E90Post

Lux Angel Eyes

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Front Passenger Seat not moving backwards, need help!

10-10-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
nuxted
Private

Drives: Sparkling Graphite 335i

Front Passenger Seat not moving backwards, need help!

So I took in my car today to see how much it would cost for my passenger side seat to get fixed as it is not moving backwards/forwards (only this part, the seat's other electronic parts are working) And my SA told me $1,600 to fix this.

Only the left rail isn't working (The right one functions and moves, but the left stays in place), and I tried looking on Real OEM to see how much the part's are but I can't seem to find sport seat parts ( http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...47&hg=52&fg=10 )

My question is:
A: Is there ANY chance BMW can warranty this (He said no as it was "my fault", as evidently a simple small advil bottle ruined the entire motor)

B: Is it possible to just replace the missing parts and not order an entire bottom?

C: Can I at least try and move the seat back manually using tools or something so I can at least have one passenger in my car?

D: Any one have any ideas on what I should do? I just forked over $8,000 to fix my suspension / rims / tires and would prefer not to spend another grand and a half on somthing so trivial.
      10-10-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
dmkaldas
*Rollin 3rd*

Drives: Something fast

look for a junked 3 series

that's were i would look first