E90Post
 


MaxcySpeed & Company
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > USB retro now available!!



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-23-2008, 05:35 AM   #23
miketheman2k
Private
 
miketheman2k's Avatar
 
Drives: 320D Touring
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Roundabout City

Posts: 63
iTrader: (0)

It keeps mentioning 'Legend' on that retrofit document, quite fitting as you'd have to be to fit that.
miketheman2k is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 05:00 AM   #24
coodem
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: M335d
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Herts

Posts: 279
iTrader: (0)

Any updates on this. I was going to get the ipod upgrade, but don't see the point, as I have an iphone, and it does not seem possible to use phone while listening to music. A memory stick is cheap as chips
coodem is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 05:08 AM   #25
E92Fan
Moderator
 
E92Fan's Avatar
 
Drives: .
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: .

Posts: 5,492
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coodem View Post
Any updates on this. I was going to get the ipod upgrade, but don't see the point, as I have an iphone, and it does not seem possible to use phone while listening to music. A memory stick is cheap as chips
Will have an update for everyone shortly - currently attempting an install of the USB 6FL retrofit into my car, which is a 08/2006 build. According to BMW, the 6FL upgrade only works with cars 03/2007-on, although we can't see why there would be any problem with a pre-03/2007 car as the fundamental CCC units are the same (except for the 8 favourite buttons)
E92Fan is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 07:32 AM   #26
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

I've got Douglas Park in Glasgow just checking it all out for me and my sep 07 (registered) e91 335d

So far 195 for the parts
2-3 hours fitting
2 hours coding
hourly rate 98.40
all exclusive of VAT.

BUT - the very very helpful service guy (he seems well up on his cars and the mods/retrofits) is going to check it out for me and get back to me next week. It's Friday so i told him not to rush/worry about it as i was in no huge rush.
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 08:20 AM   #27
MOB
Major
 
MOB's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 118d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rushden UK

Posts: 1,348
iTrader: (4)

So that could be 195 plus 492 labour, plus VAT = 807

Cheaper to get the actual band in the back of your car for a live performance??
__________________
MOB is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 08:29 AM   #28
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOB View Post
So that could be 195 plus 492 labour, plus VAT = 807

Cheaper to get the actual band in the back of your car for a live performance??
Yeh i know!!

Will see what my man comes back with*. Or E92Fan comes back with. Or anyone else care to pester their dealer?


He did say that this was the maximum figure and that they'd need to look into in more detail and it should be less. Hopefully 3 hours less!
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
MOB
Major
 
MOB's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 118d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rushden UK

Posts: 1,348
iTrader: (4)

I was hoping for less than 500 all in, otherise I'd probably look at Dension etc
__________________
MOB is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 09:16 AM   #30
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOB View Post
I was hoping for less than 500 all in, otherise I'd probably look at Dension etc
I was hoping at 500 too..........so fingers crossed.
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 01:40 PM   #31
misterS3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: X70 on the way
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Glasgow

Posts: 1,549
iTrader: (0)

Got a call tonight

495 plus VAT, but he's going to see if he can get that reduced.

I'm also going to show him how to pair his N95 to his 330d by updating the Version from 11 to 30.

We also discussed updating the progman and he said that would happen with USB fit, and take upto 2 days during which i'd have a courtesy car. I also asked about the latest version so he's going to find out for me what's what when he returns from hols in a week. Great service. A real car enthusiast who knew all the details of the USB fit. Excellent service!
misterS3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #32
gIzzE
Brigadier General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (2)

Any car can have this fitted, there are a couple of important things to note though.

If your car is pre march 2007 you may find that some of your modules need replacing before you can code the car properly, also, I think all cars from March 07 came with the most bus cables installed, whether there is any most equipment in your car or not.
If your car does not have the most network forget it.

All cars from March 07 can be fitted whatever, so that is probably why they have said for cars from March 07 only, just easier.


Now the other thing is you must have an MULF2 HI module, this is the USB unit and is not included in the retrofit kit.
The MULF2 is bluetooth, voice and USB.
If you car has bluetooth and voice but no professional nav (business nav is different) you will have this module in your car and the retrofit is 230, you will get a harness, usb hub, cables and USB/aux socket for that price.

If you have professional nav then you will not have this MULF2 HI module, you will have the MULF, this is because voice is built into the nav so the more expensive bluetooth module was not needed.

The price of this is around 580+vat, but on ebay.de for sub €200 all the time, grab them before the price rockets.



I would buy the kit, install it yourself, it is actually really easy and comes with step by step instructions and then get a local independent garage to add the 6FL option to your vehicle order, anyone with autologic can add it and most will charge you 1 hour at most, but you may have to leave your car overnight as other modules will have to be updated first.

Hope that helps a bit?
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 02:08 PM   #33
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,640
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Give me an example of a "most equipment", please .... what are they ?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Any car can have this fitted, there are a couple of important things to note though.

If your car is pre march 2007 you may find that some of your modules need replacing before you can code the car properly, also, I think all cars from March 07 came with the most bus cables installed, whether there is any most equipment in your car or not.
If your car does not have the most network forget it.

All cars from March 07 can be fitted whatever, so that is probably why they have said for cars from March 07 only, just easier.


Now the other thing is you must have an MULF2 HI module, this is the USB unit and is not included in the retrofit kit.
The MULF2 is bluetooth, voice and USB.
If you car has bluetooth and voice but no professional nav (business nav is different) you will have this module in your car and the retrofit is 230, you will get a harness, usb hub, cables and USB/aux socket for that price.

If you have professional nav then you will not have this MULF2 HI module, you will have the MULF, this is because voice is built into the nav so the more expensive bluetooth module was not needed.

The price of this is around 580+vat, but on ebay.de for sub 200 all the time, grab them before the price rockets.



I would buy the kit, install it yourself, it is actually really easy and comes with step by step instructions and then get a local independent garage to add the 6FL option to your vehicle order, anyone with autologic can add it and most will charge you 1 hour at most, but you may have to leave your car overnight as other modules will have to be updated first.

Hope that helps a bit?
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 02:34 PM   #34
gIzzE
Brigadier General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (2)

MOST devices are....

DAB
Bluetooth
CD Changer (with professional radio)
Business Nav
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 03:01 PM   #35
Dave_3
Colonel
 
Dave_3's Avatar
 
Drives: F32 430D sDrive Msport
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: CH / SCO

Posts: 2,640
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Rightio .....

Looks like this will be a possibilty on my car.



D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
MOST devices are....

DAB
Bluetooth
CD Changer (with professional radio)
Business Nav
__________________
Escort Mk1 RS2000 (2.1 2x44IDFS, BVH, Kent FR32, 5spd, 180 BHP) : Fully Loaded F32 430D M Sport sDrive : Previously Full-Spec 335D E92 2006 : Capri MK1 full rebuild in progress

Dave_3 is online now   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 05:31 PM   #36
hmi1750
Major
 
hmi1750's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London, UK

Posts: 1,125
iTrader: (0)

damn, too expensive, my car is 06, no bluetooth... guess I will stick with the AUX input any my blackberry for now.
hmi1750 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 11:03 PM   #37
SoYank
Major General
 
SoYank's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 335i MT
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Brighton, Colorado

Posts: 7,460
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Send a message via Yahoo to SoYank Send a message via Skype™ to SoYank
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Now the other thing is you must have an MULF2 HI module, this is the USB unit and is not included in the retrofit kit.
The MULF2 is bluetooth, voice and USB.
If you car has bluetooth and voice but no professional nav (business nav is different) you will have this module in your car and the retrofit is 230, you will get a harness, usb hub, cables and USB/aux socket for that price.

If you have professional nav then you will not have this MULF2 HI module, you will have the MULF, this is because voice is built into the nav so the more expensive bluetooth module was not needed.

The price of this is around 580+vat, but on ebay.de for sub 200 all the time, grab them before the price rockets.

<<SNIP>>

Hope that helps a bit?
So, if you have Bluetooth AND Professional Nav this retrofit won't work?
__________________
2009 E90 335i Montego Blue Black Leather Burl Walnut 6MT US Spec
SatNav ZPP ZCW 6FL TPMS iDrive PDC HWS Xenons BMW Assist Power Rear Sunshade Logic 7
European Taillights Rear Foglamp OEM Alarm PicoTray DataToys XM-DVR Multi-view Processor
Quaife ATB LSD Short Shift Knob Hartge Anti-Roll Bars AP Racing Front Brakes 19" Style 269
SoYank is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-26-2008, 11:39 PM   #38
gIzzE
Brigadier General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (2)

You will need to also buy the MULF2 HI, although some cars have come with this already, probably more because of stock levels on the MULF ran out more than anything else.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #39
mistry
Captain
 
mistry's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 530D
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: South West

Posts: 820
iTrader: (1)

is there an easy way to check if you have the MULF2 HI?
mistry is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2008, 03:23 AM   #40
gIzzE
Brigadier General
 
gIzzE's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 cdi Estate.
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Norfolk, UK.

Posts: 4,996
iTrader: (2)

Look at it, if you lift the boot floor up, undo the couple of studs that hold the wheel well in and then lift the back up and post a pic.
gIzzE is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-27-2008, 06:46 AM   #41
MOB
Major
 
MOB's Avatar
 
Drives: Alpine White 118d M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Rushden UK

Posts: 1,348
iTrader: (4)

lol @ MULF
__________________
MOB is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2008, 06:16 AM   #42
330cdsport
Right Responsible
 
330cdsport's Avatar
 
Drives: AW F21 M135i
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: N. Ireland

Posts: 1,640
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Look at it, if you lift the boot floor up, undo the couple of studs that hold the wheel well in and then lift the back up and post a pic.
Be careful not to fall into the boot while checking out the MULF!!

Don't want to be caught MULF diving in public!
__________________
Last: 330cd Sport - Silver Grey, 335d M Sport Coupe, F10 535d M Sport.
Current: AW F21 M135i, Coral Red, Pro Nav, Vis, HK, & Clunky Adaptive Suspension
Current: X5 XDrive 35d M Sport - Black Sapphire, lots of toys.
330cdsport is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2008, 06:19 AM   #43
NFS
Major General
 
NFS's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i m-sport LCI
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

Posts: 9,214
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330cdsport View Post
Be careful not to fall into the boot while checking out the MULF!!

Don't want to be caught MULF diving in public!
What are the key differences betweek a MILF and a MULF?
__________________
NFS is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      09-29-2008, 07:27 AM   #44
CrimsonRedE93
Major
 
CrimsonRedE93's Avatar
 
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: West Sussex

Posts: 1,085
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
What are the key differences betweek a MILF and a MULF?
It's the same but just the third person perspective isn't it? you'd rather than I'd

Or is it a MILF that hides in your boot
CrimsonRedE93 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST