E90Post

Alpine HID

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Help! Anbody know who owned this car?

09-19-2008, 01:15 PM   #1
jrusl12
Private First Class

Drives: 07 E92 335i JB/CR

Send a message via AIM to jrusl12
Help! Anbody know who owned this car?

I was looking at purchasing a loaded Montego Blue 335i coupe from Exotic Motors in Bellevue, but after looking at the car I have a feeling the car may have had front end damage that was fixed, but I don't think any of it shows up on the vehicle history. So I was wondering if anybody on here previously owned the car or know who did and what the history of the car is? I prefer not to buy a previously wrecked car that's being advertised as never having been so, whether it's the dealer misrepresenting it or if they unknowingly purchased a previously damaged car. Or does anybody know the credibility of Exotic Motors on Bellevue Redmond (Bel Red) Rd off of 152 Ave? Here's the link to the craigslist posting on the car and a few pictures I pulled off the ad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/ctd/844593441.html

jrusl12 is offline   United_States
      09-19-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
ala012
Koala012

Drives: E92 M3 Dakar Yellow

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to ala012
Yea.. I saw this yesterday from Craiglist.

Front looks just like mine.
      09-19-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
hmm... what do you mean by front end damage? did you see any scratches or some sort? If you are worried about the missing headlight washer cover, those things are easily pried off by some punk kids.. he also has the aero lip so the fitment might look a little funky depending on how well he put it on .. It looks like a pretty clean car, someone to put that much investments into their car is bound to keep it tidy. Hmm might wanna check out the engine, it looks like he used to run K&N filters, which might have ment that he had a tune of some sort.. Make sure the warranty is in-tact and the car hasnt been flagged by BMW (but i dono how you'd find that out since they keep it confidential from even the owner sometimes).. gl on your purchase!
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
      09-19-2008, 04:20 PM   #4
White_Pearl
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
this is usualy the case some dude gets it off the action with a rebuilt or a salvage title then fixes it and sells it. lot of times you wont even tell its been hit. but there are ways to find out. also carfax can give you more details on it

i know this cuz i used to do this. tell i was like eef this im buying new. so the last 2 cars are from the dealer with 00 miles on them.
      09-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
White_Pearl
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 335i coupe

Garage List
2008 E92 335i  [0.00]
its a clean ride though
      09-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #6
jrusl12
Private First Class

The paint on the car all around is pretty much flawless, and it has a stoneguard on the bumper, part of the hood and mirrors (dunno the brand tho). But the front bumper is out of alignment, which I could have passed off as a bad install, but there was paint overspray/splatter on the lip on the inside of the top of the fenders, including a slight bit on the molding at the base of the front windshield. From this, it is obvious that the car was resprayed, as neither of these portions of the car should have exterior paint splatter on them from a stock, premolding paint job. It's just a matter of whether the previous owner had it resprayed for rock chips, scratches and what not, or if it was resprayed from collision damage repair/replacement.

I actually just had a friend look at it that knows a hell of a lot more about cars than I do. He thinks the car took had a front end collision and the bumper and hood were replaced/fixed. There wasn't any apparent frame damage on the car. However, some of the screws on the hood were partially stripped, so it was obvious to him that the hood had been removed and most likely replaced (there were a few other little things that led to this conclusion as well that I'm not remembering). The previously mentioned overspray was probably from the paint blending of the hood to the fenders (the overspray was between the hood/fenders on both sides). So either the hood was resprayed and blended or both fenders were replaced/repainted. He thought it was just the hood that was replaced though, and not the fenders.

"According" to the dealer", the car was checked out by BMW and wasn't chipped, and nothing on the warranty should be voided, other than stuff related to the aftermarket suspension. My buddy said the suspension is really nice too, although I don't know the brand. I'd personally check the warranty with BMW to make sure nothing had been voided though.

Regardless of what the deal is for sure, I don't think I want to play the "guess how hard this car was hit for $40k" game. I'm getting so impatient to pick up one of these cars, but I don't wanna take the risk of payin a lot in repairs later. It might have been the slightest of fender benders, but it's kind of a gamble when there's no history on the collision, as the dealer's carfax report had no citation of the incident. Sux tho, cuz I really liked the car. I almost jumped the gun last night and walked off the lot with it. Glad I slept on it. It might turn out to be perfectly fine for whoever buys it, but for $40k, I don't wanna take the chance of it not turning out that way.
      09-19-2008, 05:00 PM   #7
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrusl12 View Post
The paint on the car all around is pretty much flawless, and it has a stoneguard on the bumper, part of the hood and mirrors (dunno the brand tho). But the front bumper is out of alignment, which I could have passed off as a bad install, but there was paint overspray/splatter on the lip on the inside of the top of the fenders, including a slight bit on the molding at the base of the front windshield. From this, it is obvious that the car was resprayed, as neither of these portions of the car should have exterior paint splatter on them from a stock, premolding paint job. It's just a matter of whether the previous owner had it resprayed for rock chips, scratches and what not, or if it was resprayed from collision damage repair/replacement.

I actually just had a friend look at it that knows a hell of a lot more about cars than I do. He thinks the car took had a front end collision and the bumper and hood were replaced/fixed. There wasn't any apparent frame damage on the car. However, some of the screws on the hood were partially stripped, so it was obvious to him that the hood had been removed and most likely replaced (there were a few other little things that led to this conclusion as well that I'm not remembering). The previously mentioned overspray was probably from the paint blending of the hood to the fenders (the overspray was between the hood/fenders on both sides). So either the hood was resprayed and blended or both fenders were replaced/repainted. He thought it was just the hood that was replaced though, and not the fenders.

"According" to the dealer", the car was checked out by BMW and wasn't chipped, and nothing on the warranty should be voided, other than stuff related to the aftermarket suspension. My buddy said the suspension is really nice too, although I don't know the brand. I'd personally check the warranty with BMW to make sure nothing had been voided though.

Regardless of what the deal is for sure, I don't think I want to play the "guess how hard this car was hit for $40k" game. I'm getting so impatient to pick up one of these cars, but I don't wanna take the risk of payin a lot in repairs later. It might have been the slightest of fender benders, but it's kind of a gamble when there's no history on the collision, as the dealer's carfax report had no citation of the incident. Sux tho, cuz I really liked the car. I almost jumped the gun last night and walked off the lot with it. Glad I slept on it. It might turn out to be perfectly fine for whoever buys it, but for $40k, I don't wanna take the chance of it not turning out that way.
Thats mighty expensive for a used 335i with possible front end damage.. If the price was lower, I'd say go for it as long as there wasnt any frame dmg, but its just overpriced IMO, you can get a better deal than that, and still have money left over to get a nice set of wheels of your choice and even the aero lip... gl with the car shopping, I'll try to keep my eye out for something
      09-19-2008, 05:21 PM   #8
jrusl12
Private First Class

Yeah I hadn't got to the point of negotiating a price, 42k was just the listing price, I wasn't trying to spend that much. The dealer was claiming they thought it had never been damaged, so they were selling it as great condition and not as damaged After doing my research though, I don't think that's true and I'll have to pass on picking this up, regardless of price.

It's just hard to find a fairly loaded 6MT around the Seattle/Tacoma area without having to drive to Cali. If I can't find a used one to buy soon or find something I could still live with in a new 08, then I might think about taking a Euro Delivery on an 09. Just not sure yet if I really wanna blow 50k+.
      09-19-2008, 06:48 PM   #9
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I hadn't got to the point of negotiating a price, 42k was just the listing price, I wasn't trying to spend that much. The dealer was claiming they thought it had never been damaged, so they were selling it as great condition and not as damaged After doing my research though, I don't think that's true and I'll have to pass on picking this up, regardless of price.

It's just hard to find a fairly loaded 6MT around the Seattle/Tacoma area without having to drive to Cali. If I can't find a used one to buy soon or find something I could still live with in a new 08, then I might think about taking a Euro Delivery on an 09. Just not sure yet if I really wanna blow 50k+.
If you can afford it, its worth it... Defiantly not "blowing" 50k, you know how people say that a car is the worst investment? Well if buying my car was the worst investment, than hell, I never have to worry about making a bad purchase

Me thinks... just wait and see what come out of the market, plus, never buy a used from the stealership, they rip you off on a used car so much more than a new one .. Try to find a local buyer if possible, but if you must purchase it at the stealership, wait till the new models are coming out, that way you can negotiate the price like crazy.. (however, Im not sure if the 09's are out yet, I purchased my car August 1 2007, right as the 08's were coming out.. I didn't get screwed by the new DME and I got a hellofa deal on it..
      09-19-2008, 06:50 PM   #10
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
how about
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/843668861.html
      09-19-2008, 07:42 PM   #11
jrusl12
Private First Class

Yeah I originally was looking at spending like 35k on a car, maybe gettin an e46 m3 or something, but then all of a sudden I got sucked into the new market and was lookin at the 335, is350, a4/s4, etc and my price range jumped up 10-15k, haha. Just wanna make sure I can still afford a house payment as well as a good down payment on it if I decide to buy a house before my car is paid off.

And I saw that 335i on craigslist, just might have call and check what other options are on it, if any, cuz there's a few more I'd prefer to get. And it's 0.9% on the 08 335i Sedans right now if I decide to go new, plus pretty good deals. But the only two new 6MT's I'd be interested in "locally" are in Oregon (if they're still there), and they're Sparkling Graphite, which is probably like my 4th color choice. Just a matter of deciding to "settle" for something that's quite a bit cheaper and has .9% interest or go spend 50k on a new one and got nailed with 5.5% interest, but get exactly what I want. Or maybe just falling across the perfectly priced and optioned used one
      09-19-2008, 07:56 PM   #12
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I originally was looking at spending like 35k on a car, maybe gettin an e46 m3 or something, but then all of a sudden I got sucked into the new market and was lookin at the 335, is350, a4/s4, etc and my price range jumped up 10-15k, haha. Just wanna make sure I can still afford a house payment as well as a good down payment on it if I decide to buy a house before my car is paid off.

And I saw that 335i on craigslist, just might have call and check what other options are on it, if any, cuz there's a few more I'd prefer to get. And it's 0.9% on the 08 335i Sedans right now if I decide to go new, plus pretty good deals. But the only two new 6MT's I'd be interested in "locally" are in Oregon (if they're still there), and they're Sparkling Graphite, which is probably like my 4th color choice. Just a matter of deciding to "settle" for something that's quite a bit cheaper and has .9% interest or go spend 50k on a new one and got nailed with 5.5% interest, but get exactly what I want. Or maybe just falling across the perfectly priced and optioned used one
yeah dude, dont get an IS... or an A4 for that matter, I have friends with those cars and if you want just a regular commuter car, you'll be pretty happy with either one.. Comfy, luxurious and smooth driving. BUT if you want a real sport luxury car, get the 335i! the 4drs are really nice because it gives you a lot more room than the e92. I never regretted getting an E90 over a E92, but I gotta say, E92s look amazing, stock for stock I think they look a lot better. for some reason BMW decided to give a little more to the E92 compared to the E90.. However, if you browse the forums, highly modded E90 look a lot more aggressive than highly modded E92's..

If money is an issue, try looking at a 328i model, I'm sure you can pick one up for less than 40k, maybe even new. but I advise you, don't test drive the 335i if you plan on getting the 328i...
      09-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #13
jrusl12
Private First Class

Yeah I'm sold on BMW...already have ruled out all those other options, but that was my starting point. Had to check out my options first seeing how this is my first car purchase. I had been plannin on gettin an e90 but now I don't think I care whether it's an e90 or e92. And yeah I've already test driven 3 or 4 335i's, so I'm not gonna even waste my time test driving a 328 . I was gonna go with the automatic cuz they seemed fine and were the first two I test drove and I figured it would work for me. But then I took a 6MT out for a spin and haven't considered the automatic since, haha.
      09-19-2008, 09:54 PM   #14
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
Yeah I'm sold on BMW...already have ruled out all those other options, but that was my starting point. Had to check out my options first seeing how this is my first car purchase. I had been plannin on gettin an e90 but now I don't think I care whether it's an e90 or e92. And yeah I've already test driven 3 or 4 335i's, so I'm not gonna even waste my time test driving a 328 . I was gonna go with the automatic cuz they seemed fine and were the first two I test drove and I figured it would work for me. But then I took a 6MT out for a spin and haven't considered the automatic since, haha.
Haha nice. welcome to the dark side , did you drive a AT with paddle shifters? they are wonderful, I love that shit. I too was in the market for a MT and was about to buy the MT, but I took a AT w/ paddle shifters on a ride the day I went in to buy the MT one, just for fun of course.. I was so impressed how the car drove in manual mode, I had to go home and sleep on it, lol came back the next day and bought the AT with paddle shifters and I can't tell you how satisfied I was.. The 335i has one of the best automatic transmissions out on the market.. Although I wish that they offered DTC, I am happy with the Steptronic.

Here is C&D's review of the Steptronic transmission for the 335i.
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...take_road_test
      09-19-2008, 11:24 PM   #15
jdink
Major

Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT

I'll sell you my 6MT e90
      09-19-2008, 11:26 PM   #16
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
I'll sell you my 6MT e90
don't but it from him hes a scammer!
      09-20-2008, 12:08 AM   #17
jdink
Major

$45,000 and you can pick my car up tomorrow.
      09-20-2008, 12:19 AM   #18
jdink
Major

e90 black sapphire 335i 6MT sport, premium, ipod/usb, cold weather, black leather, burl trim, blacklines, 35% tint, leather shift knob and a few other small cosmetic mods and i'm in tacoma!
      09-20-2008, 12:24 AM   #19
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer

Garage List
Quote:
$45,000 and you can pick my car up tomorrow.
Quote:
e90 black sapphire 335i 6MT sport, premium, ipod/usb, cold weather, black leather, burl trim, blacklines, 35% tint, leather shift knob and a few other small cosmetic mods and i'm in tacoma!
lies I say!
      09-20-2008, 04:17 PM   #20
jrusl12
Private First Class

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
lies I say!
You guys having some issues there?
      09-21-2008, 07:02 PM   #21
jdink
Major

My car also will come with a arctic m-tech kit... that is, if i can find where peter parked his car.
      09-21-2008, 09:44 PM   #22
jrusl12
Private First Class

Quote:
My car also will come with a arctic m-tech kit... that is, if i can find where peter parked his car.
Haha, are you even actually sellin your car?