E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Nav DVD - East Coast of Canada?

04-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #1
Hawkshaw
Major

Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Nav DVD - East Coast of Canada?

Can anyone tell me how detailed the latest North America NAV DVD is for the East Coast of Canada? And by that I don't mean Toronto - I mean New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, PEI, and Newfoundland.

My guess is that it has good detail of Halifax, but that the rest of the province doesn't have roads, highways, etc. Can anyone confirm or deny? I'll be pleasantly surprised if the local highway system is contained on the DVD.

Thanks!

(P.S. if no one can answer my question in the next 4 weeks, I'll post the answer myself when my e90 arrives)
      04-19-2006, 01:50 PM   #2
timmerweb
Private

Drives: Red 325i prem/sport/nav/leathr

I've only driven as far as northern New Brunswick in my e90, so I can only comment on that area. The major roads (TransCanada, highway 11 and 17 were the ones we used) are all fine. Was visiting Campbellton (population: under 10k) where my wife's family lives, and most of the streets were in the nav, however our position was off by approximately one block.

-Tim
      04-19-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
Hawkshaw
Major

Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmerweb
I've only driven as far as northern New Brunswick in my e90, so I can only comment on that area. The major roads (TransCanada, highway 11 and 17 were the ones we used) are all fine. Was visiting Campbellton (population: under 10k) where my wife's family lives, and most of the streets were in the nav, however our position was off by approximately one block.

-Tim
Thanks Tim, very helpful. The wife and I are planning a trip around the Cabot Trail in Cape Breton in June and I was wondering the the Nav would be of any use to us. It sounds like it probably will for the major roads at least. There are some attractions and sites we'd like to visit around the trail, and hopefully we'll be able to program them as destinations in the Nav and get directions to them that way.

As an aside, for anyone driving their e90's in this neck of the woods, the Cabot Trail is an awesome drivers road. Windy, hilly, with spectacular views, and goes around the coast and up a small mountain for about 300km in total. Just make sure to avoid the high tourist season as you're sure to be stuck behind an RV for 50km or so!