E90Post
 


Lux Angel Eyes
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > E92 COUPE (BMW 335i / 328i) OFFICIAL BMW PRESS RELEASE + PHOTOS



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #221
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

BMW 3 Series Coupe Visualizer

Hi guys,

does anyone guess/know why the BMW 3 Series Coupe Visualizer on

BMW Automobiles International website

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_highend.html

doesn't offer the exterior colour Deep Green?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2006, 10:31 PM   #222
arbitrage
First Lieutenant
arbitrage's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
371
Posts

 
Drives: 07 335i coupe
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Whitehorse Yukon Territory Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
Hi guys,

does anyone guess/know why the BMW 3 Series Coupe Visualizer on

BMW Automobiles International website

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/index_highend.html

doesn't offer the exterior colour Deep Green?
Don't know but it also doesn't have montego blue, crimson red or platinum bronze. And no interior and it doesn't have 197 wheels. Overall its pretty useless, we already know what all those colors look like and space grey is already in every promo shot. Yeah get it together BMW and give us what we want to see.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2006, 04:18 AM   #223
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbitrage
Don't know but it also doesn't have montego blue, crimson red or platinum bronze. And no interior and it doesn't have 197 wheels. Overall its pretty useless, we already know what all those colors look like and space grey is already in every promo shot. Yeah get it together BMW and give us what we want to see.
Type 197 are not offered in the official pricelist of BMW AG Germany(April 2006), maybe that's the reason.
Crimson Red and Platinum Bronze are not offered at the start of the E92.
Does any official announcement mention Montego Blue? I think not.
Even the Canadian product guide doesn't mention Montego Blue. I think that are the reasons.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2006, 07:08 AM   #224
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6759
Rep
16,684
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
Type 197 are not offered in the official pricelist of BMW AG Germany(April 2006), maybe that's the reason.
Crimson Red and Platinum Bronze are not offered at the start of the E92.
Does any official announcement mention Montego Blue? I think not.
Even the Canadian product guide doesn't mention Montego Blue. I think that are the reasons.
Actually the official US E92 ordering guide mentions montego blue - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18057
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 07:11 AM   #225
Frosty
Lieutenant Colonel
Frosty's Avatar
27
Rep
1,909
Posts

 
Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Question Page 10 pics...is that Sparkling Graphite or Space Grey?

Jason,

Page 10 of this thread has awesome pics... is this

Space Greay or Sparkling Graphite?

Looks like Space Grey...perhaps not dark enough to be Sp.Gr.?

~Frosty
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 07:15 AM   #226
Frosty
Lieutenant Colonel
Frosty's Avatar
27
Rep
1,909
Posts

 
Drives: Ordered my E92 (7/10/06)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Northern NJ

iTrader: (0)

Space Grey or Sparkling Graphite or something else?

These Pics Are AMAZING.... thanks

is this Space Greay or Sparkling Graphite or something else?

~Frosty
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 07:28 AM   #227
Jason
Administrator
Jason's Avatar
United_States
6759
Rep
16,684
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Jason,

Page 10 of this thread has awesome pics... is this

Space Greay or Sparkling Graphite?

Looks like Space Grey...perhaps not dark enough to be Sp.Gr.?

~Frosty
Frosty, those are all space gray pics on page 10.

See this thread for links to official color threads (including the space gray thread where you'll find all these pics, plus more) - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1612
__________________
Check on the Latest BMW News
Become a fan of Bimmerpost Facebook
Follow us on Bimmerpost Twitter
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel

Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #228
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Actually the official US E92 ordering guide mentions montego blue - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18057
Yes, it does mention it. But will you get it from the start?
__________________
335i, 6MT, montego blue, jade grey, grey poplar, anthracite headliner, style 230 rims, short shifter
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2006, 09:23 PM   #229
wfo
WFO
0
Rep
87
Posts

 
Drives: 08 Z06 vette
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Texas

iTrader: (0)

Love the 335I, just can't wait fo the vert!

Will sell my 06 black sapphire performance pkge 330CI vert for that twin turbo sweetness.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2006, 06:41 PM   #230
pronzie
New Member
pronzie's Avatar
0
Rep
10
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 335i (soon)
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Color?

anyone know what the color of the new 328/335 model on the bmw website is?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #231
fnu02
King
fnu02's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
197
Posts

 
Drives: Bugatti
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chicago

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matze328
i like this new colour

what color is that???
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 10:39 PM   #232
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnu02
what color is that???
Space Grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #233
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pronzie
anyone know what the color of the new 328/335 model on the bmw website is?
Space Grey.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #234
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett
I just want to add that I think its complete BS that the US does not have lemon. It is by far one of the hottest colors for the E90, plus its one of the few two-toned options. Whoever made this decision should be fired... from a cannon, on the spot!

-Brett
I would gladly volunteer to help load the cannon !
The crazy thing is that many of the "official photos" of pre-production E92s show cars with lemon interior.
Whoever dropped this choice should be dealt with as you descibed.
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #235
Spiffy_and_Pink
New Member
Spiffy_and_Pink's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: turlock, ca

iTrader: (0)

does anyone know the expected base price for the new coupe?
__________________
325i - jet black/beige leatherette/burl walnut trim/automatic/standard/no mods
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2006, 12:54 AM   #236
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS
I would gladly volunteer to help load the cannon !
The crazy thing is that many of the "official photos" of pre-production E92s show cars with lemon interior.
Whoever dropped this choice should be dealt with as you descibed.
The interior of the pre-production E92s is jade grey.
__________________
335i, 6MT, montego blue, jade grey, grey poplar, anthracite headliner, style 230 rims, short shifter
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 12:20 AM   #237
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
The interior of the pre-production E92s is jade grey.
The very light (two-toned) interiors that we have seen in the photos of pre-production cars all appear in combo with space grey exterior. According to BMW's colour chart, jade grey is not available with space grey. Hence, my assumption that the unknown light interior seen in these photos is lemon (also two-toned). In addition, if you compare the configurator pics with the photos mentioned above, the "lemon" interiors appear much lighter in colour. I still suspect that lemon was ditched in favour of jade grey for Europe and Canada, but neither interior is available in the USA. An eye witness account will be the only way we will really ever know the truth on this.
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #238
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS
The very light (two-toned) interiors that we have seen in the photos of pre-production cars all appear in combo with space grey exterior. According to BMW's colour chart, jade grey is not available with space grey. Hence, my assumption that the unknown light interior seen in these photos is lemon (also two-toned). In addition, if you compare the configurator pics with the photos mentioned above, the "lemon" interiors appear much lighter in colour. I still suspect that lemon was ditched in favour of jade grey for Europe and Canada, but neither interior is available in the USA. An eye witness account will be the only way we will really ever know the truth on this.
You're talking about the colour chart in the E92 canadian product guide, right?
This guide doesn't mention montego blue nor light poplar wood trim as an option!
How can it then be the bible for the remaining BMW world?
Until now, there are no possible combinations of exterior and interior colours in Germany announced.
In Germany we normally can order all available options, even BMW Individual without any restriction.
I think BMW won't allow pics of the E92 for publication in german car magazines like "auto motor und sport", that can't be ordered in the future. This makes no sense.
Lemon isn't a upholstery colour for the E92!
__________________
335i, 6MT, montego blue, jade grey, grey poplar, anthracite headliner, style 230 rims, short shifter
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 06:47 AM   #239
timking85
Chief
United Kingdom
15
Rep
145
Posts

 
Drives: F10 525d SE
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England - Fleet

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Just been on a E92 launch!! couldnt get any snaps but it looked lovely!!! better in the flesh.. cant wait to the launch date of the 23/09/06!!
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 11:06 AM   #240
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
You're talking about the colour chart in the E92 canadian product guide, right?
This guide doesn't mention montego blue nor light poplar wood trim as an option!
How can it then be the bible for the remaining BMW world?
Until now, there are no possible combinations of exterior and interior colours in Germany announced.
In Germany we normally can order all available options, even BMW Individual without any restriction.
I think BMW won't allow pics of the E92 for publication in german car magazines like "auto motor und sport", that can't be ordered in the future. This makes no sense.
Lemon isn't a upholstery colour for the E92!
Maximinimaus, My apologies ! I had been under the impresssion that Germany had the same combinations as Canada. It's good for you that you have much more choice than we have in NA. However, it is still unfortunate that lemon is not an option for the E92 - it looks so good with walnut trim in the E90.
Please let us know if you see any actual samples of E92 paint and leather. I am especially interested in Space Grey and Saddle Brown.
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #241
maximinimaus
Lieutenant
maximinimaus's Avatar
Germany
8
Rep
548
Posts

 
Drives: 335 I Coupe
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Rhineland-Palatinate, that's in Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekS
Maximinimaus, My apologies ! I had been under the impresssion that Germany had the same combinations as Canada. It's good for you that you have much more choice than we have in NA. However, it is still unfortunate that lemon is not an option for the E92 - it looks so good with walnut trim in the E90.
Please let us know if you see any actual samples of E92 paint and leather. I am especially interested in Space Grey and Saddle Brown.
DerekS, Saddle Brown is an option for the Z4. Maybe your BMW dealer has a sample.
__________________
335i, 6MT, montego blue, jade grey, grey poplar, anthracite headliner, style 230 rims, short shifter
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2006, 01:12 PM   #242
DerekS
Captain
DerekS's Avatar
Canada
12
Rep
912
Posts

 
Drives: 335i M Sport GS
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vancouver,B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximinimaus
DerekS, Saddle Brown is an option for the Z4. Maybe your BMW dealer has a sample.
Yes, I am aware of Saddle Brown as an option for the Z4 in Canada (not USA !). But, so far, no sample has been sent to my dealer for this new leather option, let alone any samples for the E92.
__________________
2013-335i M Sport, 8 spd, Glacier silver, adaptive M suspension, variable sport steering, 18" style 400 staggered wheels/tires, M Sport brakes,
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:22 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST