E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 335i E90 JB3 1/4 mile: 12.218 ET, @ 114.909MPH



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-06-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
AndreyATC
The Rocket
United_States
21

 
AndreyATC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X6M
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Near NYC


Posts: 1,530
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
335i E90 JB3 1/4 mile: 12.218 ET, @ 114.909MPH

Damn!!!
That's pretty good time/speed
Stock FMIC too
I wonder if it's someone from here

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-16534.html

P.S. Decent 60' time on MT
__________________
2012 X6M AW/Silverstone II Full Leather/Driver Assistance/HUD/Active ventilated seat/Rear Climate/Cold Weather/Premium Sound/BMW Apps/Soft Close/Side-top-rear Cams/Comfort Seats/3 Seats/Keyless
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 05:09 PM   #2
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
81

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: ......


Posts: 6,608
iTrader: (4)

Very nice!
__________________
I install all tunes, intakes, o2 simms, and most cosmetic mods. PM me for a quote.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
153

 
1clean335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Project Estoril
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Florida


Posts: 6,753
iTrader: (30)

Garage List
They're laughing at him... lolz
__________________
'13 Estoril Blue 335i M-sport
*Don't PM me!* Message me here- http://www.facebook.com/ProjectEstoril
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
SLV335I
First Lieutenant
3

 
SLV335I's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 335I 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Park Ridge IL


Posts: 367
iTrader: (0)

He is on Drag Radials. Still a great tiime and MPH.
__________________
2008 335i E92 6MT (BB Flash)
2007 335I JB+,UR Intake, 6MT (Sold)
2003 350Z Turbo (Dead)
1994 Supra TT (Sold)
1994 RX7 TT (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 05:48 PM   #5
M.A.C.K.
Banned
34

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LI, NY


Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (0)

Anyone speak french, isnt that what they speak in Quebec?? What are they saying in the video on dragtimes??
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:00 PM   #6
Clem
Major
16

 
Clem's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 AW/FR ESS VT2
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: MD


Posts: 1,230
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to Clem
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1clean335i View Post
They're laughing at him... lolz
No, they're laughing with him. That's fast!
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
22

 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC


Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

I'm from Quebec, I don't speak french though. Anyway at 40-50F ambient we've been having here lately and considering that Napierville dragway goes quite steeply DOWNHILL, those times are surely possible with 97oct. and DR's.

Video: http://fr.youtube.com/realfucky
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
696

 
Drives: X1, 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SF Bay, CA


Posts: 17,616
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
I'm from Quebec, I don't speak french though. Anyway at 40-50F ambient we've been having here lately and considering that Napierville dragway goes quite steeply DOWNHILL, those times are surely possible with DR's.
I think it's also the same track that a SSTT ran a 110 or 111mph. Pretty fast track for sure. Darn good 60' time though.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 06:16 PM   #9
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
22

 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC


Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I think it's also the same track that a SSTT ran a 110 or 111mph. Pretty fast track for sure. Darn good 60' time though.
Possibly, not sure. This track known for it's "great times".
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 08:52 PM   #10
Sniz
Lieutenant General
184

 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD


Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

well done, I want to run my car there!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #11
De90man
First Lieutenant
5

 
Drives: F30 335i Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles


Posts: 350
iTrader: (1)

6MT too!...um, wow...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:03 PM   #12
1clean335i
Perf BMW mag issue 147, 159
Vietnam
153

 
1clean335i's Avatar
 
Drives: Project Estoril
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Central Florida


Posts: 6,753
iTrader: (30)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clem View Post
No, they're laughing with him. That's fast!
I know.. I was just joking...
__________________
'13 Estoril Blue 335i M-sport
*Don't PM me!* Message me here- http://www.facebook.com/ProjectEstoril
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:40 PM   #13
sflgator
Major General
81

 
sflgator's Avatar
 
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: U.S.


Posts: 5,389
iTrader: (1)

Saw that on DragTimes.com. Great ET and Trap, but again, you've got to figure that running on DRs (and getting such a great launch and 60ft.) and race gas will help yield a better ET by ~ 0.3-0.5 sec. ET and + ~1-3mph on the Trap Speed.
__________________

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:50 PM   #14
M.A.C.K.
Banned
34

 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: LI, NY


Posts: 2,907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflgator View Post
Saw that on DragTimes.com. Great ET and Trap, but again, you've got to figure that running on DRs (and getting such a great launch and 60ft.) and race gas will help yield a better ET by ~ 0.3-0.5 sec. ET and + ~1-3mph on the Trap Speed.
I think ur answer would have been different if this thread was related to your tune.

I have Jb3 1.1V, RR catless DP's, Code 3 Spreaco FMIC, AFE dual cone intake and any time I am racing its with str8 100 octane........haven't taken my car to the track yet, but beat alot of fast cars on the street in legit setup street races on a closed course, if you want go on N54tech.com and check out my kill stories under the name LYLE LUKAS.......

Just give this guy credit where it is due!! Show some and stop underminding his accomplishment.....
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 09:51 PM   #15
Driver72
Brigadier General
106

 
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California


Posts: 4,485
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG View Post
I'm from Quebec, I don't speak french though. Anyway at 40-50F ambient we've been having here lately and considering that Napierville dragway goes quite steeply DOWNHILL, those times are surely possible with 97oct. and DR's.

Video: http://fr.youtube.com/realfucky

Very nice time he got.
Based on your comments of 40-50 degree temps and a track that runs downhill (which though not perfect Google Earth does in fact show that it does run downhill), I'd think the times are easily attainable then.
With the mods he has (and on DR's) I'd think low to mid 12's at 113+ mph are what one would expect on a good track anyway.

What I find interesting is he posted the temps were 73 degrees out and therefore a DA of 1026 feet.
You posted that you've had 40-50 degree weather.
I checked the weather service and indeed you are correct.
The HIGH temp on the day he did the run was 52 degrees.
Far colder than what he claimed (which would therefore make the DA much closer to sea level than his claimed as well).

Either way, it's a nice time and trap.

**On a side note, wish DragTimes would list the date the record was FIRST posted, AND then the last date it was "modified".
Would help in other posts verifying the temps people claim on the day they actually did the run based on when they made their original post.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 10:38 PM   #16
maui86
Captain
United_States
10

 
Drives: 07 335i
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: paradise


Posts: 739
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to maui86 Send a message via Skype™ to maui86
props to the guy!!! great 60ft and it seems like he did a nice burnout off the line too(unless thats the other guys tire noise). regardless if its on DR or high octane, jb3 or v3 at least we know with THIS set up and conditions what to expect given driver is any good, no? im glad there are a mix of setups running because we all know people wont be racing under the exact same conditions and mods so times will vary. again...great job!

teri
__________________
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/s...rays_37268.htm

gotta do what i gotta do to get them donuts
04 spec-v: rip dec07
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 10:55 PM   #17
normtrum
Colonel
27

 
normtrum's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i, e46 330i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: PNW


Posts: 2,227
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C.K. View Post
I think ur answer would have been different if this thread was related to your tune.

I have Jb3 1.1V, RR catless DP's, Code 3 Spreaco FMIC, AFE dual cone intake and any time I am racing its with str8 100 octane........haven't taken my car to the track yet, but beat alot of fast cars on the street in legit setup street races on a closed course, if you want go on N54tech.com and check out my kill stories under the name LYLE LUKAS.......

Just give this guy credit where it is due!! Show some and stop underminding his accomplishment.....
What are you talking about?? He didn't even mention his tune!!! He was talking about his tires and his gas! Between your quote and gator's....you're the only one that mentions a tune!

Hell if you want to bitch about sombody trying to undermine his accomplishments, why don't you say something about the guys that said it's a "downhill track"?
__________________
07 335i sedan | Steptronic | Black saphire | Terra | ZPP | ZSP | Cold Weather | CA | PDC | Nav | OEM Alarm
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:15 PM   #18
Sniz
Lieutenant General
184

 
Sniz's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ellicott City, MD


Posts: 10,569
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by normtrum View Post
What are you talking about?? He didn't even mention his tune!!! He was talking about his tires and his gas! Between your quote and gator's....you're the only one that mentions a tune!

Hell if you want to bitch about sombody trying to undermine his accomplishments, why don't you say something about the guys that said it's a "downhill track"?
+11111

that was a pretty lame post.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #19
NRG
Lieutenant Colonel
Russian Federation
22

 
NRG's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5 35d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal QC


Posts: 1,659
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Very nice time he got.
Based on your comments of 40-50 degree temps and a track that runs downhill (which though not perfect Google Earth does in fact show that it does run downhill), I'd think the times are easily attainable then.
With the mods he has (and on DR's) I'd think low to mid 12's at 113+ mph are what one would expect on a good track anyway.

What I find interesting is he posted the temps were 73 degrees out and therefore a DA of 1026 feet.
You posted that you've had 40-50 degree weather.
I checked the weather service and indeed you are correct.
The HIGH temp on the day he did the run was 52 degrees.
Far colder than what he claimed (which would therefore make the DA much closer to sea level than his claimed as well).

Either way, it's a nice time and trap.

**On a side note, wish DragTimes would list the date the record was FIRST posted, AND then the last date it was "modified".
Would help in other posts verifying the temps people claim on the day they actually did the run based on when they made their original post.

^ All the right info above. You are very thorough, Driver72.
__________________

Retired: 2005 N52 E90 330i Sport 6AT
Retired: 2007 N54 E92 335i Sport 6AT

Current: 2012 M57 E70 X5 xDrive35D
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #20
Tuned335i
Major
14

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: World of Torque


Posts: 1,310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
What I find interesting is he posted the temps were 73 degrees out and therefore a DA of 1026 feet.
You posted that you've had 40-50 degree weather.
I checked the weather service and indeed you are correct.
The HIGH temp on the day he did the run was 52 degrees.
Far colder than what he claimed (which would therefore make the DA much closer to sea level than his claimed as well).
Yeah, I saw that too. NRG's post made sense with the temps in the 50's (for Quebec) then I looked at the DragTimes post and they were different. The Dragtimes weather data for the track resulted in a 51.8F temp (vs 73.4F) and a density altitude of -665' (vs +1026'). So technically the DA was below sea level, which is common in fall and winter. Probably just an error in memory.

A lot of people will dismiss this, but it's significant because taken into consideration with the track, drag radials on small diameter 17" wheels, race gas, high-flow cats (but not catless), and JB3 (one of the strongest tunes anywhere), low 12's at 115mph is definitely believable. Plus if people are going to compare times, you have to consider temperature and DA or you're wasting your time.

Obviously a 1.80 sec 60' time with 6MT is impressive, even on drag radials, so this is a good driver. But I don't think this is a factory freak so don't get overly excited. I would bet that most people here with a strong tune and similar mods could run the same at that track under those conditions.

Bench racing is fun isn't it!!!!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:27 AM   #21
hotrod182
.
80

 
hotrod182's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 335i, 06 M3
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: California


Posts: 3,461
iTrader: (0)

Why not just look at his time slip and figure out the DA on the Dragtimes DA calculator?


Track Elevation:
feet above sea level

Air Temperature:
degrees F

Barometric Pressure:
inches Hg

Relative Humidty:
%




Density Altitude: -399 feet
Relative Density: 101.17 %
__________________
2011 Alpine 335d M-Sport 12.34 @ 110.48mph
2012 LEAF 130MPGe
2008 Black 335i Sedan. 11.11@ 129.47 mph,(8.39 sec 60-130 stock turboWR)
2008 Monaco Blue JB3 2.0 335i Coupe. 11.33 @ 132.77 mph (N54 trap speed WR)
60-130mph: 6.95 seconds stock turbo WR (.16% slope)
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2008, 12:56 AM   #22
Tuned335i
Major
14

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: World of Torque


Posts: 1,310
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod182 View Post
Why not just look at his time slip and figure out the DA on the Dragtimes DA calculator?
I did that, but thanks. I clicked the wrong time of day. In any case, it was off by quite a bit so it's good to get it correct for comparison.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:17 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST