E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > GM Red Tag sale... Corvette Z06 $65K...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-11-2008, 01:12 AM   #1
sambonator
Samtaro!
sambonator's Avatar
United_States
49
Rep
2,549
Posts

Drives: a car
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Milky Way Galaxy

iTrader: (6)

GM Red Tag sale... Corvette Z06 $65K...

Looks like GM is trying to blow out cars...

Brand New Corvette $42K
Brand New Z06 $65K...

http://www.gm.com/redtag/
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

$8k discount on the O9s
Not good enough


GM.......$3.36 a share
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:35 AM   #3
addy85
Got beef?
addy85's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
3,646
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
$8k discount on the O9s
Not good enough


GM.......$3.36 a share
8k not good enough lol That mind set will help the economy out
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
8k not good enough lol That mind set will help the economy out

Nothing to do with the economy. Corvettes are way overpriced. Big powerful engine.....the end. Never liked them.

$82k is crazy money for any GM product. If you were to buy one and need some customer service, they sh*t all over you. Same with Ford. Two many American car purchases in the past with negative endings.

Think about what other cars you could buy with $82k?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:25 AM   #5
yoyeewee
Major
yoyeewee's Avatar
United_States
24
Rep
1,047
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
$65k for Z06 huh? That's the same price as a M3. Hmmmm.
__________________
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 02:28 AM   #6
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

Don't forget 12/14 Sunday night........Cowboys get a beat down
My early Christmas present
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
E82tt6
Colonel
E82tt6's Avatar
51
Rep
2,626
Posts

Drives: '08 Black Saphire Z4 MC
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Big powerful engine... the end?

It OBLITERATES anything BMW makes in any sort of track competition by a huge margin, and I'm talking the base Corvette.

It will out-corner any BMW currently made. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight line car, or overpriced. It's the equal of most cars twice its price.


Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
Nothing to do with the economy. Corvettes are way overpriced. Big powerful engine.....the end. Never liked them.

$82k is crazy money for any GM product. If you were to buy one and need some customer service, they sh*t all over you. Same with Ford. Two many American car purchases in the past with negative endings.

Think about what other cars you could buy with $82k?
__________________
'08 Black Saphire/Black Z4 M Coupe
RIP Gretta: Blue Water/Lemon 135i. Died to save me.
-ChuckV
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #8
Deda
Major General
Deda's Avatar
Croatia
88
Rep
6,548
Posts

Drives: BMW 640xd San Marino blue
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Croatia

iTrader: (0)

sweet...
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #9
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
UltimateBMW's Avatar
124
Rep
3,287
Posts

Drives: MP4
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Big powerful engine... the end?

It OBLITERATES anything BMW makes in any sort of track competition by a huge margin, and I'm talking the base Corvette.

It will out-corner any BMW currently made. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight line car, or overpriced. It's the equal of most cars twice its price.
Corvette blows away BMW at a track? You know what, they have a name for cars like that. They're called Sports Cars.

BMWs are not pure straight-up sports cars, they are luxury-sports cars. That means enough speed to have the time of your life, and all the comforts of a luxury boat of a car.

Poeple make cars that have big hp and speed in their basements. Its nothing new, nothing special, and totally unimpressive.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:50 AM   #10
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
MMMazing07's Avatar
44
Rep
1,472
Posts

Drives: Z4M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: MD

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Corvette blows away BMW at a track? You know what, they have a name for cars like that. They're called Sports Cars.

BMWs are not pure straight-up sports cars, they are luxury-sports cars. That means enough speed to have the time of your life, and all the comforts of a luxury boat of a car.

Poeple make cars that have big hp and speed in their basements. Its nothing new, nothing special, and totally unimpressive.
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:52 AM   #11
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
OBI_agent's Avatar
United Arab Emirates
133
Rep
2,109
Posts

Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dubai

iTrader: (0)

Seems like a bargain for a car packing 505hp ......Over here in the Middle East, they use to sell it for
270k dirhams($74k).....Now it's for 313k dirhams (86k).....!
__________________
11 corvette C6
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 10:58 AM   #12
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E82tt6 View Post
Big powerful engine... the end?

It OBLITERATES anything BMW makes in any sort of track competition by a huge margin, and I'm talking the base Corvette.

It will out-corner any BMW currently made. I don't think it's fair to call it a straight line car, or overpriced. It's the equal of most cars twice its price.
On the track!....Agreed. I don't drive on track all day. As a daily driver NO WAY! Uncomfortable. Harsh ride. Rattle box in a few years. I'm afraid to look up the driver death rate on the Corvette. Up there with the Nissan Z? And like I said GM backs it up.... No Thanks. Show me ANY 09 German car that comes with a $8k discount. There comes a price point when your out of your market. There are many reasons why GM and Ford cars are not selling. I haven't had a American car in my garage in 8 years and it has been working out well for me. My GF's DD Audi A4, 2 years 33k....no headaches.

Alternative cars $82K and under

BMW M3
CERT. BMW M6
NISSAN GTR (IT'S UGLY)
PORSCHE
LEXUS
AUDI
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #13
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
I'm not talking sh*t. It's the truth. GM Ford Chrysler are SH*T companies. Aftersales. They could care less if you come back to buy another one of the cars. These are my experiences over 15 years of commercial vans and trucks for my business. Not to mention all the personal cars gone bad in my family. We traded two trouble Ford and Chevy cargo vans for two Mercedes Sprinters. Much more money but well worth it. So far Greatest vans we have ever had.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #14
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

UPDATE! GM down 16% today....$2.80 a share. Wait for December on that Corvette purchase. You will see maybe $10/$12k off RED TAG sale on Corvette. and other great GM cars.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:35 PM   #15
BaLLzZz
Colonel
BaLLzZz's Avatar
United_States
40
Rep
2,190
Posts

Drives: e92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NYC

iTrader: (5)

You haven't seen an 8k price drop on German cars???????? Then you haven't been to the dealer my friend the e92 m3 i was going to buy had 11k off sticker. There is also an m5 sitting there with just under 14k off sticker. The economy is peeking threw everywhere. Aside from that the z06 is defiantly WORTH the money if you plan to keep the car forever. Don't look at deprecation values or service because in 5 years lucky if you have 10k miles on it. In my eyes that's the only way the z06 is worth it. But the service and customer service is defiantly not on par with anything most of us drive. If they are offering 8k off on line i bet you can have a z06 OTD for around 59k
__________________
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. - Albert Einstein

01 e46 m54 - Current : 14 f10 n26 - Current : 08 e92 n54 - Gone And Missed!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
M3MIKE
Second Lieutenant
M3MIKE's Avatar
4
Rep
226
Posts

Drives: 2008 M3 COUPE
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: LOS ANGELES

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLzZz View Post
You haven't seen an 8k price drop on German cars???????? Then you haven't been to the dealer my friend the e92 m3 i was going to buy had 11k off sticker. There is also an m5 sitting there with just under 14k off sticker. The economy is peeking threw everywhere. Aside from that the z06 is defiantly WORTH the money if you plan to keep the car forever. Don't look at deprecation values or service because in 5 years lucky if you have 10k miles on it. In my eyes that's the only way the z06 is worth it. But the service and customer service is defiantly not on par with anything most of us drive. If they are offering 8k off on line i bet you can have a z06 OTD for around 59k
$8k off BMW 08s or 09s? Big difference. 08s are expected, end of the model year. No way on 09s
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 12:59 PM   #17
gonzo
Major General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
5,044
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

^ Wanna bet?
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:04 PM   #18
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
NewSong's Avatar
United_States
41
Rep
1,464
Posts

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Irvine

iTrader: (0)

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMazing07 View Post
BMWs were bred on the track. then tamed for the streets. totally unimpressive...... lol whats impressive is that a base corvette can handle better than any BMW. plus big power which means nothing to you. imagine what a Z06 could do.

the corvette is one of the best sports cars you can buy for the money. It out performs the E92 by a big margin and it costs 10k less. plus a Z06 for 65k!!!!!! thats 5k less than a fully loaded E92. I hate it when BMW fanboys talk crap about vettes. the interiors crap.....GM is a shit company.........its just a powerful engine.......... these are amazing cars. even if they dont have the BMW logo on them.
+1. The E92 M3 couldn't even break 8 minutes at Nurburgring, but the Z06 posted one of the fastest times EVER beating out cars that cost 5x as much.
__________________
He brought me up also out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:27 PM   #19
josephr25
Major
United_States
22
Rep
1,458
Posts

Drives: 2008 E92 335i
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Irvine, CA

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MIKE View Post
On the track!....Agreed. I don't drive on track all day. As a daily driver NO WAY! Uncomfortable. Harsh ride. Rattle box in a few years. I'm afraid to look up the driver death rate on the Corvette. Up there with the Nissan Z? And like I said GM backs it up.... No Thanks. Show me ANY 09 German car that comes with a $8k discount. There comes a price point when your out of your market. There are many reasons why GM and Ford cars are not selling. I haven't had a American car in my garage in 8 years and it has been working out well for me. My GF's DD Audi A4, 2 years 33k....no headaches.

Alternative cars $82K and under

BMW M3
CERT. BMW M6
NISSAN GTR (IT'S UGLY)
PORSCHE
LEXUS
AUDI
There have been NO posts about the uncomfortable seats or rattles in this forum. Ever. And people swapping out run-flat tires for non RFTs and the harsh ride coming down? Absurd.

I have never even heard of a high pressure fuel pump failure on here as well.
__________________
"Yeah; well, my interior is better."
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #20
E90ice
Banned
E90ice's Avatar
64
Rep
2,004
Posts

Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe
Join Date: May 2006
Location: WA

iTrader: (0)

I went to the Chevy dealer 4 days ago to look at a used 2006 C6 Corvette. I filled out an application and they told me to go home as it may take a few hours.
Never called me back. Fucking losers! And this happens when the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess they don't need my money nor do they have any common sense to give me a response.

GM - please take you fucking customer service and piece of shit cars and go sell shoes....
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:51 PM   #21
addy85
Got beef?
addy85's Avatar
United_States
66
Rep
3,646
Posts

Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
There have been NO posts about the uncomfortable seats or rattles in this forum. Ever. And people swapping out run-flat tires for non RFTs and the harsh ride coming down? Absurd.

I have never even heard of a high pressure fuel pump failure on here as well.
Well said

I'd take a Z06 anyday of the week. Gimme one in that bad ass blue color with some 360 forged wheels and I'm set.
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2008, 01:53 PM   #22
gonzo
Major General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
181
Rep
5,044
Posts

Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90ice View Post
I went to the Chevy dealer 4 days ago to look at a used 2006 C6 Corvette. I filled out an application and they told me to go home as it may take a few hours.
Never called me back. Fucking losers! And this happens when the company is on the verge of bankruptcy. I guess they don't need my money nor do they have any common sense to give me a response.

GM - please take you fucking customer service and piece of shit cars and go sell shoes....
So. You applied for a POS?
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:28 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST