E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > CP-E Quality Question

09-30-2008, 03:35 PM   #1
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

CP-E Quality Question

I've been doing research for awhile now on exhaust systems for my E90 335i. I have narrowed it down to maybe 3 or 4 systems, cp-e being one of them. I have never heard of this company before this message board, but Iím not a huge car buff so that could be why. How is the quality of their product?

Before my 335, I had a 2000 v6 camaro. At around 20k miles, I put on a magnaflow muffler (cost around $250). At about 60k, I had to replace it because it started to sound like shit. I got another brand, cant remember the name tho, and it lasted around 40k miles too before it started to go bad. Spending $250 bucks every 40k miles isnít bad, but I donít want to spend $1300 every 40k.

Does Custom Performance Engineering make quality products? Will it hold up for the life of the car?

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 05:20 PM   #2
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep

Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to BoostedBMW
I obviously can't comment on the longevity of CP-E's exhaust as I haven't had it on my car for anywhere near 40k, but what I can tell you is that if anything did go wrong down the road I would just give the guys at CP-E a call and I'm sure they would take care of the problem to keep me a satisfied customer. I have nothing but great things to say about their company, and I can tell you without any reservations that they are great people to deal with.

Before buying my 335i I had never heard of CP-E either, which makes sense because they are a relatively small company that has mostly developed products for Mazdas before coming to the BMW market. I have purchased many different brands of exhausts for several different cars over the years and I can say that this exhaust is just as good, if not better, as far as quality goes compared to any other fully stainless system that I have purchased before from a large manufacturer (ie. Eisenmann, Fujitsubo, HKS, Greddy, Apexi, Invidia, etc).

Also, when I bought my CP-E exhaust I was one of their first customers with a coupe to purchase it, and it turned out that the E92 is around 2" longer than the E90 that the exhaust was designed on so my tips were too short. As soon as I contacted Josh and Jordan at CP-E they told me to give them some measurements and they then sent me out their new revised Xpipe without any questions asked to replace my original.

Basically, they build quality products and offer excellent customer service so if you do run into a problem they will take care of you.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
jam0321
I do screenprinting and embroiderry
United_States
Rep

Drives: e92 M3

Send a message via AIM to jam0321
I was fortunate enough to have an opportunity to visit the shop and get to meet Jordan and a few others @ CP-E and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about them. Their build quality on all their products is top notch. They also have a serious committment to customer service so should you encounter any issues i'm sure they will handle it respectfully. When I visited the shop this summer it was a Saturday during their off hours and they were working on to customer cars and correcting some issues they had.
Hope this helps

www.specopsoutfitters.com
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 06:06 PM   #4
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
Rep

Drives: Project Estoril

Garage List
i've had my cp-e exhaust for alteast 10k miles now and absolutely no issues... i still love it and get compliments all the time on how good it looks and sounds
      09-30-2008, 08:26 PM   #5
dadasracecar
Banned
Rep

Drives: '06 Mazdaspeed6

Off hours doesn't exist at cp-e. They were there from 5:00 am to 2:00 am last Saturday and from 8:00 am to 1:00 am Sunday installing a new CNC machine. It's ridiculous the amount of time they're working.

As for the exhaust, it's 100% 304 stainless steel and made in house. They have CNC fixtures and the tolerances are 0.030" (insane) for production so fitment is not an issue at all. The resonators are hand tigged by Thermal. The system is in a word, badass.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #6
cn555ic
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: Bimmerscoding.com

Send a message via Yahoo to cn555ic
I have to say that I only know of one member who is has since installed their CPE exhuast, is selling it!!! THe OP is selling it not because he doesn't like it, but wanted to experiment with another exhaust....I have it installed for over a year now, and it has been by far one of my favorite mods on my car....At first I was kind of scared to buy this exhaust because its not a really known brand and I didn't know much of the company, but through research and hearing other members opinions, I went ahead and could not be happier! Sound is awesome and NO drone at any RPMs for me and I have a 6AT!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #7
Makushr1
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 335i Sedan Auto

Awesome! Thanks everyone for your input. Now if only my xmas bonus would come a little quicker so I can get it...

To Do (Cosmetic): Black Line lights, Lux 4.0 Angel Eyes, 19" CSL HyperBlack
To Do (Performance): Exhaust (still undecided which brand), SSTT, FMIC (unsure what type)
Appreciate 0