E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Insurance (again) Underwriters

09-30-2008, 12:18 PM   #1
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Question Insurance (again) Underwriters

After a number of other forum members recommended A-plan Insurance (thanks) I gave them a call this afternoon and at the moment their quote is by far the best for me, when compared to the AA (Norwich Union), BMW Insurance (UKI), Performance Direct (Equity Red Star) & Adrian Flux (Not sure). They were also very pleasant to deal with. Cover/excesses are roughly similar to the rest but the policy is underwritten by 'Marker Study' whom I have never heard of!?

Just wondered if anyone who has insurance via A-plan could confirm whether the underwriter of their policy is also Marker Study and if anyone has had experience of making a claim, via A-plan/Marker Study what were they like to deal with - good or bad?

I believe MS are based in Gibraltar but have offices here (B/ham?), other than that I know nothing about them.

Many thanks in advance!

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
Imran@Evolve
United Kingdom

Drives: E60 M5, E92 M3, E46 M3

Send a message via Skype™ to Imran@Evolve
I insured my M Coupe with A Plan/Marker Study before we got traders insurance about 3 years ago.

Had a claim with them and the service was very good. No one got near their premiums for me either. They are very good with modified cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Mark II
The Grim Reapers Love Child
United Kingdom

Drives: BMW e92 M-Sport Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran@Evolve View Post
I insured my M Coupe with A Plan/Marker Study before we got traders insurance about 3 years ago.

Had a claim with them and the service was very good. No one got near their premiums for me either. They are very good with modified cars.
Hi Imran,

Thanks - Good to know!

Previous: e92 M-Sport. TiAg. Black Dakota. Creamy 6cyl diesel. Stage II Tune. Performance exhaust. K&N. Auto+paddles. Quaife LSD. BMW BBK+Cool Carbon S/T. Goodridge. 19" Breyton Race GTS. Vredesteins. M3 lip. Prof nav. Xenons. Voice. Sun protection. Pdc. etc..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 04:49 AM   #4
RichardM
Lieutenant Colonel
England

Drives: F31 335D M Sport

I've just renewed my insurance with A-plan, thanks for the suggestion guys, they were the cheapest by 80 for my renewal. The actual insurance is with Groupama for me.