E90Post
 


Extreme Power House
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > South Carolina Members



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-19-2010, 11:37 AM   #45
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
 
pittyinSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M5 SG/Blk 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 2,386
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pittyinSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
I doubt it...I have folks here in charleston who want to have a meet in front of their house cause their to lazy to drive anyway..lol
Ha I willing drive somewhere! Cant drive at night because my car was hit
and run parked on the street already though! Got to take it to Rick Hendrick to get fixed. Ever hear about or see how decent paint and body work they do?
Honk if ya see me driving around! Just look for a low and loud TiAg E90.

Never been hit before I moved here. Its tough parking on the street, but its just a car so I should stop worrying about it! Really gets on my nerves about it being a hit & run though. Guess they know that the headlights are ungodly expensive!
__________________

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter

Last edited by pittyinSC; 09-19-2010 at 01:08 PM.
pittyinSC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2010, 01:51 PM   #46
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by umcool911ok View Post
Ha I willing drive somewhere! Cant drive at night because my car was hit
and run parked on the street already though! Got to take it to Rick Hendrick to get fixed. Ever hear about or see how decent paint and body work they do?
Honk if ya see me driving around! Just look for a low and loud TiAg E90.

Never been hit before I moved here. Its tough parking on the street, but its just a car so I should stop worrying about it! Really gets on my nerves about it being a hit & run though. Guess they know that the headlights are ungodly expensive!
Damn that sucks...so they didn't damage the bumper cover, just the healight?
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2010, 02:14 PM   #47
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
 
pittyinSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M5 SG/Blk 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 2,386
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pittyinSC
Just the fender, bumper, and headlight were damaged. The fender will have to
be bent straight. To me it looks like there might not have to be any paint work on the fender. The bumper is just gonna need some filler(w/e they are gonna fix it with), some sanding, and a repaint. Its funny that just getting a headlight replaced and two body panels fixed and repainted runs around 2500$. This is exactly why they call them "stealerships". At least it was easy to deal with insurance on this matter.
__________________

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
pittyinSC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-19-2010, 02:18 PM   #48
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by umcool911ok View Post
Just the fender, bumper, and headlight were damaged. The fender will have to
be bent straight. To me it looks like there might not have to be any paint work on the fender. The bumper is just gonna need some filler(w/e they are gonna fix it with), some sanding, and a repaint. Its funny that just getting a headlight replaced and two body panels fixed and repainted runs around 2500$. This is exactly why they call them "stealerships". At least it was easy to deal with insurance on this matter.
O to answer your first question..I've never had to get any paint work done by the dealership..good luck with the repairs...let me know the quality of their work cause I'm replacing my front bumper cover with an Mtech cover in the near future...thanks
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
      09-20-2010, 09:54 AM   #49
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
 
pittyinSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M5 SG/Blk 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 2,386
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pittyinSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
O to answer your first question..I've never had to get any paint work done by the dealership..good luck with the repairs...let me know the quality of their work cause I'm replacing my front bumper cover with an Mtech cover in the near future...thanks
Yeah I let ya know. The shop is really at Rick Hendrick Chevrolet. They brag about being the only BMW certified paint shop. I guess that is chosen by who owns a BMW dealership. Since they own the BMW dealer...thats probably why.
__________________

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
pittyinSC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #50
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

Im in Charleston. Gray 4 door. Autocross this weekend on Sunday at North Charleston Coliseum if anyone is interested. Its always fun to go beat up on the Mustangs, GTO's and whatnot.
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2010, 08:10 PM   #51
nilknarf
New Member
 
nilknarf's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Sport Wagon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC

Posts: 19
iTrader: (2)

Just joined. I'm in Mount Pleasant. Could any of you Charleston guys with tint recommend an installer?
nilknarf is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-21-2010, 09:11 PM   #52
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

I had Norton's on Ashley phosphate do mine. Jason, the owner has a white 335 and we both have all of the same mods. I'm installing his intercooler this weekend. Did mine about a month ago. He's a great guy and they do great work. put felt on the door jam to avoid scratching. I had some tips made for both of us and powdercoated them black chrome through one of my vendors at work.
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 12:01 AM   #53
pittyinSC
Drives Smart
 
pittyinSC's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW M5 SG/Blk 6spd
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Charleston, SC

Posts: 2,386
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to pittyinSC
Spotted a black E92 with black wheels and exhaust at around 7:20pm on King Street. Anyone on here?
__________________

08 BMW ///M5 Space Gray/Black 6 speed
Engine: RPi GTS exhaust, RPi Scoops, Carbon Filter Delete
Exterior: Glossy Black Kidneys, LUX V3, OEM LED License Plate light, Bruce License Plate Adapter
pittyinSC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #54
nitrolou
Registered
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Goose Creek, SC

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Just joined from Goose Creek, with a black 2007 335i.
nitrolou is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #55
formgen
Second Lieutenant
 
formgen's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 535i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Charleston

Posts: 213
iTrader: (2)

How many of you 335 owners have had problems. I just got mine back for 2 more things breaking. The drivers side mirror went inop and fuel cap lanyard broke, then after picking it up today, my adaptive headlights stopped working.

add to this list the 2 fuel pumps and 3 injectors, central locking system, passenger seat control, 2 tires, I dont know what else could go wrong.
__________________
2014 535i


Past Vehicles
2011.5 E92 M3, 2009 E93 M3, 2008 335xi, 2004 Mustang GT,....
formgen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 08:29 PM   #56
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by formgen View Post
How many of you 335 owners have had problems. I just got mine back for 2 more things breaking. The drivers side mirror went inop and fuel cap lanyard broke, then after picking it up today, my adaptive headlights stopped working.

add to this list the 2 fuel pumps and 3 injectors, central locking system, passenger seat control, 2 tires, I dont know what else could go wrong.
Damn..I just brought mine in for a weird muffler noise when you first start it up..they are replacing it..but thats about it so far...hows the M3 holding up?
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 08:30 PM   #57
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrolou View Post
Just joined from Goose Creek, with a black 2007 335i.
Welcome! Are you in the military?
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
      09-22-2010, 09:14 PM   #58
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilknarf View Post
Just joined. I'm in Mount Pleasant. Could any of you Charleston guys with tint recommend an installer?
What do you need installed?
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 05:39 AM   #59
nitrolou
Registered
 
Drives: 2007 335i E90
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Goose Creek, SC

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Welcome! Are you in the military?
Thanks, i am not in the military.
nitrolou is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #60
nilknarf
New Member
 
nilknarf's Avatar
 
Drives: 328i Sport Wagon
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Mt Pleasant, SC

Posts: 19
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan1 View Post
What do you need installed?
Tint. Thanks for the Nortons tip, bmwfan1.
nilknarf is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #61
cbf102770
New Member
 
cbf102770's Avatar
 
Drives: 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Lowcountry SC

Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1999 M3 Coupe  [0.00]
Anybody here from the Charleston area ever deal with European Road & Racing?
I know they are Dinan authorized, and I have heard good things from their comments section, but who puts negative comments on their own page LOL. I'm a former Bimmer owner (99 e36 M3 Coupe) and plan to purchase an 07-08 e92 in the spring, and want to have a good alternative to the Hendrick shop for service/future mods.
__________________

e36 M3 1999 Cosmo Black 5MT Ivory Int. Gone but not forgotten.
cbf102770 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #62
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

I have not used them. I'm local and usually do work on my own. Otherwise I would go to autometrics or exclusively bonnets in mt. Pleasant. I know both shops do great work.
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-24-2010, 10:22 PM   #63
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

You guys are opening up my eyes..ha...does either of the shops mentioned do paint work? I'm about to convert my oem body to M Tech and a few other mods...
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #64
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
You guys are opening up my eyes..ha...does either of the shops mentioned do paint work? I'm about to convert my oem body to M Tech and a few other mods...
I don't believe either of those two shops do, but I will ask Cory from Autometrics who he recommends at the race tomorrow.
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2010, 05:13 PM   #65
bmwfan1
Second Lieutenant
 
bmwfan1's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Charleston

Posts: 205
iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSCO View Post
You guys are opening up my eyes..ha...does either of the shops mentioned do paint work? I'm about to convert my oem body to M Tech and a few other mods...
Oh, if you are doing in engine/drivetrain mods let me know, ive done just about all of it.
bmwfan1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-25-2010, 06:33 PM   #66
JSCO
Brigadier General
 
JSCO's Avatar
 
Drives: SLOW
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Qatar

Posts: 3,198
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan1 View Post
I don't believe either of those two shops do, but I will ask Cory from Autometrics who he recommends at the race tomorrow.
Please do, I appreciate it....
JSCO is offline   Qatar
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST