E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2008, 08:31 PM   #111
ska///235i
***** noob
 
ska///235i's Avatar
 
Drives: M235i
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 9,083
iTrader: (32)

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
vendors should stand behind their products like any other business... its not out of the question to expect that.
Udub, how come you dont contact the seller?
you have the link to the sales thread?
ska///235i is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #112
Kev
Resident Anesthesiologist
 
Kev's Avatar
 
Drives: VW bug with a misplaced engine
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 8,815
iTrader: (24)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Udub, how come you dont contact the seller?
you have the link to the sales thread?
He did. He was bounced off to Long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
omg bitchassness alert. You're just one person out of hundreds he has to help. Long shouldnt have helped you, but he still did. you should appreciate that and leave it at that.
Can you take your insecurities else where and stop polluting this thread? Kids like you give Asians a bad rep......
__________________
kev { divinum est sedate dolorem }
Kev is offline   Hong Kong
0
      11-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #113
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ska325xi View Post
Udub, how come you dont contact the seller?
you have the link to the sales thread?
I did when I 1st found out about the poor fit on the pieces... sent him the same pics I posted in post #1. He just referred me back to Long for an exchange of the bad piece. Because he said he was selling it for Long, I assume his responsibility kinda ended there since he said it was just a favor to him to get it sold.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 08:45 PM   #114
garyhgaryh
Major
 
garyhgaryh's Avatar
 
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: santa cruz

Posts: 1,208
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
apparently after it was boxed up and sent out for shipment to long.
You know how hard that is for me to believe that it got cracked during shipment? But anyways, it's cracked and right now the only recourse you have is with the shipping co (did u insure it?). If they do an investigation on how it got cracked, I don't think it's going to go your way. If it wasn't cracked, you would have alot more options, but I don't think anyone is going to reimburse you $100.

Gary
garyhgaryh is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 08:47 PM   #115
Prissy
Brigadier General
 
Prissy's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [0.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote View Post
I don't really think all that is necessary. Most of us here know the type of personal attention and great service Long gives his customers and we all like to stand by him, but I think you're doing more to hurt Long's standing credibility by lashing out the way you have been in your posts. No need for the verbal mudslinging.
I think you are just trying to mak things worse...
Prissy is offline   Taiwan
0
      11-13-2008, 08:48 PM   #116
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GME92 View Post
Simple answer to this issue is "warranty is not transferable." If Long sold to "Drew" then Long's "warranty" would be to Drew, but then Drew sold it to you, so the "warranty" is completely voided from original manufacturer (Long).

Also keep in mind that buying anything on a forum from another private seller is like buying from Craigslist, or buying stuff at a garage sale...there is no such thing as "warranty" everything is sold as is.

So OP can either suck it up and learn to never buy from a forum private seller that you don't really know, or go after the private seller (Drew) who actually sold the product to you and not the original manufacturer (Long).

*******Disclaimer*******
I have never bought anything from Long.
I don't know Long personally. I'm not
defending any one party. Take everything
I say with a grain of salt. Thank you.

Much of what I quoted is simply not true.

It doesn't matter if a warranty is not transferable. All purchased items come with two implied warranties, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. If the trim didn't fit when the OP received it, the seller should take it back no questions asked.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Implied_warranty

I don't see what the big deal here is, the seller is causing far more damage to their reputation than the cost of the trim. Even if the trim was damaged when installing or removing it, has nobody considered that it might have been damaged because it didn't fit? If you try to put the round peg in the square hole bad things happen.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
      11-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #117
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyhgaryh View Post
You know how hard that is for me to believe that it got cracked during shipment? But anyways, it's cracked and right now the only recourse you have is with the shipping co (did u insure it?). If they do an investigation on how it got cracked, I don't think it's going to go your way. If it wasn't cracked, you would have alot more options, but I don't think anyone is going to reimburse you $100.

Gary
Fedex automatically insures up to $100 for free (just like ups) but when I filed a claim they said it was unlikely since it was packed by an authorized shipping agent and after looking into that they said they wouldn't be paying for the damage.

I totally understand, yes I got fuked by FedEx however I also think that despite the damage that was done, the piece still didn't fit in the 1st place so it should have been bound for the trash after long confirmed it wasn't fitting right, and a new piece sent to me.. not taken back and sold again for some poor other guy to find out it doesn't fit on his e90 either. Thats where my biggest problem is, he said himself he won't give me a refund because he can't resell the piece.... so now long is selling trim pieces that he knows don't fit right? I'd hate to say that because despite all this BS I know he tries to help people out with getting them good stuff at low prices but... I don't really know what else to think.
I just don't understand why when it comes down to a matter of him standing behind the stuff he sells or has his friends sell as a favor to him he won't do the ethical thing and correct the situation.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 08:57 PM   #118
Mote
Colonel
 
Mote's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 E92 - 1991 E30
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

Posts: 2,156
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissy View Post
I think you are just trying to mak things worse...
Really? You think? By trying to establish a sense of maturity and professionalism from both sides of the fence on this? Sorry if i'm not from the school of resolving issues by name calling and childish bickering but conducting yourself in a classy manner speaks volumes of ones character.
Mote is offline   Colombia
0
      11-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #119
NaTuReB0Y
Powered By 36DD
 
NaTuReB0Y's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 E90
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Inland Empire

Posts: 7,381
iTrader: (12)

What we've got here is.....failure to communicate.

__________________
2006 E90 330i Jet Black | 20" WORK VS-XX | FK452 | H&R Sport on Koni Yellow | REMUS QUAD
NaTuReB0Y is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 09:13 PM   #120
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote View Post
Really? You think? By trying to establish a sense of maturity and professionalism from both sides of the fence on this? Sorry if i'm not from the school of resolving issues by name calling and childish bickering but conducting yourself in a classy manner speaks volumes of ones character.
^gonna have to agree with you there Mote.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:16 PM   #121
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:20 PM   #122
yoyeewee
Major
 
yoyeewee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,046
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Udub did not buy the part directly from Long. Therefore, Long is not obligated to do anything for Udub. Simple as that.
__________________
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
yoyeewee is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 09:30 PM   #123
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyeewee View Post
Udub did not buy the part directly from Long. Therefore, Long is not obligated to do anything for Udub. Simple as that.
not sure if you read all 5 pages but it clearly states I bought it from someone selling it for Long as a favor... one of his friends.

to me that equates to me still buying it from Long, or at least Long being responsible for anything wrong with it.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:39 PM   #124
radix
there's something different about him
 
radix's Avatar
 
Drives: -
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: -

Posts: 896
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
not sure if you read all 5 pages but it clearly states I bought it from someone selling it for Long as a favor... one of his friends.

to me that equates to me still buying it from Long, or at least Long being responsible for anything wrong with it.

The bottom line is the seller is the person who now has your money. That person sold the part to you with a warranty, whether they like it or not. If the part was defective when you bought it, but couldn't tell when you went to install it, it's still covered under the implied warranties of merchantability/fitness. As I said before, there is likely a cause and effect relationship between the malformed, ill fitting part and the scratches. A reputable seller would give you a refund, repair, or replace the part as they are obligated to.
radix is offline   Philippines
0
      11-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #125
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAKMAN View Post
gime your addy, addy, so i can talk to you face to face. so you can stop assuming who we are and what we do. mine is 1928 St. Mary's Drive Moraga, Ca 94575. If your ever in the area. come ring my doorbell!
Becareful what you wish for. Actually if I was Long, you would no longer be my friend because of your immaturity

PS, your not tough so quit acting like it
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 09:43 PM   #126
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,350
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
not sure if you read all 5 pages but it clearly states I bought it from someone selling it for Long as a favor... one of his friends.

to me that equates to me still buying it from Long, or at least Long being responsible for anything wrong with it.
i don't understand what your trying to get out of this thread, are you trying to make long look like a bad person? i mean i don't think people care what you say about long since he has made a name for himself here as a great guy. I mean i've read all 5pages and it seems to me all your doing it is bitching at a guy who has done more then he really had to, and I've never done business with long so im not one of his "groupies" but damn man give it break already its more annoying then anything
ejazbmw is offline  
0
      11-13-2008, 09:44 PM   #127
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by anmcguire View Post
The bottom line is the seller is the person who now has your money. That person sold the part to you with a warranty, whether they like it or not. If the part was defective when you bought it, but couldn't tell when you went to install it, it's still covered under the implied warranties of merchantability/fitness. As I said before, there is likely a cause and effect relationship between the malformed, ill fitting part and the scratches. A reputable seller would give you a refund, repair, or replace the part as they are obligated to.

thats a very good point... but who stands behind the products poor fit? So what would happen? I get refund from Evo119, and send him back the trim... then he in turn will give back to Longtran because he has no use for a set of trim that doesn't fit right (or now is cracked) so its going to end up in the same place either way, coming back to Long. Now I do realize that isn't my problem what happens to it once I would give it back to Evo119... however my best guess is that since they are friends, he'd get a new piece or his money back so why go to all that trouble? Long could have just sent me a new piece or refund for it and had this all taken care of 2 months ago.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:46 PM   #128
addy85
Got beef?
 
addy85's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 335i
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Arlington Texas

Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
What I don't understand in all this (other then pakman being retarded) is why long couldn't sell the product himself? Maybe the original seller just used Long's name because he knew the product was defective.
__________________

Special Thanks to AU335
addy85 is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #129
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejazbmw View Post
i don't understand what your trying to get out of this thread, are you trying to make long look like a bad person? i mean i don't think people care what you say about long since he has made a name for himself here as a great guy. I mean i've read all 5pages and it seems to me all your doing it is bitching at a guy who has done more then he really had to, and I've never done business with long so im not one of his "groupies" but damn man give it break already its more annoying then anything
its about the principle of the matter. I guess part of me wants Long to realize that what he did/is doing isn't right and fix things while they still can be and I don't go digging into my own pocket to make things right with the current owner of the trim. a partial refund, a new piece... I just feel like the situation should be corrected. and if he doesn't want to or think that is the right thing he should be doing... then I want this thread to be a warning to others who might potentially do business with him to beware because what is promised to the buyer isn't always delivered... and not unrealistic expectations, but things 99.999% of people/businesses would consider normal ethical business practices.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:53 PM   #130
UdubBadger
Banned
 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

Posts: 24,716
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
What I don't understand in all this (other then pakman being retarded) is why long couldn't sell the product himself? Maybe the original seller just used Long's name because he knew the product was defective.
thats possible I guess... but then Long needs to say something about that. Whether that wasn't the case or if Long is just protecting his buddy from looking bad, nobody is taking responsibility for what happened and thus I am here trying to get somebody to because I should have to lose $100 because of someone else's mistakes/bad practices.
UdubBadger is offline   No_Country
0
      11-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #131
yoyeewee
Major
 
yoyeewee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2007 BMW M6 coupe
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Orange County, CA

Posts: 1,046
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
not sure if you read all 5 pages but it clearly states I bought it from someone selling it for Long as a favor... one of his friends.

to me that equates to me still buying it from Long, or at least Long being responsible for anything wrong with it.
Then the guy whom you gave the money to is the one responsible for replacing, fixing, or remedying your problem.
__________________
2008 335i coupe Atlantic Blue with Black Leather Steptronic ZSP ZPP NAV PDC COMFORT ACCESS REAR SUNSHADE HEATED SEATS HD RADIO SIRIUS USB/IPOD 20" Klassen K5.1 3-piece wheels w/Toyo Tires Job Design Body Kit M3 Trunk Spoiler Eisenmann Exhaust Eibach Pro-Kit Springs
yoyeewee is offline   United_States
0
      11-13-2008, 09:54 PM   #132
ejazbmw
blahhh
 
ejazbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E92 335i
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ/NY

Posts: 6,350
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
its about the principle of the matter. I guess part of me wants Long to realize that what he did/is doing isn't right and fix things while they still can be and I don't go digging into my own pocket to make things right with the current owner of the trim. a partial refund, a new piece... I just feel like the situation should be corrected. and if he doesn't want to or think that is the right thing he should be doing... then I want this thread to be a warning to others who might potentially do business with him to beware because what is promised to the buyer isn't always delivered... and not unrealistic expectations, but things 99.999% of people/businesses would consider normal ethical business practices.
i don't blame you man I'd be pissed off to but i'd try to resolve this in pms or a phone call, because i would have known it would turn into a bashing fest. but good luck man hopefully long will step up
ejazbmw is offline  
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST