E90Post
 


PYSPEED
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > 2008 E90 330i ECU Tuning



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-31-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
GDR
Private First Class
 
GDR's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 330i / 2008
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Lima

Posts: 125
iTrader: (0)

2008 E90 330i ECU Tuning

I have a 2008 E90 330i and was wondering if anybody here with the same model car has remapped their ECU... I know Hamman has a chip but that's about it.

If anybody has this done, please let me know the Tuner and the performance gains achieved. Any info on this subject is much appreciated.

GDR
GDR is offline   Peru
0
Reply With Quote
      11-02-2008, 03:14 AM   #2
Willstophe
Willstophe
 
Willstophe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 BMW E90 325I Sedan
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

Posts: 150
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to Willstophe
Hey buddy. Ya I have a 2006 325i sedan and did the 330i manifold conversion and managed to get the stage I software along with it. But I don't know about your situation because I think the 08's are ecu tuned from the previous year so my tune might just be to bring it up to the 08 standard.
__________________
Willstophe
Willstophe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #3
ah gon
Colonel
 
ah gon's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw e90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: vancouver b.c. canada

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willstophe View Post
Hey buddy. Ya I have a 2006 325i sedan and did the 330i manifold conversion and managed to get the stage I software along with it. But I don't know about your situation because I think the 08's are ecu tuned from the previous year so my tune might just be to bring it up to the 08 standard.
r u just replace manifold and reflash ecu?and any problem for the engine?since the 330i look like have different compression ratio.do u need to replace like 330i's valve,piston or cam?
__________________
ah gon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2008, 10:59 AM   #4
Omni
Second Lieutenant
 
Omni's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Posts: 240
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah gon View Post
r u just replace manifold and reflash ecu?and any problem for the engine?since the 330i look like have different compression ratio.do u need to replace like 330i's valve,piston or cam?
Nope... just the intake manifold, adjuster motors and software reflash. All other engine components are the same.
Omni is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #5
ah gon
Colonel
 
ah gon's Avatar
 
Drives: bmw e90
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: vancouver b.c. canada

Posts: 2,327
iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni View Post
Nope... just the intake manifold, adjuster motors and software reflash. All other engine components are the same.
thanks for information.and what is the adjuster motors?
__________________
ah gon is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-04-2009, 04:24 PM   #6
Omni
Second Lieutenant
 
Omni's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335xi 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Grand Rapids, MI

Posts: 240
iTrader: (9)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah gon View Post
thanks for information.and what is the adjuster motors?
There are two small adjustor motors on the side of the 3-stage intake manifold that control airflow. The 325i single stage manifold does not have these.
Omni is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST