E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > I am looking for a 17 inch staggered wheel set



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-19-2008, 12:23 PM   #1
undecided
Captain
 
undecided's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 901
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
I am looking for a 17 inch staggered wheel set

Have you guys seen anything like that available from a reputable maker?
undecided is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2008, 01:29 PM   #2
Nikolas
Colonel
 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

I'm sure it is possible. I have that on my carrera 4. You would want tire sizes of 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. So the wheels would probably be 17x8.5 et 30-35 and 17x9.5 et 25-30. That would be an great track setup.

The only real issue is fitment over the brakes. Not all 17" wheels are created equal. The brakes are very large on these cars so you really need to look at the design of the wheel. The stock 17" BMW wheels fit, but they are extremely close to the calipers. If the mesh design sits deeper towards the hub, there could be fitment issues.
Nikolas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2008, 03:05 PM   #3
undecided
Captain
 
undecided's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 901
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
I have huge 4-pot AMG calipers and disks on my Benz with 17s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
I'm sure it is possible. I have that on my carrera 4. You would want tire sizes of 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear. So the wheels would probably be 17x8.5 et 30-35 and 17x9.5 et 25-30. That would be an great track setup.

The only real issue is fitment over the brakes. Not all 17" wheels are created equal. The brakes are very large on these cars so you really need to look at the design of the wheel. The stock 17" BMW wheels fit, but they are extremely close to the calipers. If the mesh design sits deeper towards the hub, there could be fitment issues.
They did fit but it was tight like you said. I still need a reputable maker and I have not seen any.
undecided is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
Mr. 5
Modder Raider
 
Mr. 5's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Surf City, HB

Posts: 8,626
iTrader: (31)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [4.00]
Try D Force LTW5 wheels.
They should fit over the calipers and they're great wheels.
__________________
e36 M3 Coupe, e36 325i Sedan
e90 335i--SOLD

Best 60-130-------------9.15 Seconds------------------WWW.MR5RACING.COM
Mr. 5 is offline   Scotland
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2008, 06:41 PM   #5
undecided
Captain
 
undecided's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M5 Sapphire Black
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CT

Posts: 901
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2008 335xi SOLD!!!! ...  [0.00]
2008 M5  [0.00]
Wow, I like the shadow chrome finish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 5 View Post
Try D Force LTW5 wheels.
They should fit over the calipers and they're great wheels.
I would do 17x8 front and 17x9.5 rear.
Since we're talking xi, what size tires would I need to maintain the proper AWD ratio?
undecided is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-20-2008, 08:02 PM   #6
Nikolas
Colonel
 
Drives: 996 TT
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sierra Mountains

Posts: 2,068
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
I would do 17x8 front and 17x9.5 rear.
Since we're talking xi, what size tires would I need to maintain the proper AWD ratio?
225/45 front / 255/40 rear is perfect.
Nikolas is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-21-2008, 06:22 PM   #7
ModBargains.com
Banned
 
Drives: JB E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 1721 E. Lambert Rd #C, La Habra, CA 90631

Posts: 13,594
iTrader: (51)

Quote:
Originally Posted by undecided View Post
Have you guys seen anything like that available from a reputable maker?
The D-Force LTW wheels that we sell are 17" wheels that come staggered--ultra light weight, and they look great!
ModBargains.com is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:43 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST