E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Which angel eyes to get for 2008 335i e90 sedan



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-04-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Which angel eyes to get for 2008 335i e90 sedan

Im a brand new owner of a 3 series and just joined this forum and i already love it to death.Im looking on **********s.com and there are several different companys that make the angel eyes for my car and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them? Which one sucks and interferes with your fm signals and which ones is recommended for my 08 e90 sedan. thanks for any feedback. I see these:
1. angel ibright v3.0 oem - 349.00
2.B.L.U./X5 Super Hyper White LED bulb for BMW - 199.95
3.PIAA High Intensity LED Angel Eye Upgrade -144.95
4.Umnitza's Predator ICE OE Angel Eyes Upgrade - 129.00
5.X5 Lightning LED Angel Eye Upgrade for BMW E53/E6X/E87/E90 - 108.95

Last edited by quicksilver335i; 10-04-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: change descrition
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

bump anyone had experience in buying one of those off **********? lol
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
buy lux
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
EZ_TUR90
Ez tur90
EZ_TUR90's Avatar
Armenia
57
Rep
3,110
Posts

 
Drives: E90 & E92
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: San Francisco

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by just4kickz View Post
buy lux
+1
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 07:26 PM   #5
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
262
Rep
17,021
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
I would go with the MyCarr ICE OE Angel Eye Upgrade Kit which is the same as the Predator ICE. This is a direct replacement module for your stock units that's truly plug and play and does not cause errors. We have worked with the MyCarr kit for a few years now and I personally think it's the best combo in terms of color, ease of install and value.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #6
Blue Streak
Gunny
Blue Streak's Avatar
United_States
6
Rep
612
Posts

 
Drives: '07 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: San Diego, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E90 335i  [4.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
I would go with the MyCarr ICE OE Angel Eye Upgrade Kit which is the same as the Predator ICE. This is a direct replacement module for your stock units that's truly plug and play and does not cause errors. We have worked with the MyCarr kit for a few years now and I personally think it's the best combo in terms of color, ease of install and value.

I've got the MyCarr ICE (Predator ICE) LED angel eye lights. I really like them a lot because they are 7000k, very white compared to the yellow stock lights. They just aren't very bright during the day as compared to the E92 daytime running light halogen bulb angel eyes. I don't care that they're not so bright anyway. I think they're perfect for my car.
__________________
2007 E90 335i 6MT, ZSP, Nav, PDC, CA, Montego Blue, Terra Dakota leather, CDV, clutch-stop, E46 M Shift Knob, Logic HVI, JB4 PnP, E85/CA-91 oct 50/50 fuel on map-5, MS 3" downpipes, RE 12mm(f)/BMS 15mm(r) spacers, Blacklines, LUX 5.0, DAEOS (Vista) harness, GP Thunder 7500k fogs, 35% sides-20% rear tint, matt black kidney grill, matt black 335i trunk badge
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2008, 11:18 PM   #7
BMW MotorSport
Banned
39
Rep
2,533
Posts

 
Drives: 95 Avus M3 and 07 E90 Fam Car!
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: So Cal, Simi Valley

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via Yahoo to BMW MotorSport
I like those angel eyes, nice and bright.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #8
SV Concepts
SV Concepts's Avatar
United_States
171
Rep
5,869
Posts

 
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 1460 White Oaks Rd. Suite F. Campbell, CA 95008

iTrader: (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Streak View Post
I've got the MyCarr ICE (Predator ICE) LED angel eye lights. I really like them a lot because they are 7000k, very white compared to the yellow stock lights. They just aren't very bright during the day as compared to the E92 daytime running light halogen bulb angel eyes. I don't care that they're not so bright anyway. I think they're perfect for my car.
So glad you're happy with them!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2008, 02:12 AM   #9
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

i also heard from one of my 335i friends that they burn out easier or i mean they have a shorter life span instead of being 100,000 hours like they say for most of the angel eye set ups ..is that true?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2008, 02:28 AM   #10
just4kickz
boku no namae ha...
United_States
134
Rep
11,038
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BS 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: S. Bay Area, CA + Newark, NJ + ChiCity + True Blue

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [0.00]
what? no... just dont touch the bulb and you'll be fine.
__________________
looking for a PreLCI Black Sapphire e90 front bumper without license plate holes

"Akimbo shotguns. Broken wrists anyone? And don't give me that 'it's just a game' bull****. Where the **** are my akimbo interventions then?! One scope on each eye mother****er!!"
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:40 AM   #11
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

what are the lux's anyways? sorry im still learning stuff
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:34 AM   #12
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
262
Rep
17,021
Posts

 
Drives: BMW Duh
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Santa Clara

iTrader: (13)

Send a message via AIM to SV Concepts III
Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver335i View Post
i also heard from one of my 335i friends that they burn out easier or i mean they have a shorter life span instead of being 100,000 hours like they say for most of the angel eye set ups ..is that true?
An LED is a lifetime bulb that will outlast the life of your car so you should never have an issue. We also offer a warranty on these in case one does prematurely burn out.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #13
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

where can i order some lux's ?
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 01:45 PM   #14
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
ntpcrew13's Avatar
Philippines
22
Rep
1,598
Posts

 
Drives: Arctic e90 330i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: chicago,il (mokena)

iTrader: (29)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ntpcrew13
check the for sale forum or wait until mds82 makes lux 6.0. i have had lux 2.0 an lux5.0 upgrade on mine and they are great. ive installed it on 4 different cars in the area and his instructions are pretty easy to follow.
__________________
......support your local vendors. view my garage for a list of mods.

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
316
Rep
13,593
Posts

 
Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631

iTrader: (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver335i View Post
Im a brand new owner of a 3 series and just joined this forum and i already love it to death.Im looking on **********s.com and there are several different companys that make the angel eyes for my car and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with any of them? Which one sucks and interferes with your fm signals and which ones is recommended for my 08 e90 sedan. thanks for any feedback. I see these:
1. angel ibright v3.0 oem - 349.00
2.B.L.U./X5 Super Hyper White LED bulb for BMW - 199.95
3.PIAA High Intensity LED Angel Eye Upgrade -144.95
4.Umnitza's Predator ICE OE Angel Eyes Upgrade - 129.00
5.X5 Lightning LED Angel Eye Upgrade for BMW E53/E6X/E87/E90 - 108.95
Hello there,
We've had great reviews on the X5 Lightning LED Angel Eye upgrade for BMW E90. It's inexpensive, bright, and eye-catching. If you want something that will outshine the majority, you want to go with the angelibright v3.0. Those are definitely going to make you smile once you see your car with those on. Each unit has their own unique element, but it really depends on what you're looking for. Feel free to PM me at anytime and I will be glad to help you out with any questions you have.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 11:34 PM   #16
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
check the for sale forum or wait until mds82 makes lux 6.0. i have had lux 2.0 an lux5.0 upgrade on mine and they are great. ive installed it on 4 different cars in the area and his instructions are pretty easy to follow.
maybe im literally blind but i dont see where to buy the lux 5.0's i did a search in the sales forum but didnt see it? did i miss something ?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:22 AM   #17
E92-Lighting
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
E92-Lighting's Avatar
United_States
424
Rep
27,017
Posts


 
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Walnut

iTrader: (319)

Send a message via AIM to E92-Lighting Send a message via MSN to E92-Lighting Send a message via Yahoo to E92-Lighting Send a message via Skype™ to E92-Lighting
here is a possible solution for your car e90 sedan, these have been tested many times with no errors



angel eye e90
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:29 AM   #18
HighVoltage
.
HighVoltage's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
867
Posts

 
Drives: 07 E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: .

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicksilver335i View Post
maybe im literally blind but i dont see where to buy the lux 5.0's i did a search in the sales forum but didnt see it? did i miss something ?
You are not blind. I dont know why people throw that out there without thinking about this but right now you cant buy lux new from anywhere. You either have to wait for the next version or buy used...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:36 AM   #19
Mustafa
Drives on the Bavarian Lane
Mustafa's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
115
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 2008 e90 335xi
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Montreal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicwoot.com View Post
here is a possible solution for your car e90 sedan, these have been tested many times with no errors



angel eye e90
Whats the install procedure like for this? And will these giveme the same results as LUX?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:17 PM   #20
quicksilver335i
Private
2
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: silver 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
You are not blind. I dont know why people throw that out there without thinking about this but right now you cant buy lux new from anywhere. You either have to wait for the next version or buy used...
thanks high voltage [= good looks, i guess i'll wait for the lux 6.0's then [= no need to rush, i can upgrade other things first , while waiting for those hehehe
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:31 PM   #21
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
7,381
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

iTrader: (12)

LUX 4.0


__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:38 PM   #22
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
Kev's Avatar
Hong Kong
180
Rep
8,815
Posts

 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTuReB0Y View Post
LUX 4.0


Another vote for Lux 4/5
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST