E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Add A2DP Stereo Bluetooth to E90 via AUX Port



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-23-2012, 05:46 PM   #67
Bruthah
New Member
 
Drives: '07 E91 328xiT
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: CA

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Chalk up another point for the Belkin Aircast. Mounted the button/microphone just in front of the armrest, and it's second nature to 'pair' it with phone by pushing the button.
Bruthah is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      02-24-2012, 06:22 PM   #68
srohang1
Private
 
Drives: E90 2006 325i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MN

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

belkin aircast

ok guys,

i bought the proclip dash mount for like $32, call and ask for the best price and they shud give you 10% off. i couldnt justify paying another $30 for a frekin holder for my ipod so instead used my brain... on ebay i bought a Swivel Holster Belt Clip for my Apple Ipod Touch and broke off the swivel clip and sanded it smooth. i put velcro on that and the mount and it holds excellent. plus you can put whatever else you want on there with velcro. i think it looks great for what it is.

the emergency brake bag covering comes out if you pull up and towards the rear of the car. you can pass thru the belkin aircast thru the rubber container thing on the bottom of the center console.

i originally had the aircast button somewhere near that red circle in the last picture, but the adhesive did not last long and it kept falling off. i actually loved this position the best and the wire can be tucked up the side of the center console trim. there was about 3 inches of wire visible vertically, but that was it. i will try again to find something that will stick that area but not damage the surface of the trim. where it is now still works great.

i know some members put their aircast right in front of the center console, but i really didnt want wires around there. have fun be creative and find a place that suits your needs.

all in all, great product for those without OEM bluetooth.
Attached Images
         
srohang1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      02-25-2012, 01:51 AM   #69
TwinT1addict
Major
 
TwinT1addict's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 135i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stamford, CT

Posts: 1,467
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2008 135i  [3.50]
Send a message via AIM to TwinT1addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by srohang1 View Post
ok guys,

i bought the proclip dash mount for like $32, call and ask for the best price and they shud give you 10% off. i couldnt justify paying another $30 for a frekin holder for my ipod so instead used my brain... on ebay i bought a Swivel Holster Belt Clip for my Apple Ipod Touch and broke off the swivel clip and sanded it smooth. i put velcro on that and the mount and it holds excellent. plus you can put whatever else you want on there with velcro. i think it looks great for what it is.

the emergency brake bag covering comes out if you pull up and towards the rear of the car. you can pass thru the belkin aircast thru the rubber container thing on the bottom of the center console.

i originally had the aircast button somewhere near that red circle in the last picture, but the adhesive did not last long and it kept falling off. i actually loved this position the best and the wire can be tucked up the side of the center console trim. there was about 3 inches of wire visible vertically, but that was it. i will try again to find something that will stick that area but not damage the surface of the trim. where it is now still works great.

i know some members put their aircast right in front of the center console, but i really didnt want wires around there. have fun be creative and find a place that suits your needs.

all in all, great product for those without OEM bluetooth.
Looks good man. Was thinking of purchasing this since it looks like the best for non idrive guys like myself. I just cant seam to find a great place to put this thing that would look clean. Maybe route it to the ashtry. If anyone has some places put it out there for us.
TwinT1addict is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-03-2012, 08:17 PM   #70
triguis
2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
 
Drives: 2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

One comment about the belkin unit that I experienced.
The sound wasn't as nice as I thought so I returned and instead got a JVL Bluetooth unit sold at best buy or amazon (cheaper) JVC KS-BTA100 wich is made for the jvl head unit but works just fine in my 08 335i using the aux port. I also had to hard wire to the cigarrete lighter conector as it doesnt come with the adaptor. The sound with this unit is a lot better from my experience but still not the same as if you where to just plug in your ipod, iphone, mp3. other plus is the controls works perfect with my iphone 4s it fast forward skips songs and pause, It also has the ability to make and receive call but i don't use it as i have bluetooth with the car.
triguis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 01:34 AM   #71
srohang1
Private
 
Drives: E90 2006 325i
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: MN

Posts: 92
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguis View Post
One comment about the belkin unit that I experienced.
The sound wasn't as nice as I thought so I returned and instead got a JVL Bluetooth unit sold at best buy or amazon (cheaper) JVC KS-BTA100 wich is made for the jvl head unit but works just fine in my 08 335i using the aux port. I also had to hard wire to the cigarrete lighter conector as it doesnt come with the adaptor. The sound with this unit is a lot better from my experience but still not the same as if you where to just plug in your ipod, iphone, mp3. other plus is the controls works perfect with my iphone 4s it fast forward skips songs and pause, It also has the ability to make and receive call but i don't use it as i have bluetooth with the car.
sounds great. does it automatically connect to your device, or how do you connect?
srohang1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 08:32 AM   #72
PaddyMcGrath
Rollin' Coal
 
PaddyMcGrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 320D M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland

Posts: 170
iTrader: (0)

Another +1 for the Blackberry Gateway ...





(plus a Sony Bluetooth Adapter for iPod)
__________________
http://www.pmcgphotos.com/
2006 E90 M Sport | BSM | KW Variant 1 | BMW Performance | Style 95 | SSDD Motorsport | M Style | Kenwood | Lightwerkz | Hartge Japan
PaddyMcGrath is offline   Ireland
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 11:43 AM   #73
triguis
2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
 
Drives: 2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srohang1 View Post
sounds great. does it automatically connect to your device, or how do you connect?
yes you will have to pair it with you device first then every time you get in the car it automaticly connects so all you have to do is hit the play button and then viola. Very straight forward. I'll get some pictures latter of my install so you can see how it looks.
here are some pictures of what it looks like.
Name:  IMG_0615.jpg
Views: 2926
Size:  135.5 KBName:  IMG_0618.jpg
Views: 2629
Size:  84.8 KB
Here you can see how I tucked the cable under so it looks cleanName:  IMG_0619.jpg
Views: 2606
Size:  44.8 KB

Last edited by triguis; 03-05-2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: added pics
triguis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      03-05-2012, 02:35 PM   #74
x-ception
Captain
 
x-ception's Avatar
 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY/NJ

Posts: 936
iTrader: (13)

Belkin aircast doesn't sound as good as BB gateway, love the features but sound quality is pretty bad so I reverted back to BB gateway.

Belkin Aircast for sale:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...5#post11495925
__________________
COBB |DINAN CAI|AA FMIC|VK|OSS| Arkym

COTM Pics Here

Last edited by x-ception; 03-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.
x-ception is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #75
cethegus
Registered
 
Drives: E90 320D
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Wiring for the JVC KS-BTA100

Quote:
Originally Posted by triguis View Post
One comment about the belkin unit that I experienced.
The sound wasn't as nice as I thought so I returned and instead got a JVL Bluetooth unit sold at best buy or amazon (cheaper) JVC KS-BTA100 wich is made for the jvl head unit but works just fine in my 08 335i using the aux port. I also had to hard wire to the cigarrete lighter conector as it doesnt come with the adaptor. The sound with this unit is a lot better from my experience but still not the same as if you where to just plug in your ipod, iphone, mp3. other plus is the controls works perfect with my iphone 4s it fast forward skips songs and pause, It also has the ability to make and receive call but i don't use it as i have bluetooth with the car.
I have also bought the JVC KS-BTA100 and would like to know how you set up the wiring (blue & brown wire on the adapter)?
cethegus is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #76
triguis
2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
 
Drives: 2011 M3/AW/6MT/ZCP/CF
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maryland

Posts: 51
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cethegus View Post
I have also bought the JVC KS-BTA100 and would like to know how you set up the wiring (blue & brown wire on the adapter)?
can't remmember which color goes where but I know there was 3 separate cables and one of them is used for the stock jbl headunit so you don't need that one just wrap it around with tape and use the remaining two (+ and -)
triguis is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2012, 12:18 PM   #77
cethegus
Registered
 
Drives: E90 320D
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Munich

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Thanks. The black cable is the ground cable, the blue cable is for + and the brown cable is actually the mute line which would be used if the device was used on the JVC headunit.
I got all set up now and I must say it works great. Thanks for the advice for getting the KS-BTA100.
cethegus is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      05-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #78
superjay
Resident Car Audio Guru
 
superjay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E93 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

http://www.amazon.com/Miccus-BluBrid...pd_sim_sbs_e_2

this is what you're looking for.
__________________
Jay Kent
Sales and Tech at Nav-TV
954-323-1010x103
jay@navtv.com
superjay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
GetSomeE92
Major
 
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (7)

I was looking to get the BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway and can't find one for a reasonable price; they appeared to have been discontinued and the only ones I find seem to be around $100 now. Did a little more searching and RIM is coming out with a newer version this June at a price of $50. Hope it works as good as the older version.
GetSomeE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 01:50 AM   #80
itlynstalyn
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 335I Convertible
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 179
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjay View Post
Have you used this? Does it work well?
itlynstalyn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #81
Hasek9339
Lieutenant
 
Hasek9339's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 328i Montego Blue
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Buffalo NY

Posts: 520
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjay
I've got this and it works pretty damn good! It's small, battery last for a long time and the sound quality is pretty darn good! I have it with my iPhone 4s and I love listening to the Pandora house music station it's almost like having a better audio quality BPM station from XM!
Hasek9339 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-23-2012, 09:50 PM   #82
SpunkyXL
Second Lieutenant
 
SpunkyXL's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 254
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 View Post
I was looking to get the BlackBerry Remote Stereo Gateway and can't find one for a reasonable price; they appeared to have been discontinued and the only ones I find seem to be around $100 now. Did a little more searching and RIM is coming out with a newer version this June at a price of $50. Hope it works as good as the older version.
Link to article?
SpunkyXL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 12:59 PM   #83
GetSomeE92
Major
 
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Miami, FL

Posts: 1,043
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpunkyXL View Post
Link to article?
New Gateway

and also:

New BB Gateway
GetSomeE92 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-24-2012, 03:01 PM   #84
SpunkyXL
Second Lieutenant
 
SpunkyXL's Avatar
 
Drives: 07' 335i Coupe
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: NYC

Posts: 254
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSomeE92 View Post
I like the older look better..Hope it has auto pairing when powered on
SpunkyXL is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 03:14 AM   #85
Sample
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

Posts: 88
iTrader: (6)

I just received the Sound Fly Bluetooth that was mentioned in this thread and will be returning it. The FM transmitter makes a whining sound and when I tried to use it with the aux input the volume is too low....verrrrrry low. It does fit in the center console though.
Sample is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2012, 02:05 PM   #86
superjay
Resident Car Audio Guru
 
superjay's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 E93 335i
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Coral Springs, FL

Posts: 597
iTrader: (0)

turn up the volume on your phone. The whine is probably caused by charging the phone at the same time.

But look into the BluBridge. People seem to be very happy with it
__________________
Jay Kent
Sales and Tech at Nav-TV
954-323-1010x103
jay@navtv.com
superjay is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #87
Blackhawk55
Private
 
Drives: 2012 335is Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States- Chicago

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Just implemented the BB Gateway. It certainly connects to my device's bluetooth more reliably then the car itself ever has which is a plus. I notice the aux quality to not be on par with direct BT or prior USB attempts and had to turn down the bass a bit to kill distortion. The Gateway is powered via the center console USB so seems to get power when the car goes on but we still have to press the button to connect or Connect via the device? Hence the pix of mounting the gateway within easy reach, correct?
Blackhawk55 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-01-2012, 07:27 PM   #88
Sample
Private
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US

Posts: 88
iTrader: (6)

The new version of the blackberry gateway is for sale at shopblackberry.com $49.99 + $5.00 shipping.
Sample is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST