E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > found the interior lights.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #1
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

found the interior lights.

I dunno if anybody posted about these yet. I can't take a picture of it because it so faint. But on the Front and rear interior lights there are these 2 small squares (4 in total) They have these very tiny led lights in them flush with the surface. But they shoot beams of light on the interior of the car. In the front they shoot 1 orange beam on the shifter and one on the idrive knob in my car. On the rear I think they shoot on the seat belts. It is extremely faint and I only noticed it when I was parked waiting for somebody to come out in complete darkness. I was wtf why is my idrive knob glowing orange.
__________________
325i, 6spd manual, Alpine white, Black interior with aluminum trim, Navi/idrive, Xeon Headlights, PDC, and rear sunshades.

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 10:28 AM   #2
Broken1
E90 Addict
Broken1's Avatar
South Africa
112
Rep
2,040
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Sparking Graphite
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Johannesburg

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
that's what BMW calls ambient lighting. The e46 had it aswell. It's so the car isn't completely dark at night :-) I think it's really cool!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 06:33 PM   #3
hwkdrvr
New Member
0
Rep
24
Posts

Drives: POS 91 Kia Pride
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Daegu, South Korea

iTrader: (0)

I think the lights you are referring to are part of the alarm system (interior motion sensor). Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

M.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwkdrvr
I think the lights you are referring to are part of the alarm system (interior motion sensor). Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

M.
No those are not it.
__________________
325i, 6spd manual, Alpine white, Black interior with aluminum trim, Navi/idrive, Xeon Headlights, PDC, and rear sunshades.

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 12:11 PM   #5
Ross856
New Member
0
Rep
6
Posts

Drives: 04-325whitegreynav
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Jackson, MS

iTrader: (0)

Smile wrong

yeah wrong. It is ambient lighting. They had it on e46's 99-05 as well. I had a 98 without ambient and the dash was so dark. They really do help a lot. Love em
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 01:01 PM   #6
Martinmaxx
Private First Class
Martinmaxx's Avatar
Argentina
2
Rep
188
Posts

Drives: E39/E46/E87/E92
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Argentina

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionnv
I dunno if anybody posted about these yet. I can't take a picture of it because it so faint. But on the Front and rear interior lights there are these 2 small squares (4 in total) They have these very tiny led lights in them flush with the surface. But they shoot beams of light on the interior of the car. In the front they shoot 1 orange beam on the shifter and one on the idrive knob in my car. On the rear I think they shoot on the seat belts. It is extremely faint and I only noticed it when I was parked waiting for somebody to come out in complete darkness. I was wtf why is my idrive knob glowing orange.
This must be your first BMW in the last 10 years, right? The ambient lighting is common on most (if not every) recent BMW, including the Mini Cooper. It is great when driving at night on non iluminated roads, as it lets you find things (or even read notes/maps) in your car without using the map lights, which can glare the eyes.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #7
fusionnv
Second Lieutenant
9
Rep
210
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinmaxx
This must be your first BMW in the last 10 years, right? The ambient lighting is common on most (if not every) recent BMW, including the Mini Cooper. It is great when driving at night on non iluminated roads, as it lets you find things (or even read notes/maps) in your car without using the map lights, which can glare the eyes.
lol i unless i was sporting with a new BMW at 16 at the time, it my second. My first BMW was a 1979 635CSI. That was about 4 years back.
__________________
325i, 6spd manual, Alpine white, Black interior with aluminum trim, Navi/idrive, Xeon Headlights, PDC, and rear sunshades.

Having fun driving it.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 12:55 PM   #8
E90 Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
225
Posts

Drives: 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Missouri

iTrader: (0)

It must be a German thing. My Passat has it, and I know Audi does this as well. I agree, it gives off a very nice...well, ambiance.
__________________
9/13/05 ED - 325i SG / Terra / Burl / PP / SP / CWP / iDrive / Step / Logic7 / 35% Tint / Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 01:35 PM   #9
fatass
Second Lieutenant
3
Rep
251
Posts

Drives: none
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: bay area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Enthusiast
It must be a German thing. My Passat has it, and I know Audi does this as well. I agree, it gives off a very nice...well, ambiance.
I think most cars are getting them, my Accord has it as well. It's very nice!
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 09:39 PM   #10
romeo26
First Lieutenant
19
Rep
354
Posts

Drives: e30 325 (no lette)
Join Date: May 2005
Location: anaheim, cali

iTrader: (0)

what pakage does it come with?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2005, 01:29 AM   #11
ward
Major General
95
Rep
6,162
Posts

Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

it's standard in the states
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2005, 12:18 PM   #12
F30Toad
Lieutenant
F30Toad's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
521
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i xDrive
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Colorado

iTrader: (0)

Must be on most Honda products, our Acura has it too, only in blue. Just in the front and in the footwells???

It is nice until I move my hand through it after a while being still and catch a bright movement out of the corner of my eye. Makes me jump every once in a while, always feel like an idiot.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:37 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST