E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Why so many JB3's on sale all of a sudden??

Closed Thread

12-01-2008, 09:23 PM   #23
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i - to new owners now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
I'm not going to be an E-dick here so I'm going to answer you honestly.

1) I do live support for cablevision 40 hours a week. So that gives me plenty of time to post
2) I hardly post on my days off
3) I'm enjoying the single life
4) No kids, I'm 23 and don't need them now.. Had a close call once
5) i hit the gym, i go out with friends all the time
6) posting shit like this doesn't make your e-penis bigger

It was an easy guess that you were single with no kids however. So I guess it's good you get it out of your system now that you are young before you get your own place, and have a lady friend that won't except that much time on a car forum and not on her. Like most of the guys on here, I try to avoid being on here when she's home, but when I am, she often give me the stink eye for it.

I wouldn't hope posting like that would make your e-penis bigger.
Personally I've been on car forums since the very beginning of them back in 2000. I don't think I have 18,000+ posts on all of them combined. So if that's the measure of my e-penis, it's pretty small then.
Luckily, like my post count on this site, the real one is above average.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:29 PM   #24
scalbert
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3, '13 Volt, '08 Ody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
Personally I've been on car forums since the very beginning of them back in 2000.
Urmm, they go back many years before 2000, al least in different forms. Prior to the late 1990's they were in the form of Listerv's (how many people remember or know what medium Listserv's used?) Even back in the early 1990's there were Bulletin Board systems; geez I am showing my nerd age.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:34 PM   #25
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 (sold)

Quote:
Personally I've been on car forums since the very beginning of them back in 2000.

I'm probably younger than most people on here and I even know discussion boards/other types of BB systems (via email) existed before...

...the year 2000

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #26
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, 335i

I was active on a bunch of BBs in college back in the early 90s I even had an email address as early as '91. What do I win?

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:38 PM   #27
jpsimon
Team Zissou
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 (sold)

You win a used JB3!

i keeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
I was active on a bunch of BBs in college back in the early 90s I even had an email address as early as '91. What do I win?

Shiv

Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:47 PM   #28
Alex@AKMotorwerk
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 AW F10 535i

Send a message via AIM to Alex@AKMotorwerk
Quote:
Originally Posted by scalbert View Post
Back on Topic, this is normal and a natural progression. All new products have an inrush and then the honeymoon ends and the annulments begin.
+1... This is the answer right here. it's a back and forth with the newest stuff that comes out... always has been, always will be.

Quote:
Urmm, they go back many years before 2000, al least in different forms. Prior to the late 1990's they were in the form of Listerv's (how many people remember or know what medium Listserv's used?) Even back in the early 1990's there were Bulletin Board systems; geez I am showing my nerd age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post

Shiv
Damn, i remember running my parents phone bill threw the roof back in the early 90's when i used to dial into BBS's on the west coast and be on there for HOURS! Had to make sure my "share ratio" was high enough

Anyone else remember downloading the Jolly Roger's Cookbook?? LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:49 PM   #29
aerodyte
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
Procede V3 are for sale because of people having the need for the latest and greatest!!! They want the tiny little new RevII!!!
They purchased the JB3 in the group buy. While they were waiting for it, Shiv came out with the now infamous PCB pictures thread. This may have changed their minds.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 09:55 PM   #30
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj323ci View Post
Damn, i remember running my parents phone bill threw the roof back in the early 90's when i used to dial into BBS's on the west coast and be on there for HOURS! Had to make sure my "share ratio" was high enough
I remember dialing into BBS's and connecting at roughly 400 BPS on my C64 back int he mid 1980's.

Granted, it wasn't automotive related but shows early adoption of technology. And yes, I was on for hours and normally in the middle of the night.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
True, but I meant the "modern" car forums.
There aren't many before 2000 that I can remember.
I was on other BB style "forums" back in 1998. And even at that point there wasn't too many or very common.
Like Shiv, in my early days of college in the early 90's we were lucky to have computers at all (only at the "computer centers"), much less people having anything more than Commodores for home computers.
It wasn't until the mid to late 90's when home computers were even somewhat a norm. And even then, many, many people didn't have them.
It wasn't until the turn of this century that really was the rise of the modern computers AND modern forums.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:04 PM   #32
shiv@vishnu
Tuner
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1, 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post
Just curious, but how do you know what exactly people are selling ther JB3's for? Did you ask each person selling what for. Unless we are going by the few KNOWN people who have actually switched over.

As i see it today, it has become offical that the US is in a Depression and it is Decemeber(Holidays), some people are stepping back and using the money for other/ different reasons could very well be the case.

Are you saying that people are being easily influcened by your product, because it is the new product on the block with all its special/user adjustable features?
That wouldnt really make sense either since there is about the same number of V3's as JB3's for sale within the past month, so ill start making the new thread
" Why so many PROcede V3's for sale?"

I am just asking from how it looks.
Your posts/opinions are so wonderfully partisan that I think many of us know what to expect before even reading them

shiv
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #33
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
It wasn't until the mid to late 90's when home computers were even somewhat a norm. And even then, many, many people didn't have them.
It was the turn of this century that really was the rise of the modern computers AND modern forums.
For me, the automotive Internet began around 1995 with the Sy/Ty Listserv. This was email based only but quite functional. Granted, dial-up was the norm but still laptops were often used on business trips. It seems more common use did begin in the late 1990's though.

Looks like I may very well be about 5 - 7 years your senior.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:19 PM   #34
JNic335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

Send a message via AIM to JNic335i
I find it very odd, that certain people post in the same threads quite often.

Back on topic. It's the holiday's guys. People are selling things left and right.
      12-01-2008, 10:20 PM   #35
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko335i View Post
As i see it today, it has become offical that the US is in a Depression and it is Decemeber(Holidays), some people are stepping back and using the money for other/ different reasons could very well be the case.

Are you saying that people are being easily influcened by your product, because it is the new product on the block with all its special/user adjustable features?
That wouldnt really make sense either since there is about the same number of V3's as JB3's for sale within the past month, so ill start making the new thread
" Why so many PROcede V3's for sale?"

I am just asking from how it looks.
I thought we had been in a recession for the last couple of years based on media information yet hadn't had a single quarter of negative growth. In fact, based on the market I am in, I am beginning to question whether or not we will actually see a definitive recession (little alone a depression). But that is a topic for another sub-forum.

IMO, as I previously said, it is just the nature of the market. Most people are not devout to their tune. Many will buy on impulse and then change their mind based on later information. It isn't a knock on any tune, it is just the nature of the market which is why a tuner needs to try and stay two steps ahead of the competition. Power is only one aspect of the purchasing decisions, features are another.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:23 PM   #36
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
I find it very odd, that certain people post in the same threads quite often.

Back on topic. It's the holiday's guys. People are selling things left and right.
Actually, I suspect if you weighed overall thread posts versus the subject, there would be a fair balance. It is only when you look for unbalance is when you mistakenly see it. Just an opinion though and do not have the desire to do an actual study.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #37
JNic335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' E92 335i

Send a message via AIM to JNic335i
Quote:
I thought we had been in a recession for the last couple of years based on media information yet hadn't had a single quarter of negative growth. In fact, based on the market I am in, I am beginning to question whether or not we will actually see a definitive recession (little alone a depression). But that is a topic for another sub-forum.

IMO, as I previously said, it is just the nature of the market. Most people are not devout to their tune. Many will buy on impulse and then change their mind based on later information. It isn't a knock on any tune, it is just the nature of the market which is why a tuner needs to try and stay two steps ahead of the competition. Power is only one aspect of the purchasing decisions, features are another.
from the news I saw today we are in a official recession (from the white house). The Dow was down 500 points again today.
      12-01-2008, 10:31 PM   #38
GGreek5
Olimpiakos
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3

This thread started out ok, then it turned into a pissing contest like every other thread on the forum. lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:32 PM   #39
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
For me, the automotive Internet began around 1995 with the Sy/Ty Listserv. This was email based only but quite functional. Granted, dial-up was the norm but still laptops were often used on business trips. It seems more common use did begin in the late 1990's though.

Looks like I may very well be about 5 - 7 years your senior.
Keeping the thread OT
yeah you probably are a few years my senior. Nothing wrong with that.
All I know is you had to be pretty deep into the computer world to have a computer in the mid 90's, much less be involved with email or any kind of BB.
It was still quite scarce in 1998 when I joined my first BB posting "forum" but remember the HUGE rise of the "modern" forums around 2000 with the rise of the now infamous "dot-com" boom.
I remember in 2001 sitting in my apartment's 2nd bedroom I used for my office wishing that I "bought" a whole bunch of website addresses in 2000 when everybody else was doing it and many made a bunch of big money for them after selling the names to large businesses who wanted those names.

Oh well, I'm not a computer guy anyway, so I guess I couldn't expect much in that regard.
I was just stoked when I didn't have to go to the library to look up information anymore. Something the "kids" of this day and age don't appreciate at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:36 PM   #40
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNic335i View Post
from the news I saw today we are in a official recession (from the white house). The Dow was down 500 points again today.
Recession != Depression as was originally presented.

That said, I am not sure I 100% agree and I am somewhat of an economic moron (yes, my wife handles our financials and is much better at it). But based on the definitions I learned in macro-econ back many years ago, we still haven't hit that mark. And even the industrial markets that serve the building industry have not taken a major hit either which I expected to see by now.

Nevertheless, this is certainly a discussion for another sub-forum.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 10:49 PM   #41
Carmine85
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Sorry to go OT

coldasicex5, wow joined in March 2008 and has 18,575 posts?
That's like 75-80 a day, everyday since you've joined.

Holy sh1t!!!
And I thought I spent too much time here. LOL
No job? If so, what kind of job lets you spent your life on here?
No wife or girlfriend? If so, you better be pleasing her nightly or she'll quickly be leaving you to find someone who'll give her as much attention as you give this site.
No kids? If so, for the love of them, go do something with them before they start calling some other guy dad.

No offense man (and a piece of advice) but maybe it's time for a hobby or doing something where you can breathe some fresh air (or hit the gym, cause with that much seat time, I'm positive something other than your fingers needs a work out.)

Again, sorry for going OT, just wanted to give my little PSA for cold.
Cheers
Don't see how this is a positive contribution to the thread

YEAH?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:00 PM   #42
scalbert
Major General
Rep

Quote:
All I know is you had to be pretty deep into the computer world to have a computer in the mid 90's, much less be involved with email or any kind of BB.

It was still quite scarce in 1998 when I joined my first BB posting "forum" but remember the HUGE rise of the "modern" forums around 2000 with the rise of the now infamous "dot-com" boom.
Perhaps not deep in the computer industry, maybe technology though. Heck, my first PC was in 1983 and was a Timex/Sinclair 1k followed shortly thereafter by the C64. A couple of years later I had a full blown IBM PC and even Windows 3.0 in 1990/91 timeframe. My father is an engineer and owned an industrial engineering firm so I was certainly exposed to technology. This lead to consistent Internet usage starting in about 1994.

I guess that is decent for a Georgia Redneck.

And everyone from Georgia has dueling banjos playing in their vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:15 PM   #43
Driver72
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Perhaps not deep in the computer industry, maybe technology though. Heck, my first PC was in 1983 and was a Timex/Sinclair 1k followed shortly thereafter by the C64. A couple of years later I had a full blown IBM PC and even Windows 3.0 in 1990/91 timeframe. My father is an engineer and owned an industrial engineering firm so I was certainly exposed to technology. This lead to consistent Internet usage starting in about 1994.

I guess that is decent for a Georgia Redneck.

And everyone from Georgia has dueling banjos playing in their vehicle.
Whew that is deep.
I don't remember the Timex/Sinclair 1K but as stated, surely the Commodore 64 which was the first computer I remember playing with in the early to mid 80's.
I didn't own one though, but thought my Atari was killer.
Coming from a family that was not in technology nor computers, I was stoked to have one of those.
Dang those were the days. It's probably the same feeling kids felt in the early 1900's when they were part of the infancy stages of the automobile. By far the two biggest inventions of the 20th century (well that's if you consider the automobile to be an invention of the 20th century and not the 19th)

Just another useless post in this thread.
I love doing this once in a great while.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2008, 11:16 PM   #44
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

I'm just going by what i saw/heard:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/12/01/mark...ion=2008120118
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread