E90Post

N54Tuning.com

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Coolant Light Came on then went off?!?

05-21-2015, 10:40 AM   #1
MikeE90NC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Coolant Light Came on then went off?!?

This morning, my g/f was sitting in my 335i waiting on me to get in the car... she put the fob in and only the radio was running. A few minutes later I hop in the car and start it up only to see the coolant level light on! I cut the car off and a minute or 2 later I cut it back on and no coolant light or anything!

I had my water pump replaced only a few months ago so coolant shouldnt be of any issue. Has anyone had this happen to them? I don't like unexpected surprises lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:06 AM   #2
blackturbo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 335i

Check the level of coolant and see what the reading is from the float stick, on a cold engine of course. Check for visible leaks on hoses and around the oil filter housing gasket. Any white residue is a sign of dried coolant.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
firemanjust1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi jb4/03 350z

Probably just need to top it off. I have had several errors happen once then never again ex seat mat sensor, I would check when engine is cool and top it off with the right oem coolant it is probably just a little low. Fill it until the float pops all the way up, then just keep an eye on it.
Appreciate 0