E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Dakota grey w/ grey poplar pics?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-19-2008, 01:51 PM   #1
517
Second Lieutenant
 
517's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 A5 w/ S-Line
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Question Dakota grey w/ grey poplar pics?

I'm looking at buying a leftover '08 - TiAg w/ dakota grey and grey poplar. Anyone have any real life pics of this interior combo? Don't flame me - I did a search and looked all around and couldn't find anything here. The configurator's interior pics are small, so I hoped someone here could help. Thanks.
517 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:07 PM   #2
Rips335iCoupe
Banned
 
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Goodyear, AZ

Posts: 947
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [0.00]


Rips335iCoupe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
alex2112
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: MA

Posts: 379
iTrader: (3)

I have this interior color combo on my Sparkling Graphite 328. Unfortunately I don't have my digital camera with me ATM. I will try to snap some cell phone pics but they wont look that pretty.

I like it a lot, the gray dakota leather and the gray poplar go so well together IMO. In a recent thread I read of interior colors, I noticed that this color combo is pretty rare. Many people have said that it looks "too gray" or "too drab" but I like it alot, especially with my graphite exterior. I think it looks cool and modern while still looking elegant without too much contrast between the trim and the leather. Another aspect I like about it is that in different light environments, it can look different. For example, sometimes the leather can look a very light gray and the trim like piano black. Other times the leather looks like a dark gray and the trim a really dark brownish black. I am sure the combo works well with TiAg too, any tone of silver colored exterior actually.
__________________
alex2112 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:13 PM   #4
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
 
ra2fanatic's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

Posts: 11,805
iTrader: (29)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
i wish i had the grey poplar wood...only option they had on the lot was the burl wood

gl on the buy OP!
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
ra2fanatic is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 02:43 PM   #5
yankyfn
Private
 
yankyfn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 AW 335i Coupe
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC Burbs

Posts: 55
iTrader: (0)

I think it looks great. The grey poplar is a different touch that yours will have that most others wont. I believe many more people would buy the grey option if it were available on the lot but it's usually not and most don't want to wait to order it. I ordered my 335i with the grey poplar and black leather. I absolutely love it. My old 325Ci had the normal drab (IMO) burl with black leather and I didn't want to see the same color scheme for another few years........... Good luck with your purchase....
yankyfn is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 03:33 PM   #6
517
Second Lieutenant
 
517's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 A5 w/ S-Line
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex2112 View Post
I have this interior color combo on my Sparkling Graphite 328. Unfortunately I don't have my digital camera with me ATM. I will try to snap some cell phone pics but they wont look that pretty.

I like it a lot, the gray dakota leather and the gray poplar go so well together IMO. In a recent thread I read of interior colors, I noticed that this color combo is pretty rare. Many people have said that it looks "too gray" or "too drab" but I like it alot, especially with my graphite exterior. I think it looks cool and modern while still looking elegant without too much contrast between the trim and the leather. Another aspect I like about it is that in different light environments, it can look different. For example, sometimes the leather can look a very light gray and the trim like piano black. Other times the leather looks like a dark gray and the trim a really dark brownish black. I am sure the combo works well with TiAg too, any tone of silver colored exterior actually.
Excellent, thanks Alex2112 and yankyfn for the "reviews" and big thanks Rips335iCoupe for the pics! Looks like I will be making a good decision. I've had two E46's w/ the dark burl walnut and I've always thought that looked nice and classy (one w/ black and the other w/ grey leather), but I wasn't sure about GREY wood. Rip's pics just sealed the deal, I do believe! Oh, and .9% financing didn't hurt, either! Can't wait to go from 225 weak hp to 300...

Last edited by 517; 08-19-2008 at 03:49 PM.
517 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 05:01 PM   #7
hyperspeed
Captain
 
hyperspeed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E93 Mineral White M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

Posts: 805
iTrader: (6)

Send a message via AIM to hyperspeed
i have this color combo and absolutely love it. good luck
__________________
F80 M3 YMB / SS on order

hyperspeed is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #8
CaptChaos
Captain
 
CaptChaos's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 335
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada

Posts: 739
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 335  [0.00]
Check pics in the link in my sig. I think the Grey Poplar looks great with Dakota Grey leather.
CaptChaos is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-19-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
517
Second Lieutenant
 
517's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 A5 w/ S-Line
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Michigan

Posts: 273
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptChaos View Post
Check pics in the link in my sig. I think the Grey Poplar looks great with Dakota Grey leather.
Wow - gorgeous car. LOVE those wheels. Thanks for the link.
517 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2008, 09:23 PM   #10
JimG328i
Private
 
Drives: IS250C or Solara Convertible
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Pepper Pike, OH USA

Posts: 71
iTrader: (0)

I ordered the Dakota gray with the gray poplar for my montego blue E93. I think it will look awesome. I saw the same interior last night in a SG E93. Gorgeous!
JimG328i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-20-2008, 09:32 PM   #11
SteveMondragon
Seaman
 
SteveMondragon's Avatar
 
Drives: E92
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: LA

Posts: 443
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 517 View Post
Don't flame me - I did a search and looked all around and couldn't find anything here.

Ok, because I'm bored.....

Look two posts up from yours in this very forum

SteveMondragon is offline   Niger
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:06 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST