E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > 2009 E93 seat belt locked

08-18-2017, 04:21 PM   #1
trbizwiz
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93

2009 E93 seat belt locked

Ok, so my 2009 E93 seat belt decided to lock up a few weeks ago. I have been searching for a fix, but no luck so far. So I have resolved to replace it.
I can buy a new one for about $170. But my problem is in the installation/removal.
I have had the original belt mostly out. I say mostly, because I can not figure out how to remove it from the head rest. There must be some little trick, but so far google and searching has been little help.
Now this car is my daily driver, so I need a seat belt. I have jimmy rigged it to function on some level. i took out the mechanism that attaches to the cable thingy out of the back of the detractor. Best I can tell this is some sort of crash safety seat belt disabler
Anyway, be removing the little blue part, with the level ball, the seat belt will ratchet and lock as you would expect. But I am sure those removed parts serve some important function. So I would like to get a new mechanism in there.
I do not want to order the new belt until I know how to remove the old one.
So if anyone on here can tell me how to get the old seat belt out of the head rest I will much appreciate it.
Appreciate 0