E90Post

Bimmertech

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > magnaflow 16539

11-14-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Rhodes7586
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 330XI

magnaflow 16539

Does anyone else have this catback, I just installed it, and was wondering if it would make it to loud if I remove my secondary cats? It seems kinda quiet right now. I don't want to have any drone, because I have 2 children that ride in my car fairly often. TIA!
      11-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #2
Takeshi
Private First Class

Drives: BMW 328 Cabriolet

How many days have you had it for? It gets much louder after its broken in.

When I first installed it, I was like WTF? Thats it? I fart louder than this.

After a couple weeks you will definitely hear the rumble, especially at low RPMs.

I still ended up deleting my secondary cats. To be honest it did not get much louder. But it did get raspier which was a good thing. At high rpms, I couldn't tell the difference between the AFE intake and Magnaflow exhaust. But with the raspyness I could tell.
      11-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
33beto
Second Lieutenant

Drives: R.I.P. 08 E90 328i/GM 6L45E

I had it for almost a year and it wont get louder. But thats how i like it. Is an awesome cat-back.

Lou.

R.I.P 10/14/12
33beto is offline   United_States
      11-14-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
Rhodes7586
Private First Class

Drives: 2006 330XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeshi View Post
How many days have you had it for? It gets much louder after its broken in.

When I first installed it, I was like WTF? Thats it? I fart louder than this.

After a couple weeks you will definitely hear the rumble, especially at low RPMs.

I still ended up deleting my secondary cats. To be honest it did not get much louder. But it did get raspier which was a good thing. At high rpms, I couldn't tell the difference between the AFE intake and Magnaflow exhaust. But with the raspyness I could tell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33beto View Post
I had it for almost a year and it wont get louder. But thats how i like it. Is an awesome cat-back.

Lou.
I like the tone of it also, but I was just wondering what it was like with the secondary cats removed. If the tone stayed the same I would remove them. That is why I opted for this cat-back, because it is not to loud.

I have had it for about 2k miles also.
      11-18-2012, 05:11 AM   #5
kiwi29
Team iTouge

Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

A buddy of mine has it as well, he deleted the resonator, left the muffler and removed the cats. The thing sounds like a g37 with res delete which I wanna say actually sounds pretty sexy! Not too loud though, still kinda raspy and quiet... I believe this system is similar to the "turbo" muffler. Great gains but low sound for those older folks who want performance without being noticed or don't like the noise
One more thing,
Cat deletes don't really make your car louder on low rpms. You'll hear it definitely in mid to high end ranges and the tone would be similar but the pitch might go slightly higher or lower. I can't remember but for me, my tone stayed the same just super crispy backfires and super drone on high rpms
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
kiwi29 is offline   United_States
      11-18-2012, 01:40 PM   #6
33beto
Second Lieutenant

Drives: R.I.P. 08 E90 328i/GM 6L45E

Can you buddy provide a video clip of this setup?

R.I.P 10/14/12
33beto is offline   United_States