E90Post
 


Motormavericks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > iPhone 3g BMW cradle?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-04-2008, 12:51 AM   #1
cazisk
Aussie
Australia
5

 
cazisk's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Saphire Black
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 335i (e92)  [0.00]
iPhone 3g BMW cradle?

anyone got those yet? i rang my local dealer (the only one in town ) and they said that it wasn't out in australia yet and they only had one for the first Iphone? But i saw some on ebay....

didnt really want to wait that long for it to be sent from overseas lol...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
72

 
WOPALX's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 1,993
iTrader: (2)

I ordered one from Tichner BMW in the USA. Took about 5 days to arrive.

It was for the 1st gen iPhone but fits the 2nd gen without issue, just a little tighter. Phone charges etc no problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #3
bimmerron
Private First Class
7

 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Australia


Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)

Does it pair via bluetooth OK? If so does it recognise i-Phone address book OK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
I ordered one from Tichner BMW in the USA. Took about 5 days to arrive.

It was for the 1st gen iPhone but fits the 2nd gen without issue, just a little tighter. Phone charges etc no problems.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2008, 04:28 PM   #4
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
72

 
WOPALX's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 1,993
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerron View Post
Does it pair via bluetooth OK? If so does it recognise i-Phone address book OK?
Only issue I had was a little echo, turned up the handset volume during a call while connected via bluetooth and it sorted that out.

Address book etc is all good as far as I can see.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 02:15 AM   #5
cazisk
Aussie
Australia
5

 
cazisk's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Saphire Black
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 335i (e92)  [0.00]
so i could just get the first gen iphone cradle and use that? lol my dealer was saying that they tried n all and that it didnt fit...but then again they told me my car came with an lsd lol

my address book came out fine, even better than my old phone. the old phone didnt put all the numbers through if you had several number on one name, iphone 3g did
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 04:14 AM   #6
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
72

 
WOPALX's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 1,993
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazisk View Post
so i could just get the first gen iphone cradle and use that? lol my dealer was saying that they tried n all and that it didnt fit...but then again they told me my car came with an lsd lol

my address book came out fine, even better than my old phone. the old phone didnt put all the numbers through if you had several number on one name, iphone 3g did
It's tight but not too bad.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
BBQWER
Banned
7

 
Drives: E93 325i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia, Sydney


Posts: 219
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to BBQWER Send a message via Skype™ to BBQWER
I bought 16gb white iphone yesterday, and arrived today. havent try with my car yet, but i still prefer my N95 8gb

its locked to telstra, if anyone would like to buy, i want to sell it.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #8
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
48

 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
I have emailed my dealership to see if they can get them in. Hopefully they will, otherwise I may have to contact an international one.

Very very happy with my iPhone, finally good to have a phone that works with my iDrive, the 3 other Windows Mobile phone I tried didn't and the iPhone has been flawless.
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
48

 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
I can't believe it, Adelaide Motors want to charge $268 for this cradle!!!! Talk about highway robbery!
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
cazisk
Aussie
Australia
5

 
cazisk's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Saphire Black
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 335i (e92)  [0.00]
lol at least they're willing to get em in for ya LOL but yea too bad about the price =/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 07:03 AM   #11
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
48

 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Well 2 days ago I took the plunge and ordered my cradle from Tischner. Cost is $US112, and if you are impatient like me and want it delivered via UPS couriers, it will cost around another $US100, otherwise you can elect to have it delivered by the US Postal Service, which I assume is slower and cheaper.

So if you had it delivered by post, the $AU cost would be WAY BELOW what some Aussie dealerships are charging, which in my view is a real shame that the greedy dealerships want to charge more than a normal cradle for something that costs no more to make and is not sold higher than the other cradles in other markets.

Will let you know when it arrives, and impressions etc... Can't wait to have something to pin my iPhone down for proper Dynolicious runs
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2008, 04:33 PM   #12
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
72

 
WOPALX's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 1,993
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA View Post
Well 2 days ago I took the plunge and ordered my cradle from Tischner. Cost is $US112, and if you are impatient like me and want it delivered via UPS couriers, it will cost around another $US100, otherwise you can elect to have it delivered by the US Postal Service, which I assume is slower and cheaper.

So if you had it delivered by post, the $AU cost would be WAY BELOW what some Aussie dealerships are charging, which in my view is a real shame that the greedy dealerships want to charge more than a normal cradle for something that costs no more to make and is not sold higher than the other cradles in other markets.

Will let you know when it arrives, and impressions etc... Can't wait to have something to pin my iPhone down for proper Dynolicious runs
I got mine fairly quickly but was not in a rush as the iPhone had only been announced then (was not available) and I was o/s for a few weeks. But when I got home the cradle & phone were both waiting for me at the office so I was pretty happy.

So far it works really well, and worth the $150 or so AUD it cost.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2008, 08:25 AM   #13
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
48

 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Thanks, I was wondering what the cost was via US Post service... don't have it yet [drumming fingers on table]

Thanks for your help in finding tischner too.
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:36 AM   #14
cazisk
Aussie
Australia
5

 
cazisk's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Saphire Black
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 335i (e92)  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA View Post
Thanks, I was wondering what the cost was via US Post service... don't have it yet [drumming fingers on table]

Thanks for your help in finding tischner too.
whos tischner ? LOL
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 01:41 AM   #15
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
72

 
WOPALX's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Sedan
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia


Posts: 1,993
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazisk View Post
whos tischner ? LOL
A BMW dealer in the US that is very helpful for internet orders to Australia.

Spelling is actually Tishner and if you want to contact them i'd suggest sending a PM to evan@tishner .
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2008, 08:16 PM   #16
cazisk
Aussie
Australia
5

 
cazisk's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i - Saphire Black
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Perth, Australia


Posts: 85
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 335i (e92)  [0.00]
awsome! thanks wopalx!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 09:24 AM   #17
JamieA
Colonel
Australia
48

 
JamieA's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i SG
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Adelaide, Australia


Posts: 2,147
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to JamieA
Well had the cradle for a while now and can say I am very happy with it. The only thing to beware of is that it is a snug fit for the 3G phone, and it doesn't pop in and eject out like it is supposed to - in fact I would advise not to push the phone all the way in so that it clicks. It still gets power etc, but is easier to remove if you don't push it all the way in.

The thing I like about the cradle is that the connector rotates with the phone as you pull it out so that you are less likely to torque the dock connector on the bottom of your phone - I read in a post that some guy snapped the board holding the dock connector on his 3G from the snugness of the cradle. Just have some mechanical sympathy when you get it out and not rotate the phone beyond the movement of the adaptor and you will be fine, kind of pull it up a bit and then slide out works for me.

Until BMW make one specifically for the 3G, I am very happy with it. It definitely gives better range when driving in the country and better reception in the city, and of course charges the phone.
__________________
'05 E90 325i 6sp Man SG 118,032km on the odo (retired) | '06 E90 325i Step SG 121,021km on the odo (retired)
'08 E90 325i LCI Step SG 130,024km on the odo (retired)
'13 D30 328i M-Sport Step | Estoril Blue | Black/Aluminimum | Pro Nav | Xenon HBA | Lane Change Assist 1,760km on the odo
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 01:56 AM   #18
redrubypina
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Melbourne Australia


Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

I have recently purchased a 3G Iphone and find that during a mobile call others cannot hear me when talking in the car.

I had no issues with the Motorola.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Any suggestions on how to rectify?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #19
mark325
Europhile
South Africa
18

 
Drives: 06 E90 325i Manual
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sunny Coast, QLD, AU


Posts: 374
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via MSN to mark325
^^ same issues, Annoys the hell outta me of the quality.
__________________

'06 E90 325i 6MT | Full M3 Kit | H&R Euro Race | VMR V710 | Colour Kidneys

AusBMW :: My Tutorials
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:06 PM   #20
aussie_335
Enlisted Member
Australia
2

 
aussie_335's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E92 335i m-sport 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Adelaide


Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)

Iphone 3G Cradle

Hi guys. The Iphone 3G cradle is available in Australia. I was using the old 2G cradle up until a few weeks ago when I phoned Adelaide Motors to see if the new 3G cradle was available. I gave him the part number and he checked and said they had 36 available in Australia and that it would take a day to get it in. The next day he phoned me and said it was in so I wnet and picked it up. $185.00. I removed the old 2G cradle and installed the new 3G cradle (took about 1 minute) and all works fine. With the 3G cradle phone fits perfectly and ejects perfectly not like the 2G cradle which was a loose fit.
Phone recharges through the cradle and makes use of the external antenna of the car. Phone syncs perfectly and no ther issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #21
sismic
Second Lieutenant
Indonesia
20

 
sismic's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne-Australia


Posts: 230
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_335 View Post
I gave him the part number and he checked and said they had 36 available in Australia and that it would take a day to get it in.
aussie_335, do you have the part number? I might give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #22
redrubypina
New Member
Australia
0

 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Melbourne Australia


Posts: 28
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_335 View Post
Hi guys. The Iphone 3G cradle is available in Australia. I was using the old 2G cradle up until a few weeks ago when I phoned Adelaide Motors to see if the new 3G cradle was available. I gave him the part number and he checked and said they had 36 available in Australia and that it would take a day to get it in. The next day he phoned me and said it was in so I wnet and picked it up. $185.00. I removed the old 2G cradle and installed the new 3G cradle (took about 1 minute) and all works fine. With the 3G cradle phone fits perfectly and ejects perfectly not like the 2G cradle which was a loose fit.
Phone recharges through the cradle and makes use of the external antenna of the car. Phone syncs perfectly and no ther issues.
Aussie 335,

Can you confirm that the person on the other end can hear you well when the phone is in the cradle? How does it compare to when it is not in the cradle? Just want to make sure this will rectify my issue before purchasing one.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST