E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Let down by Longtran



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2008, 12:16 AM   #177
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
he kinda faded into the background after i sent long the piece... haven't contacted/heard from him since.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:23 AM   #178
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
ok just so everyone knows I've PM'd Long about this (again) so hopefully either he or Drew will step up and claim responsibility for this... if not I'll probably be forced to call my CC company and dispute the charge (which will suck for Drew if he was never the owner of the trim) but I hope it doesn't come down to that. I'd love for all of this mess to end with me saying Long IS in fact who we all thought he was, a good guy who righted the wrong in this situation. Then we can all hold hands, sing Kumbaya and go along on our merry ways.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:30 AM   #179
Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
37
Rep
1,747
Posts

 
Drives: 335
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada

iTrader: (1)

FWIW, I dealt with the guy as well and that was a big mistake. His poor judgment put me out a hell of lot more than you….I have piece crap moulded bumper/aero lip sitting in basement that I just hoping to recoup my shipping cost from. Shit like this he needs to take a loss on and learn form it or you get post like this. Long seems like a nice guy but that were it ends.

Orb



Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
Well I know everyone on here speaks so highly of Long and the things he does for the members of this site. While I do not deny these things, I had a horrible experience with him and a product that came from him. At the risk of being flamed publicly... here is my LONG story (no pun intended).

In early September I purchased a CF trim set from an E90P user and upon receiving it and fitting it, I found out that 2 pieces didn't fit properly. The 1st was the ashtray cover which I had to grind down with a dremel, finally making it into the shape to get it to fit, however it still wasn't a proper fit as when it flipped up one side of it hit the back of center console trim piece and one didn't... so it didn't flip up as far as it should have. The other piece was the large dash trim piece. Not only was it not sitting properly on the dash, the opening where the ignition button goes wasn't aligned properly both laterally and in depth... so the button was not only nowhere close to flush but it stuck out and jiggled when you pushed it. I contacted the guy about it and he said it was from Long and if I sent it to Long directly, he would get me a replacement as he'd already spoke to him about it. So I did, on Sept 15th along with these pictures that I took 2 min before boxing it all up for shipping.







After he finally got it via FedEx like a week and a half later of it sitting at his neighbors house, this was the response I received:


He sent me this pic a few days later of the damage.


I replied several times, going back and forth about the issue - I felt I was entitled to a new piece or partial refund because of the fact that the piece was initially defective. He said that because it had somehow sustained cracking (cracking that I did not inflict because I know I was SUPER careful installing/removing as I've done it a few times and know how fragile the pieces are) and because of that the supplier he got the trim from wouldn't take it back.

I asked him to give me the info for the shop that makes the trim and he claimed he could not reveal the shop he is using because he "promised them he wouldn't". I obviously found this to be pretty bogus when I'm being told they won't take the piece back because it was cracked. My only thought at this point was that they wouldn't take it back cracked because that would mean they couldn't resell it to someone else and would end up losing a little money on giving me a replacement... hardly what I would call customer service.

Now I'm not nieve, I understand how business and customer service works, but how the hell are you gonna tell me you won't take the piece back because its cracked, over the fact that it didn't fit properly in the 1st place. That is like me selling you tires and after you leave you notice one has defective tread and is bald in a bunch of spots. On your way to drive back over for a return, you hit a nail and put a whole in the tire. Do I now not owe you a refund/replacement since its punctured? Any decent human and anyone savvy in the ways of business would agree that a refund was due because it was the initial mistake by the seller/manufacturer that caused the 2nd problem "incident" to occur. If the piece had fit properly in the 1st place, it wouldn't have been sent to Long and thus wouldn't have been damaged, what/whoever the cause of the damage was, FedEx, Long or even me "allegedly" pulling the thing off my dash with the force of a Mack truck.

Anyway back to the story before I

He then said on 9/25 that the only thing he could do was test fit it on his car to confirm that it didn't fit well and try to do something having seen the poor fit first hand.

To spare a lot of time reading an already SUPER long post and some redundant arguments and me hounding him to test fit it over and over and over and over... I'll fast forward to Oct 7th. It had been 2 whole weeks since he said he would fit the trim and get back to me and he was getting married the next day. While I am not unrealistic, I understand a few weeks up to your wedding is a hectic time, however I don't see where he couldn't find a few minutes at work where he could fit the piece for me like he has said he would... it's not like he's a school teacher and is in a classroom all day, this guy has his own shop, doesn't he???

Anyway, he told me he'd be on his honeymoon for a week and when he got back things would be back to normal. Well 10 days later, 3 or 4 after he had gotten back and was into his so called "normal routine" and 3 unanswered PM's later, this is what I got:




This was sent to me on 10/20... a month and 5 days AFTER I had sent him the trim initially, I was obiviously getting pretty about the whole thing. So after him telling me he had some car trouble of his own recently he said he had tested the part but didn't offer to do anything about it and was just going to send the broken piece back to me.

He overnighted the piece to a person I sold the trim to at the beginning of October, expecting the poorly fitted piece would have been replaced like it should have been. Finally on 10/24 he sent me the tracking info, however it never made it to the buyer, as after checking the tracking, it was sent right back to Long. Whether there was a mixup in the address or USPS just being weird, Long said nobody claimed it, however no notice was ever left at the buyers door stating that a package had arrived.

After asking him SEVERAL times to call USPS and find out what had happened, he finally did so on 11/2 and then resent the (still broken) piece out again on 11/10 (this past monday). It arrived via FedEx to the buyers house today (11/12) which means that this WHOLE thing took 2 months and nothing was accomplished. No new piece was sent to me for the piece being a poor fit and now the piece somehow isn't only cracked, but the buyer said it looks even more cracked than indicated in the pictures Long sent me originally (which is even MORE frustrating because I sent him a piece that wasn't cracked to begin with and now its twice as bad).

I guess after all the rambling, bottom line is that as great as Long might seem to be on these boards, watch out when you do business with/through him. The only thing I ended up getting out of all of this mess was a busted up, unusable trim piece, several broken promises and a shit ton of excuses on why he couldn't do something he said he would.

Now I have to go about finding somewhere to get a new Titanium CF trim piece (PM me if you know of anywhere) because I, unlike others mentioned in this thread, will not leave the buyer of something I sold high and dry. So I guess this means I'm going to be at a $100 or so loss because of all of this....

thanks again Long.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:36 AM   #180
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
sorry to hear that man
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 02:53 AM   #181
chrisE92
Brigadier General
chrisE92's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
4,490
Posts

 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA to HB

iTrader: (21)

I'm too lazy to read the full 9 pages in detail, but from what I've gathered through skimming, I agree that the cracks shouldn't have much influence on the fact that the trim had horrible fitment. But I also agree that Long shouldn't have helped you, so his effort should be appreciated. eventually, I'd like to hear evo119's thoughts
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 03:00 AM   #182
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisE92 View Post
I'm too lazy to read the full 9 pages in detail, but from what I've gathered through skimming, I agree that the cracks shouldn't have much influence on the fact that the trim had horrible fitment. But I also agree that Long shouldn't have helped you, so his effort should be appreciated. eventually, I'd like to hear evo119's thoughts
mind if I ask why you say he shouldn't have helped?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 03:11 AM   #183
chrisE92
Brigadier General
chrisE92's Avatar
United_States
77
Rep
4,490
Posts

 
Drives: Monaco Blue E92
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LA to HB

iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UdubBadger View Post
mind if I ask why you say he shouldn't have helped?
well what I got from skimming was that Long took his own time to help you, when it really was drew's responsibility because he was the seller. did I skip over something important? I'm not really on anyone's side here, so what I think about all this really has no value. I hope you get thing resolved though, good luck with this
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #184
evoi19
Mongolia
200
Rep
16,729
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i 6 MT
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (18)

Send a message via AIM to evoi19
Hey everyone,

So I've been skimming and sorta following this thread. It's about time i chimed in and give my side of the story.

Basically, I ordered and bought the kit from Long. It was mine initially. The kit was brand new, never installed ever with no cracks or blemishes. I've seen the exact kit on Long's car and on Pakman's car and it was a perfect fit.

I was going to put it on, but had a change of heart and decided to sell it. So I posted it and Seth (OP) bought the kit. It was sent out and a week or two passed and I get a PM stating that it didn't fit properly. I was accomadating to him as much as possible. I even asked him if he could send me pics of where it was fitting wrong. Those are the pics you see in this thread btw. I forwarded those to Long to see if he can help him out as I don't know anything about the kit and it's fitment...other than what i've seen on the other two cars. Long agreed and asked me to tell him to send the piece to him. So I did..gave Seth the address and from there it was out of my hands.

I haven't heard from the OP since then and this was back in late august/early september. So that's my side of it and have the PM's to prove if necessary.

As I see it, even if the piece didn't fit properly, I didn't have the knowledge to guide him since I've never taken the trim out myself and i don't even know where to start on it. That's the reason why I asked Long to help the guy and the rest is well...you see it here....

I hope that clears up any confusion and my apologies for not chiming in sooner.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #185
jaceaholic
thestream.tv
jaceaholic's Avatar
United_States
32
Rep
3,114
Posts

 
Drives: e92 sparkling graphite
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: irvine

iTrader: (7)

wow.. i hope all this gets resolved soon.. good luck OP..
__________________
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1087/carsu.jpg
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 11:29 AM   #186
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
thanks for clearing that up Drew
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:16 PM   #187
InS0mNiAc
Lieutenant
InS0mNiAc's Avatar
5
Rep
585
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 E90 335I Montego Blue
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal 818

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo119 View Post
Hey everyone,

So I've been skimming and sorta following this thread. It's about time i chimed in and give my side of the story.

Basically, I ordered and bought the kit from Long. It was mine initially. The kit was brand new, never installed ever with no cracks or blemishes. I've seen the exact kit on Long's <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E25&ss=car">car</a> and on Pakman's <a onMouseOver="javascript:window.status='car';return true;" onMouseOut="javascript:window.status='';return true;" href="http://jpkserver.info?v=1%2E25&ss=car">car</a> and it was a perfect fit.

I was going to put it on, but had a change of heart and decided to sell it. So I posted it and Seth (OP) bought the kit. It was sent out and a week or two passed and I get a PM stating that it didn't fit properly. I was accomadating to him as much as possible. I even asked him if he could send me pics of where it was fitting wrong. Those are the pics you see in this thread btw. I forwarded those to Long to see if he can help him out as I don't know anything about the kit and it's fitment...other than what i've seen on the other two cars. Long agreed and asked me to tell him to send the piece to him. So I did..gave Seth the address and from there it was out of my hands.

I haven't heard from the OP since then and this was back in late august/early september. So that's my side of it and have the PM's to prove if necessary.

As I see it, even if the piece didn't fit properly, I didn't have the knowledge to guide him since I've never taken the trim out myself and i don't even know where to start on it. That's the reason why I asked Long to help the guy and the rest is well...you see it here....

I hope that clears up any confusion and my apologies for not chiming in sooner.
So after reading this I'm siding with the OP slightly.

I agree Long had no reason to HAVE to help the OP...but he did agree to help out when he asked for the pieces to be sent to him, that put some obligation on his part.....

As a side note though, Long's cheerleaders really aren't helping his case at all.....if anything you guys are seriously hurting his credibility as a reputable local vendor. I know for a fact I'm not buying shit from someone when I have to worry about his cheerleaders jumping on my nuts if I have a problem with a part that comes from one of his vendors.......
__________________
2007 E90 335I Montego Blue
Oil Cooler retrofitted by BMW......now it's on...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:18 PM   #188
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
As a side note though, Long's cheerleaders really aren't helping his case at all.....if anything you guys are seriously hurting his credibility as a reputable local vendor. I know for a fact I'm not buying shit from someone when I have to worry about his cheerleaders jumping on my nuts if I have a problem with a part that comes from one of his vendors.......
well said... i think most of that is kinda done with now (at least I hope) cuz it's not beneficial to either side of this.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #189
Terrance28
Brigadier General
Terrance28's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,336
Posts

 
Drives: Crimson Red E92
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Killeen, TX

iTrader: (17)

Send a message via Yahoo to Terrance28
From reading this threads from my point of view it all boils down to this. The part does not fit period, its defective. The only reason I see this as being the OP fault is if because of those cracks that the part doesn't fit. Because the part doesn't fit period cracked or uncracked and it should be warranteed. According to evo119 he never fitted the peice to his car, so how is he at fault he thought he was getting a perfect fitting peice also (unless he did know). So I don't see this as being his fault. He described it as brand new because it was, he never fitted it. The fitment was bad cracked or not and I think he should warrant the part, because the cracks are not what makes it not fit.
__________________
Mods list got too long, lets just say more than enough.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #190
UdubBadger
Banned
No_Country
348
Rep
24,716
Posts

 
Drives: '04 330i ZHP
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [4.75]
2011 135i  [3.73]
2008 328xi  [4.38]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrance28 View Post
From reading this threads from my point of view it all boils down to this. The part does not fit period, its defective. The only reason I see this as being the OP fault is if because of those cracks that the part doesn't fit. Because the part doesn't fit period cracked or uncracked and it should be warranteed. According to evo119 he never fitted the peice to his car, so how is he at fault he thought he was getting a perfect fitting peice also (unless he did know). So I don't see this as being his fault. He described it as brand new because it was, he never fitted it. The fitment was bad cracked or not and I think he should warrant the part, because the cracks are not what makes it not fit.
Yep thats what my main contention has been this whole time.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:07 PM   #191
longtran
Moderator
longtran's Avatar
443
Rep
16,617
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA

iTrader: (105)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
hey, can you refund me the $40 i spent shipping your piece to that person in las vegas?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #192
StrifeM3
Colonel
StrifeM3's Avatar
United_States
33
Rep
2,802
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 MCB E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Walnut/Placentia

iTrader: (16)

Garage List
2013 BMW  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to StrifeM3
Quote:
Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
So after reading this I'm siding with the OP slightly.

I agree Long had no reason to HAVE to help the OP...but he did agree to help out when he asked for the pieces to be sent to him, that put some obligation on his part.....

As a side note though, Long's cheerleaders really aren't helping his case at all.....if anything you guys are seriously hurting his credibility as a reputable local vendor. I know for a fact I'm not buying shit from someone when I have to worry about his cheerleaders jumping on my nuts if I have a problem with a part that comes from one of his vendors.......


Thats just people backing a person who they have dealt with before, no one jumping on nuts. Sarcasm is not needed to make your point or opinion...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #193
335JB
Private First Class
335JB's Avatar
1
Rep
183
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

longtran is overrated. he makes money without paying vendor fees as his "business" is via word of mouth or people praising him on the forums. might be giving locals good deals who in return give him free advertisement. nothing wrong with that. if i were in the same position, id profit(i.e. take advantage of) from u guys too!
__________________
2008 Jet Black/ Black Dakota/ Aluminum E92 335xi

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:22 PM   #194
ra2fanatic
Lieutenant General
ra2fanatic's Avatar
United_States
149
Rep
11,834
Posts

 
Drives: '08 AW E92 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal

iTrader: (30)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to ra2fanatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335JB View Post
longtran is overrated. he makes money without paying vendor fees as his "business" is via word of mouth or people praising him on the forums. might be giving locals good deals who in return give him free advertisement. nothing wrong with that. if i were in the same position, id profit from u guys too!
he doesnt even market on here, so y would he hav to pay a vendor fee?

i'm not surprised this thread is still goin on since its udub. i remember ur last threads.
__________________


Camden S...Stg4
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #195
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
No_Country
268
Rep
24,955
Posts

 
Drives: 快車
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 在您的母親上面

iTrader: (1)

i love people who come on here and act like they know everything about long and what he does and the kinda of person he is ...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:27 PM   #196
battlehawk1025
battlehawk1025
battlehawk1025's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
883
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 335XI 6mt, SL 65 , M6
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: wilmette/chicago,IL

iTrader: (4)

will a mod just close this damn thing
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:30 PM   #197
335JB
Private First Class
335JB's Avatar
1
Rep
183
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 335xi E92
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra2fanatic View Post
he doesnt even market on here, so y would he hav to pay a vendor fee?

i'm not surprised this thread is still goin on since its udub. i remember ur last threads.
read. his market is from you guys just telling others to buy from him instead. he worked around the system bc people just have to pm or email him. he doesnt have to promote himself. most likely he invests a little by giving locals or friends discounts and in return, they(u) promote him. pyramid scheme. he is still actively selling parts on the forums right? rixster could have done the same thing and made much more money but he did it the proper way by becoming an actual vendor. just search longtran and youll find hundreds if not thousands of posts referring him. i even remember a thread about how longtran sold u ur vorsteiner hood even though u already preodered it from another vendor. u ended up cancelling that order and buying from longtran. hes a moderator so i dont think people challenge him or get in his way. like i said. id do the same thing to. cali is a breeding ground for making money involving auto parts

i wonder if longtran will delete this
__________________
2008 Jet Black/ Black Dakota/ Aluminum E92 335xi

OEM Front Lip | Seibon CF Trunk | CF Kidney Grills | Painted Reflectors | GP Thunder Angels | ACS Roof Spoiler | Rear Fogs
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2008, 01:46 PM   #198
Prissy
Brigadier General
Prissy's Avatar
Taiwan
124
Rep
3,929
Posts

 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NY

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2015 BMW F30  [2.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mote View Post
Really? You think? By trying to establish a sense of maturity and professionalism from both sides of the fence on this? Sorry if i'm not from the school of resolving issues by name calling and childish bickering but conducting yourself in a classy manner speaks volumes of ones character.
Hey mote my bad... I quoted the wrong guy lol
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST