E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: OEM CF front lip install

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
EVO_S4's Avatar DIY: OEM CF front lip install
EVO_S4
06-29-2005
Very easy to install, all you need is a 8mm socket.
1st = Use the 3m tape that is provided to mount on the Carbon fiber
2nd = remove 2bolts under the front bumper
3rd - lined it up to the bumper and install and follow by installing the 2 bolts back on.
Here is some...
By carlosng on 11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
thanks...
Have someone shipped to Canada before?
By NaTuReB0Y on 11-20-2005, 02:58 AM
I bought mine from pacificbmw....

and impulsebrklyn is correct on how to install the cf lips!
By RD Sport on 12-08-2005, 11:14 AM
I just bought the CF lips but I don't see any adhesive in the package. I only found the CF lips and the 3M stickers. Anyone can help?
By Jimifighter on 12-28-2005, 07:25 PM
Do I have to go to the dealer and get "Betalink" adhesive or can I just use a generic adhesive available at the local auto parts store?
By Tierfreund on 12-29-2005, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Down
Whats the purpose of these carbon fiber lips? Is it just cosmetic? Can they be bought in Titanium Silver?
Purely cosmetic. They come only in the black CF, but you could paint them silver if you like (be prepared for some flaming though. Many would consider painting CF frivolous)
By Jimifighter on 12-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Anyone have an answer on the betalink? The dealer is an hour away and i would just get some 3M epoxy instead if that will work. Beuller?
By NaTuReB0Y on 12-30-2005, 02:41 AM
I just use some adhesive($3.99) I bought from Autozone....and they seem to work/hold better than the Betalink.....which other E90 users used......
By Jimifighter on 12-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y
I just use some adhesive($3.99) I bought from Autozone....and they seem to work/hold better than the Betalink.....which other E90 users used......
Thanks, that is what I did. Seems to work fine...will post if they spontaneously fall off.
Attached Images

By sejobl on 08-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Does anybody else have the carbon lips on jet black exterior ?

Please take a look at the photos of my car.....it looks like the lips do not match the jet black color. i.e. the lips are too gray compared to the exterior color. I understand that it's "carbon" pattern, but shoudn't there be more black in those lips to complement the car color? (Or do those lips only come in one shade?)

I have not seen the car yet, just the photos. (I should get the car next Monday). Maybe there is just too much glare from the show-room lights.

I would like to hear if anybody else has these lips on jet black exterior and if there is that much difference as I see in the photos? Has anybody tried repainting over those lips?

Thank you.
Attached Images

By Chesmu on 08-15-2006, 08:52 PM
that's the way they are supposed to look. Look at some other pics of cf lips on black cars... it looks the same. IMO I don't like 'em, but if you get them, you want people to notice... even on JB.
By Chesmu on 08-15-2006, 09:35 PM
by the way, what style wheels are those? I have 162's and like them very much, but your style looks really cool.
By sejobl on 08-16-2006, 09:16 AM
Wheels

Moocow, thanks for your reply.

I wish I knew what the exact style number is on those wheels, but I don't have my accessory catalog for 330i with me. I think they are listed as 19" star-spoke (aluminium??) wheels with low-profile Pirelli tires.

I know that in the catalog, the MSRP price on these is $4500 for a set of four (tires included). I hope this helps.
By H.Solo on 08-26-2006, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sejobl
I would like to hear if anybody else has these lips on jet black exterior and if there is that much difference as I see in the photos? Has anybody tried repainting over those lips?
I painted my CF lips and I highly recommend it:
Attached Images

By cto702 on 09-07-2006, 02:57 PM
anyone have those lips on a sparkling graphite?
By SV Concepts on 09-07-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks great, no wonder they are selling so well! Also, we have aftermarket ones for a lot cheaper at www.jlevisw.com!

Thanks
JL
By virgiliosbmw on 09-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Does anyone know if the carbon lip can be used to cover up dents, or does it have to sit flush with the bumper?
By SV Concepts on 09-14-2006, 02:19 AM
I'm sure a minor dent will be fine
JL
By E90T on 02-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tierfreund View Post
Purely cosmetic. They come only in the black CF, but you could paint them silver if you like (be prepared for some flaming though. Many would consider painting CF frivolous)

What are you talking about? I'm going to paint mine Black Saphire for sure, the raw carbon look will wear out over time. Painted CF lips look really good almost like an ///M bumper.

Now the question is, do they rub against anything? do they crack?
By E90T on 02-21-2007, 10:09 AM
If it behaves anything like my CF Easton Synergy hockey sticks, they will have peices cracking off with any impact. That Is why I would like to take them off during winter, we have alot of gravel on the road. Can they be easily removed?
By canucklion on 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM
no, they're not easily removed, and if you keep on removing/reapplying them, evenually they'll crack or deterioate

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90T View Post
If it behaves anything like my CF Easton Synergy hockey sticks, they will have peices cracking off with any impact. That Is why I would like to take them off during winter, we have alot of gravel on the road. Can they be easily removed?
Comment