E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > BMW MOST Ipod Adapter (redux)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-25-2010, 07:22 AM   #89
contractor
New Member
0
Rep
26
Posts

Drives: e63 m6, e93 335i
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: london

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurizma View Post
the iphones and ipod touches charge differently from regular ipods. most factory ipod adpaters will only read music from the iphones and itouches.

you can get an adapter like the scosche passport to convert the pins to charge the iphone. i'm not sure if it will work with the BMW interface but it did work in my girl's benz.

-j
It appears Apple has changed charging methods on iPhones, iPod touch2 and 3. I'm guessing the MOST kit uses the firewire pin to supply charge. Newer devices only charge over USB.

More info at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_iPod_models look at the connection column for charging info.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2010, 09:32 PM   #90
kongquistador
New Member
0
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i sedan
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island NY

iTrader: (0)

Current interface.

Will these instructions work for the current iPod interface 65110439429? I bought one and it is coming in two days. Also will it show up as an iPod on the idrive or will it show up as a cd changer.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2010, 04:30 PM   #91
jean019
Enlisted Member
1
Rep
39
Posts

Drives: 330d e90 M57N2 231hp manual
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: World !

iTrader: (0)

Hi,
I have an 04/2006 325i e90 (Europe).
I want to install iPod in it. the ETK tells me the kit is the "65 41 2 152 324".

1) Can you tell me if it's charging new iPod and iPhone (with USB, not firewire) ?

2) Can you show me some photos of the interface on a professionnal nav (my previous e46 interface was a real s***)
Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #92
Coolieman1220
Banned
Trinidad_and_tobago
39
Rep
1,770
Posts

Drives: 2010 335d
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City

iTrader: (0)

will this work on an LCI 2010 BMW E90? build date 10/09 w/ idrive?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2010, 05:11 AM   #93
enforcerman
The Man
enforcerman's Avatar
United_States
5
Rep
336
Posts

Drives: 2007 328i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Antonio, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to enforcerman
The bmw ipod kit i had installed would not charge my 3g or 4g iphone. Easy solution though, http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockStubz.html.

Just put that on the end, or between cables if you choose to extend the stock cable and move it to the center console.
__________________
2007 328i (01/07 Production)
Monaco Blue
Modifications:
Blacked out Kidney Grill || Bluetooth Retrofit || Ipod Retrofit || Rear Power Outlets || Euro Switch || Blacklines
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #94
dawiyo
Private First Class
United_States
1
Rep
125
Posts

Drives: 2007 335i Sedan - Graphite
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Arlington, VA

iTrader: (0)

Tischer just quoted me over $800 to install this in my car. Thanks for the DIY!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2010, 12:35 AM   #95
jaybird124
Captain
jaybird124's Avatar
15
Rep
841
Posts

Drives: '09 335d Sport
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

This one seems a lot more complicated than I was expecting.
__________________
'09 335d Alpine White/Beige Dakota, Sport, Premium, Cold Weather, iDrive, PDC, CA, iPod, Premium Sound

Retired: '93 325i |'99 Jeep Wrangler Sport |'06 330i Sport |'08 335i Sport |'08 328i Sport
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2011, 07:33 PM   #96
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by enforcerman View Post
The bmw ipod kit i had installed would not charge my 3g or 4g iphone. Easy solution though, http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockStubz.html.

Just put that on the end, or between cables if you choose to extend the stock cable and move it to the center console.
Nice find!
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 09:01 AM   #97
sd23
Private
8
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: 2014 435i x-drive M-sport EBII
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Help

I did this install last night, I couldn't wait to get it in even though it was snowing here.

Radio is lit but is unresponsive after instillation.

First I am installing it into a 2006 330i with an existing CD changer.
After installing the front I wasn't too sure about disconnecting the cd changer.
Anyways I disconnected it, and the fiber optic cable I reconnected to each other to complete the circuit bypass away from the cd changer.
Once this was done I reconnected the battery. I had lighting was able to start the car. had warning for the cold and the time. After setting the time both warnings went away. I haven't driven the car. Most I did was put it in drive.
I have not put the trim back together. I plan to take my time with that.

Like the above poster who didn't get it to work I am now contemplating if it's a fuse or the radio just needs reprogramming.

I don't wish to pay a dealer to replace a fuse as most of you guys do.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2011, 07:29 PM   #98
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by sd23 View Post
I did this install last night, I couldn't wait to get it in even though it was snowing here.

Radio is lit but is unresponsive after instillation.

First I am installing it into a 2006 330i with an existing CD changer.
After installing the front I wasn't too sure about disconnecting the cd changer.
Anyways I disconnected it, and the fiber optic cable I reconnected to each other to complete the circuit bypass away from the cd changer.
Once this was done I reconnected the battery. I had lighting was able to start the car. had warning for the cold and the time. After setting the time both warnings went away. I haven't driven the car. Most I did was put it in drive.
I have not put the trim back together. I plan to take my time with that.

Like the above poster who didn't get it to work I am now contemplating if it's a fuse or the radio just needs reprogramming.

I don't wish to pay a dealer to replace a fuse as most of you guys do.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.
You cannot have the CD changer and the Ipod adapter.
It's one or the other not both.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #99
AngryBirds07-328xi
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

Drives: 2007 328xi
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: North Shore, MA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
Nice. I found another one on Ebay. I'll let you know if it works.
Is this a USB extender cable that i'm going to need for my installation in the center console? Or is it an iPod extender cable? The reason I ask is because the link earlier in this post to cableJive did not work and there are 2 extenders on that website that could possibly meet this requirement:

http://www.cablejive.com/products/US...ion-Cable.html

and

http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2011, 03:55 PM   #100
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryBirds07-328xi View Post
Is this a USB extender cable that i'm going to need for my installation in the center console? Or is it an iPod extender cable? The reason I ask is because the link earlier in this post to cableJive did not work and there are 2 extenders on that website that could possibly meet this requirement:

http://www.cablejive.com/products/US...ion-Cable.html

and

http://www.cablejive.com/products/dockXtender.html
It's an ipod extender cable. female on one end and male on the other.
3ft should do it.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2011, 12:35 AM   #101
JazStar740
Private First Class
JazStar740's Avatar
1
Rep
171
Posts

Drives: 2011 E93 335is/1994 E32 740iL
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wetumpka, AL

iTrader: (0)

Great documentation!!!! I used this to install the MOST iPod adaptor in my 3, only problem is dealer charged me $220 to code it, one wanted to charge me $430 (Century BMW in Huntsville, AL). I was hot, for the price gouging, but it is done now and sounds great!!
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #102
netcsk
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: e90 325i, e30 325
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ View Post
It's an ipod extender cable. female on one end and male on the other.
3ft should do it.
I did the install this past week with the help of this DIY (Thanks!).
I wanted to run it into the center console so I got an extension cable on ebay. The cable does not work with the car -- it doesn't see the ipod when this cable is used. The cable does work in any other case (computer, charging, etc.).

Can anyone confirm and provide a link the use of any working extension cable?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #103
cdavi060
Private First Class
United_States
8
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: 2006 BMW 330i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Virginia Beach, VA

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
how does this work with Pandora on the iPhone?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #104
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdavi060 View Post
how does this work with Pandora on the iPhone?
The interface only sees your music stored in the device.
It does not work with Pandora or Digital Imported apps
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #105
rumelk
Private First Class
7
Rep
130
Posts

Drives: E93 M3 Convertible - 6MT!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Wanted to know whether the CD Changer will still work if the ipod adaptor is retrofitted?

I have an Sep 08 E93 M3, if it helps

Many Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2012, 10:18 AM   #106
drm916
Second Lieutenant
2
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: atlanta

iTrader: (2)

Those of you that have this adaptor.....

I had this installed and coded by dealer. But everytime I turn off my car and come back to it later.. the song restarts over from the begining instead of where it left off. Is taht normal behavior? Or should it start where it left off?

Reason I ask is that I have all trance SETS on my ipod. They are all 1-4 hours. Its annoying to have the set restart everytime I get out of my car.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2012, 05:44 AM   #107
DR-JEKL
Brigadier General
Australia
181
Rep
4,139
Posts

Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Newcastle Ozstraylia

iTrader: (3)

I'm looking for an ipod solution for my e92 335i, and the BMW item seems to cover it for me.

I have a mate in the industry who got me a price ~ $200ish, and I'm unsure if its compatible though as the part # he has states for business (I have the professional package) any idea if BMW #65410404330 will work on my car guys?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...=65&fg=95&hl=1
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #108
328wagonxi
New Member
328wagonxi's Avatar
0
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: 328xi sports wagon
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Syracuse

iTrader: (0)

Will this work on my 2008 328xi sportswagon? I've owned the car for a year now and only have the aux jack but no usb, it drives me nuts that I can't utilize the screen that I have to change the song. Help me!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:23 AM   #109
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
Those of you that have this adaptor.....

I had this installed and coded by dealer. But everytime I turn off my car and come back to it later.. the song restarts over from the begining instead of where it left off. Is taht normal behavior? Or should it start where it left off?

Reason I ask is that I have all trance SETS on my ipod. They are all 1-4 hours. Its annoying to have the set restart everytime I get out of my car.

Thanks.
For me, it is random. I have the Tiesto podcasts and they sometimes start at the beginning and sometimes right where I left it. Same deal with regular songs.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2013, 07:24 AM   #110
FrankoQ
Deny everything
FrankoQ's Avatar
United_States
151
Rep
11,311
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by 328wagonxi View Post
Will this work on my 2008 328xi sportswagon? I've owned the car for a year now and only have the aux jack but no usb, it drives me nuts that I can't utilize the screen that I have to change the song. Help me!
I suggest checking with your dealer. give them the part number and ask them if it works on your car.
__________________

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST