E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > Preventing Fuel System Damage from Ethanol/Water

11-24-2008, 07:50 PM   #1
Unky
Scout
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92 MT

Garage List
Preventing Fuel System Damage from Ethanol/Water

I noticed that some list members have grown weary of the NUMEROUS posts from E90 owners about damage to their fuel systems and pumps from gas containing either elevated levels of ethanol or water.

The bitch of this, of course, is all the horror stories about BWM Dealerships refusing to perform warranty repairs due to their testing revealing "bad gasoline" in the victim's tank and telling the owner to "Have the gas station cover the damage costs"

Makes you wanna lawyer up doesn't it?

I consulted with a couple of BMW experts from my area that do not currently work for dealerships and they asserted that safest bet for clean fuel in this part of the country was either Chevron or Shell. According to these minds the most important additive for our cars is a treatment that conditions fuel and removes water. The recommendation was for Redline Fuel System Water Remover. The only store in Vegas that can order this product is Meyers Autoparts. So I spoke to them and they were hesitant to do so out of fear that not enough people would buy it off the shelf.

I said: "I belong to a auto forum where dozens of people are experiencing fuel system damage and would probably be happy to pay the 5 dollars a bottle if they knew it could help." So the guy at Meyers said "OK, I'll order a couple cases."

There ya' go.

One bottle treats 250 gallons. Since this product is so cheap, it seems like worthwhile insurance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0