E90Post

Extreme Power House

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY - Illuminated Door Sills (official instructions)

Comment

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Jason's Avatar DIY - Illuminated Door Sills (official instructions)
Jason
07-07-2005
Click the following link for official instructions (in PDF) on installing the OEM Illuminated Door Sills.

Illuminated Door Sills Install Instructions

By poldim on 12-24-2006, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild
you will see immitations pop up on ebay pretty quickly for less than 100$
I wonder what the quality is going to be like...
By Hunter399 on 12-24-2006, 11:22 PM
Probley less than great
By riceqx2 on 12-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I just saw these on a coupe at the dealer. 623.00 added on to the sticker. The aft end of the door sills are held on by a 1" square rubber spacer with double sided tape on both sides. The double sided tape makes contact with the underneath of the metal door sill and the painted door frame of the car. The double sided tape was'nt sticking too good though because the aft end of the sill was lifting up on both doors. I tried to press it back down, but could'nt get it to hold. For that price I would expect something that was going to survive the long haul. They looked nice and thick though, but it was hard to tell in the bright showroom that they were even lit untill I placed my hand over the logo for shade.
By poldim on 12-27-2006, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riceqx2
I just saw these on a coupe at the dealer. 623.00 added on to the sticker. The aft end of the door sills are held on by a 1" square rubber spacer with double sided tape on both sides. The double sided tape makes contact with the underneath of the metal door sill and the painted door frame of the car. The double sided tape was'nt sticking too good though because the aft end of the sill was lifting up on both doors. I tried to press it back down, but could'nt get it to hold. For that price I would expect something that was going to survive the long haul. They looked nice and thick though, but it was hard to tell in the bright showroom that they were even lit untill I placed my hand over the logo for shade.
Doesnt sound like they could be much better than the ebay competition...
By gqmd on 04-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesmu View Post
The thing is, some people are able to afford a bmw becasue they are smart with their money and save for a purpose. No one throws money away...
If they don't throw money away, then they definitely won't be throwing away $600 on these either...
By Noxious_ on 10-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Member reviews
20%20%20%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
20%20%20%
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknochild View Post
you will see immitations pop up on ebay pretty quickly for less than 100$
Did this ever happen?
By WOPALX on 01-16-2011, 10:30 PM
Member reviews
60%60%60%
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
40%40%40%
40%40%40%
Average 47%
Updated Instructions

Seams BMW have updated the kit with an additional wire for those that don't have certain options.

A BMW tech kindly emailed these to me when I got 95% through the installation and noticed the difference between what I had and what was in the instructions posted in this thread.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf retro fit.pdf (1.04 MB, 662 views)
By Thumperx on 01-18-2011, 10:25 AM
I did mine and followed the instruction without any mishap.
Comment