E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Argh! I made a mistake in Ordering!

06-27-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
HRC
MAUI BUILT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to HRC
Argh! I made a mistake in Ordering!

Hey All,

I was just reading the thread about interior options re the sunshade and folding rear seats and it dawned on me...did I mistake the coldweather package's opening thru the rear seat for folding rear seat option? I assumed(like an @ss!) that folding rear seats was standard and the ski opening was the option. Oh well, if I can't get that, it won't dampen my joy for the car when she arrives.

Danny
Arctic/Blk Leather/Alum.Trim/MT/ZSP/Sunshades/Blk Lines/M3 Illuminated Knob/Alcantara Performance Wheel/M-E-Brake Handle/Euro Fog Switch/Koni Yellows/H&R Sport Springs/19" VMR V718's w/PS2 Tires/M-Tech Body Kit/Carbon Fiber Spoiler/Bimmian Interior Bulbs/OEM Eye Glass Tray/SSK/Alcantara Boot/Split Armrest/OEM Dual Rear Power Outlets/Rear Ashtray Delete/OEM Alum. Pedals/Osram 6000K/Brex Rings/LED Side Markers/BMS Power Box
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #2
E90 Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Oddly, BMW offers both the 60/40 split fold and ski 'pass thru' opening in its Cold Weather Pkg, along with heated seats and the retractable headlight washers.

I agree with you, I think the 60/40 split folds should be standard.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 01:02 PM   #3
Steply
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 330i Graphite

If you got the cold weather package, then you got the fold down seats (and the ski pass-thru).

The fold down seats are great -- I have my driver seat Waaaaaay back ('cause I'm tall), and I thought that the fold down seats were going to force me to move my seat forward, but they folded down just fine (a bit snugly, but fine nonetheless)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 02:45 PM   #4
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

I didn't get fold-down seats, something that I really wish I had. I have never NOT had fold down seats in a car before, but I found a car that I wanted that had everything else I wanted, and was the right color, so I bought it.

I really can't imagine anyone NOT wanting folding seats, so I am a little disappointed in BMW about this. (Standard option in every Audi and VW I think).

However, I'll bet that it will be nearly impossible to find an e90 on a dealer lot (other than one like mine from the original shipments) that doesn't have fold down seats, unless it is specially ordered without them by an individual.

I just can't see dealers not adding the $450 fold-down seat option on every car they order for stock. It's so inexpensive, and adds a lot more loading flexibility to the car. Cold weather package is more expensive, and includes the fold-down seats, so it may not be as popular, but I expect nearly every dealer ordered car to have at least fold-down seats starting from about August on.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2005, 06:50 PM   #5
dmbigs
Private
Rep
Drives: AW 335i

my salesman mentioned something about the 60/40 not being standard due to eventual rattling and looseness associated with it? I never onced used it on my previous car so didnt matter much to me......
      06-27-2005, 06:58 PM   #6
CC 330i
Captain
Rep
Drives: 330i SG/Blk/Alum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbigs
my salesman mentioned something about the 60/40 not being standard due to eventual rattling and looseness associated with it? I never onced used it on my previous car so didnt matter much to me......
Well, I had them in my 9 year old Jetta and they never rattled, so I sure hope that BMW could design them not to rattle and get loose over time. I think that the rear seat back could help add to the stiffness of the chassis of the car, but with the e90, the chassis should be plenty stiff even with fold-down seats.

One major reason I didn't like the Mitsubishi Evo was the lack of fold down seats, so I kind of feel like a hippocrite for getting an e90 without them.... But the rest of the car was so good, I can live with it. I just have to get surf racks now.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2005, 01:30 AM   #7
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
I ordered the fold-down rear seats. I use it all the time for carrying bigger items and find it extremely useful.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0