E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Lowering my 328 xdrive (w/ pictures)

06-07-2014, 09:38 PM   #1
billypopo

Drives: Bmw 328xi 2010; alpine white

Lowering my 328 xdrive (w/ pictures)

Hi guys,

Just bought a new set of VMR V710 and I tought I would'nt drop it, well..took a week and I would like to drop it now...

However, where I live there's alot of snow in the winter and I'm not sure if lowering it is a good idea...for people who lives where there's snow, what's your ride height ? (I measured the distance from the ground to the little mud guard on the front wheels and mine sits at approx. 110 mm and the bumper itself at roughly 150 mm.

And also, I guess it will void the warranty ?

Thanks for your help !!

and here are pictures of my car just so you see why I need the drop...

06-07-2014, 11:00 PM   #2
Vreimann
Private First Class

Drives: 2011 335D M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypopo View Post
Hi guys,

Just bought a new set of VMR V710 and I tought I would'nt drop it, well..took a week and I would like to drop it now...

However, where I live there's alot of snow in the winter and I'm not sure if lowering it is a good idea...for people who lives where there's snow, what's your ride height ? (I measured the distance from the ground to the little mud guard on the front wheels and mine sits at approx. 110 mm and the bumper itself at roughly 150 mm.

And also, I guess it will void the warranty ?

Thanks for your help !!

and here are pictures of my car just so you see why I need the drop...

My wife drives the 328XI and we leave it at stock height. My 335D scrapes far too much in heavy snowed unplowed roads. When the snow starts to be a problem. I drive her car.

If you do drop it, make sure to get a set of coil overs that can maintain near factory ride height so you can go back and forth.

I used to have a car with coil overs where I raised and lowered the car from summer to winter and I just made sure the car was aligned for the summer height.

Not sure if this helps, but I have toyed with ride height and winter for far too many years.