E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Advice on replacing seats?

10-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
sageashton
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325i, Manual

Advice on replacing seats?

I bought my car without the sportpackage and am regretting it. I have been steadily modding things since then. Currently I am working on getting the sportpackage seats, but to date no luck. (if anyone knows someone that would be interested in a $$ and a trade or someone who may have them for sale, let me know!)

So foregoing the fact that I have not been able to find 'em on ebay, local salvage yards or even in emailing several, I thought I would seek out some advice on the subject.

How much would it cost to have the seats reupholstered so that the sides would come up another 1 1/2" -2"? Would they have to take all the leather off in order to do it?

Are there aftermarket manufacturers that make a drop in replacement (that has heated and power)? I know it's a stretch, but may as well ask.

Any advice??? Any other solutions?
      10-17-2008, 03:47 PM   #2
san~man
Tired

Drives: BMW-less

As far as reupholstering the seat, you're SOL as no one has been able to find the oem leather to buy yet. Kev's been trying for a while with no luck.

You may want to check into Recaro. When I used to sell them, they'd sell an adaptor bracket for specific cars that allowed to seats to be mounted to either the floor or the existing seat bracket. Only thing is that you'd have a great seat, but it wouldn't match the interior color perfectly.
      10-17-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
sillygoat
Captain

Drives: 335i tiag

Send a message via AIM to sillygoat
maybe you can get em off that messed up car thats been on ebay for a while...

but i think its an expensive solution.

dont worry though... the sport seats to me arent that comfortable to sleep in. haha
      10-17-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
sageashton
Second Lieutenant

LOL. Found 'em for $800 per seat. I think that is going to be the best I am going to find. Thanks!
      10-17-2008, 09:38 PM   #5
san~man
Tired

Drives: BMW-less

Not too bad at all. Much cheaper than a Recaro would've cost you.
      10-17-2008, 09:39 PM   #6
jzchen
Captain

Drives: 335xi Sedan

I also regret not convincing the family to get the sports package. I knew about the seat difference, but I didn't know about the oil cooler difference also. (I ended up giving up the active cruise control and sports package to upgrade from a 328 to 335.) I think it might be cheaper to just get another car with all the options you want. (I think adding the sports package was just $1200 for an automatic, and that was because you had to add $100 for the paddle shifters or something like that. Adding just the oil cooler is probably at least that, if not double.)
jzchen is offline   United_States
      10-20-2008, 07:17 PM   #7
cshipp
335xi

Drives: 2008 335xi

made the same mistake

I made the same mistake and didnt get the sport package... Now I want the seats and steering wheel, but they will cost way more than the sport package at $1200.

Where did you find sport seats for 800 each ?
      10-20-2008, 10:47 PM   #8
sageashton
Second Lieutenant

800 269 8970