E90Post
 


E92 Lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis / Spacers > BNIB KW Variant 1 Coilovers...$1100 p/u, $1150 shipped.



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-08-2008, 11:14 PM   #23
cto
Second Lieutenant
 
cto's Avatar
 
Drives: AW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto

Posts: 211
iTrader: (1)

PM sent
cto is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #24
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cto View Post
PM sent
PM returned

Need this sold!

Prices are OBO
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #25
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,766
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Very interested in these for my E90 but a few questions.
How do these differ from the v2 and v3?
How hard is the install?
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 04:00 PM   #26
l4wr3nc3
The Law.
 
l4wr3nc3's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Rowland Heights, CA

Posts: 14,279
iTrader: (17)

Send a message via AIM to l4wr3nc3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
Very interested in these for my E90 but a few questions.
How do these differ from the v2 and v3?
How hard is the install?
KW V1's are a more basic set of coilovers. You can only adjust height. For most people, these are more then enough. Everyone i know that has KW V1's love it.

KW V2's allow you to adjust height and rebound dampening. Perfect for those that do a little more spirited driving as you can adjust dampening quite easily.

KW V3's allow you to adjust height, rebound, and compression. This is geared toward the more extreme drivers that want full adjustability. But keep in mind that these coilovers are not made to just be installed and left. You have to take the time to set it up properly or you wont be able to take full advantage of them.

V1's are great Paul, you really cant go wrong. Long had KW V1's on his E92 you can ask him about it. John has ST coilovers too (which i heard is exactly the same as KW V1 except they are made of a different metal) so you can ask him for a ride to see how they feel. But if you really want the adjustability, then you would have to go with V2's or even V3's.

Install is not too bad. Its way easier then trying to install a set of springs.
__________________

2008 Lotus Exige S240 | 2007 BMW 335i
l4wr3nc3 is offline   Taiwan
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #27
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,766
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
KW V1's are a more basic set of coilovers. You can only adjust height. For most people, these are more then enough. Everyone i know that has KW V1's love it.

KW V2's allow you to adjust height and rebound dampening. Perfect for those that do a little more spirited driving as you can adjust dampening quite easily.

KW V3's allow you to adjust height, rebound, and compression. This is geared toward the more extreme drivers that want full adjustability. But keep in mind that these coilovers are not made to just be installed and left. You have to take the time to set it up properly or you wont be able to take full advantage of them.

V1's are great Paul, you really cant go wrong. Long had KW V1's on his E92 you can ask him about it. John has ST coilovers too (which i heard is exactly the same as KW V1 except they are made of a different metal) so you can ask him for a ride to see how they feel. But if you really want the adjustability, then you would have to go with V2's or even V3's.

Install is not too bad. Its way easier then trying to install a set of springs.
Great explaination Law Thanks!
I'll have to talk to John about his but these sound like just what i need.
V3 are def more than i need. V2 sounds nice but V1 should do it.
Very suprised to hear that these are at all easier to install than springs!
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 06:54 PM   #28
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
Great explaination Law Thanks!
I'll have to talk to John about his but these sound like just what i need.
V3 are def more than i need. V2 sounds nice but V1 should do it.
Very suprised to hear that these are at all easier to install than springs!
Yeah, V1 will do for most people who want a greater ride and height adjustability.

PMd you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l4wr3nc3 View Post
KW V1's are a more basic set of coilovers. You can only adjust height. For most people, these are more then enough. Everyone i know that has KW V1's love it.

KW V2's allow you to adjust height and rebound dampening. Perfect for those that do a little more spirited driving as you can adjust dampening quite easily.

KW V3's allow you to adjust height, rebound, and compression. This is geared toward the more extreme drivers that want full adjustability. But keep in mind that these coilovers are not made to just be installed and left. You have to take the time to set it up properly or you wont be able to take full advantage of them.

V1's are great Paul, you really cant go wrong. Long had KW V1's on his E92 you can ask him about it. John has ST coilovers too (which i heard is exactly the same as KW V1 except they are made of a different metal) so you can ask him for a ride to see how they feel. But if you really want the adjustability, then you would have to go with V2's or even V3's.

Install is not too bad. Its way easier then trying to install a set of springs.
Thanks for this explanation! made my life easier, haha
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2008, 10:15 PM   #29
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

bump
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2008, 12:59 PM   #30
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

TTT
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2008, 02:06 PM   #31
e93hklover
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 e93 335i
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 e93 335i  [0.00]
Will it fit e93?
__________________
2008 e93 (335i) Alpine White with Saddle Interior Grey Poplar Grain
e93hklover is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #32
AV9
Brigadier General
 
AV9's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: OC

Posts: 4,289
iTrader: (7)

damn if i had the cash i'd be on these...gl with sale!
AV9 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2008, 01:35 AM   #33
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avzbmveh View Post
damn if i had the cash i'd be on these...gl with sale!
I cant believe they aren't gone.

ive been getting some low offers, I guess people don't realize how low the price is compared to others.
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2008, 01:58 AM   #34
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,766
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 Trojan View Post
I cant believe they aren't gone.

ive been getting some low offers, I guess people don't realize how low the price is compared to others.
well it might just be that cash is tight lately.
I know that's why i haven't jumped on these. . .
because even after buying these, still have to pay for installation$$$
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2008, 05:14 PM   #35
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
well it might just be that cash is tight lately.
I know that's why i haven't jumped on these. . .
because even after buying these, still have to pay for installation$$$
very true.

there has definitely been a noticeable slow down of the Marketplace since all the economic issues got nasty.
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #36
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

ttt
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 01:06 AM   #37
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

TTT, open to offers (including semi-lowballs)!
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 09:24 PM   #38
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

bump
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 09:31 PM   #39
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,812
iTrader: (23)

$800 shipped?
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 09:46 PM   #40
D@m!n!C@no
Why so serious?
 
D@m!n!C@no's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i Coupe, E30 325is
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Old City, PA

Posts: 132
iTrader: (0)

$$801.00 Shipped????
D@m!n!C@no is offline   Dominican Republic
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 10:41 PM   #41
PaulBailey@ltbmw
General
 
PaulBailey@ltbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2-325 330 2-335 2-Z4 2-135 X5d
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Huntington Beach, CA

Posts: 26,766
iTrader: (34)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to PaulBailey@ltbmw
$802 Local Pickup!
PaulBailey@ltbmw is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2008, 11:19 PM   #42
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
$800 shipped?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D@m!n!C@no View Post
$$801.00 Shipped????
Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaulBaiLeyx View Post
$802 Local Pickup!

lol a bit low still. sorry guys
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 01:35 AM   #43
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
 
X1 Trojan's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 1,561
iTrader: (13)

ttt
__________________
X1 Trojan is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #44
lank_link
Private First Class
 
Drives: 06 325i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 134
iTrader: (4)

Bump for a Trojan and a good deal. I'm thinking about just picking up some H&R Sport springs for $200, but I would love to have some C.O to dial in the perfect ride height.
lank_link is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST