E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Michigan Roll Call



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-12-2011, 12:56 AM   #45
joyride
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroit

Posts: 165
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
Welcome! What color combo/chassis do you have? Perhaps I'll see you commuting on Woodward.
Thanks, I've got an E92(coupe), black/black, 35% tint, Gunmetal V710s, M3 Lip spoiler, Aero Lip, matte black grills w/ painted lower grills. I'm sure you'll see me around WW in the summer. For now, it's a winter car.
joyride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-12-2011, 10:18 PM   #46
sterz85
Second Lieutenant
 
sterz85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Troy, MI

Posts: 239
iTrader: (1)

troy
sterz85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2011, 05:38 PM   #47
Agent11br
Captain
 
Agent11br's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, MI

Posts: 894
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
Thanks, I've got an E92(coupe), black/black, 35% tint, Gunmetal V710s, M3 Lip spoiler, Aero Lip, matte black grills w/ painted lower grills. I'm sure you'll see me around WW in the summer. For now, it's a winter car.
Pics please I'm debating on wheel color if I upgrade this summer and wondered what gunmetal V710s would look like on a black e92. I'm too lazy to search, LOL. Do you have jet black or sapphire paint? TIA
__________________
07 E90 335i TiAg/Black 6MT
Agent11br is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #48
joyride
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroit

Posts: 165
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent11br View Post
Pics please I'm debating on wheel color if I upgrade this summer and wondered what gunmetal V710s would look like on a black e92. I'm too lazy to search, LOL. Do you have jet black or sapphire paint? TIA
I really didn't take any pictures after doing a lot of work last winter. But here is a pic from 2009 with the gun metal. I'll have to take some updated pics this year for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13173647@N04/3819917981/

And honestly, i think that type of color is perfect for the jet black. I went with factory gunmetal from VMR, but i've seen a couple finishes from other venders that i think i'd like a little better. Of course, i'd like my car to be the only Jet black with gunmetal, but i can't hate because I love it so much =)
joyride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2011, 10:25 AM   #49
anerbe
Major
 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI

Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
I really didn't take any pictures after doing a lot of work last winter. But here is a pic from 2009 with the gun metal. I'll have to take some updated pics this year for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13173647@N04/3819917981/

And honestly, i think that type of color is perfect for the jet black. I went with factory gunmetal from VMR, but i've seen a couple finishes from other venders that i think i'd like a little better. Of course, i'd like my car to be the only Jet black with gunmetal, but i can't hate because I love it so much =)
Looks great!

BTW, is that picture on the side of Street Legal Customs? I was always curious if they tuned BMW, and now with COBB in the market, perhaps they will provide some local support?
anerbe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-14-2011, 10:34 AM   #50
joyride
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroit

Posts: 165
iTrader: (2)

Yeah, that's at Street Legal. I've not had anything done there, i'm friends with them through a good friend of mine. But the owner of Street Legal did just get a blk/blk e92, basically my cars stock twin, so he might start getting into the market.
joyride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #51
sterz85
Second Lieutenant
 
sterz85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Troy, MI

Posts: 239
iTrader: (1)

anybody know a good body shop in the troy area that i can take my m3 bumper for paint?

also, for the xi owners, what suspension setup are you guys running?
sterz85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2011, 02:53 PM   #52
joyride
Private First Class
 
Drives: X5 M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Detroit

Posts: 165
iTrader: (2)

Go to motorwerks in commerce, that's who I've had paint my bumper (and a bunch of other stuff) last winter. I looked around and got quotes from all over, and they have one of the best painters and the best price. Any of the AutoMetrics are good, but, that's where motorwerks got their guy from. Plus, they are a great bunch of guys who love cars, pretty impressive what they've worked on.
joyride is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2011, 03:01 PM   #53
sterz85
Second Lieutenant
 
sterz85's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 328xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Troy, MI

Posts: 239
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
Go to motorwerks in commerce, that's who I've had paint my bumper (and a bunch of other stuff) last winter. I looked around and got quotes from all over, and they have one of the best painters and the best price. Any of the AutoMetrics are good, but, that's where motorwerks got their guy from. Plus, they are a great bunch of guys who love cars, pretty impressive what they've worked on.
pm me how much they charged you to paint the bumper
sterz85 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-17-2011, 07:59 AM   #54
anerbe
Major
 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI

Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

I agree - Motorwerks or Autometric.

I haven't had any experience with Automark.
anerbe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #55
Agent11br
Captain
 
Agent11br's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, MI

Posts: 894
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyride View Post
I really didn't take any pictures after doing a lot of work last winter. But here is a pic from 2009 with the gun metal. I'll have to take some updated pics this year for sure!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/13173647@N04/3819917981/

And honestly, i think that type of color is perfect for the jet black. I went with factory gunmetal from VMR, but i've seen a couple finishes from other venders that i think i'd like a little better. Of course, i'd like my car to be the only Jet black with gunmetal, but i can't hate because I love it so much =)
Thanks for posting this up!



Was anyone on this board at Lockhart's in RO on Friday night? I saw a black tinted out e90 335i drop off someone in front and then when I left there was an IB e92 M3 parked on the street several cars down from me.
__________________
07 E90 335i TiAg/Black 6MT
Agent11br is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #56
anerbe
Major
 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI

Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent11br View Post
Thanks for posting this up!



Was anyone on this board at Lockhart's in RO on Friday night? I saw a black tinted out e90 335i drop off someone in front and then when I left there was an IB e92 M3 parked on the street several cars down from me.
I love BBQ - had a craving after some coworkers talked about Slows that day
anerbe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 12:40 PM   #57
Agent11br
Captain
 
Agent11br's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Birmingham, MI

Posts: 894
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by anerbe View Post
I love BBQ - had a craving after some coworkers talked about Slows that day
Cool man, nice car! See you around for sure!
__________________
07 E90 335i TiAg/Black 6MT
Agent11br is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #58
anerbe
Major
 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI

Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent11br View Post
Cool man, nice car! See you around for sure!
Thanks! See you around
anerbe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #59
paul9luap
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 36
iTrader: (0)

I'm back and forth between Canton and Ann Arbor.
paul9luap is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-22-2011, 10:39 AM   #60
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

West Bloooooooooooomfield
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-27-2011, 05:58 PM   #61
CAMOETO
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SE MI

Posts: 27
iTrader: (1)

Got my 2007 335i CPO in September and live in Canton.
CAMOETO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #62
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOETO View Post
Got my 2007 335i CPO in September and live in Canton.
Cool - What color?
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #63
CAMOETO
New Member
 
Drives: 2007 335i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: SE MI

Posts: 27
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
Cool - What color?
Montego Blue, just like yours. What I found completely hillarious is I was at Costco a few weeks ago, and someone with another 6sp Montego Blue parked right in front of me when I came back. Even the same winter wheels/tires. What are the chances...
CAMOETO is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-29-2011, 02:19 PM   #64
mkoesel
Moderator
 
Drives: 2015 Felt IA2
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canton, MI

Posts: 13,696
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMOETO View Post
Montego Blue, just like yours. What I found completely hillarious is I was at Costco a few weeks ago, and someone with another 6sp Montego Blue parked right in front of me when I came back. Even the same winter wheels/tires. What are the chances...
Not to many Montego 335i's around. I've only seen one other one (it was in Westland), though I have seen a few Montego 328i's in the area.

FWIW, the car that parked near you wasn't me. For one thing I don't have a Costco membership , but for two, the 335i has stock 162s with Pirelli all seasons on it now. This is the first year we used them and they have worked out really well. So if you (or anyone else) needs a cheap set of 162s with and/or Hankook snow tires, let me know.
__________________
A gen-u-ine BMW eff-eight-zero with them tandem clutches in the transmission and that dad gum sun roof on the top-a da cawr.
mkoesel is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 04:29 PM   #65
anerbe
Major
 
Drives: 2013 S4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: BH, MI

Posts: 1,246
iTrader: (1)

Perhaps it was one of you - last night (Saturday), I was behind a Montego Blue 6MT sedan that turned from 11 mile to Washington in downtown Royal Oak.
anerbe is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-30-2011, 11:37 PM   #66
hwa786
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 08 BMW 328xi
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Metro Detroit

Posts: 482
iTrader: (0)

I have a montego blue in West Bloomfield, I barely see any others!
__________________
2008 BMW 328xi Sedan - Montego Blue Metallic

hwa786 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:33 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST