E90Post

GT Haus

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Lighting / Electronics / Audio / Security > ▀▄ eas - mObridge Bluetooth Handsfree/iPod interface now available for e9x 3-series!

01-20-2009, 02:22 PM   #23
david @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor

Drives: BMW

Still in stock guys! Thanks for the orders!
david @ eas is offline   United_States
      01-21-2009, 08:08 AM   #24
fdiprete
First Lieutenant

Drives: 2006 325xi

Send a message via Yahoo to fdiprete
I've read all of the threads and the mobridge page about this retrofit.
The thing that concerns me is programming.

I just can't see how a dealer can program a tcu retrofit with an aftermarket part that emulates a tcu with a mystery part number and no FZD. The sis will look for all of the parts including the FZD and abort if not found, and if the mobridge module sends the incorrect part number for my VIN then the sis will fail there also.

I'd like to see a success story posted here by people who installed this (expensive) retrofit and had it programmed at a dealer local to them.

Thank you
fdiprete is offline   United_States
      01-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #25
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdiprete View Post
I've read all of the threads and the mobridge page about this retrofit.
The thing that concerns me is programming.

I just can't see how a dealer can program a tcu retrofit with an aftermarket part that emulates a tcu with a mystery part number and no FZD. The sis will look for all of the parts including the FZD and abort if not found, and if the mobridge module sends the incorrect part number for my VIN then the sis will fail there also.

I'd like to see a success story posted here by people who installed this (expensive) retrofit and had it programmed at a dealer local to them.

Thank you
We have 2 BMW dealers near us that have programmed these modules. We're also a technology parter with mObridge - with most of the R&D coding performed in-house and verified with our autologic (GT1 SSS/OPS equivalent).

BTW - the mObridge engineers are also the same fellows that developed the BMW TCU/mULF modules.

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
tom @ eas is offline   United_States
      01-29-2009, 06:24 PM   #26
dmirish
Enlisted Member

Drives: coupe

Is there a document describing how to do the retrofit to a 2008 E92 with professional radio/CD, no idrive and no changer?

After install the car will need to be coded for cd changer and telephone and this is possible on autologic system?
      01-29-2009, 06:43 PM   #27
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmirish View Post
Is there a document describing how to do the retrofit to a 2008 E92 with professional radio/CD, no idrive and no changer?

After install the car will need to be coded for cd changer and telephone and this is possible on autologic system?
Instructions are included with the kits, the vehicle will need to be coded for both the CD Changer and Bluetooth if not originally equipped.

eas M4 AY Progress/Buildup Journal · GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
      02-26-2009, 12:38 PM   #28
tom @ eas

Garage List
Couple of kits shipped yesterday - looking forward to your reviews.

03-25-2009, 02:26 PM   #29
tom @ eas

Garage List
Thanks gentlemen, all kits are in stock - ready for immediate shipment.

03-27-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
Fieno
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2007 328i

Question:

For those with MOST iPOD installs, do we have to remove it in order to install this package?

Thanks!

Fieno
      03-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #31
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fieno View Post
Question:

For those with MOST iPOD installs, do we have to remove it in order to install this package?

Thanks!

Fieno
Fieno,

While the mObridge bluetooth has much better performance than the OEM BMW kit, the iPod portion of the Bluetooth can be disabled if desired.

04-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
brandon @ eas

Drives: F30 335i M-sport

More units in stock, ready to ship
brandon @ eas is offline   United_States
      05-04-2009, 07:54 PM   #33
thedumbfek
Enlisted Member

Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Has anyone had any luck with these kits, I am looking to getting this or the TCU retrofit and would like to hear any success stories.
Also, is this kit compatible with voice commands? Thanks
      05-05-2009, 06:10 PM   #34
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.

Drives: e92 328i

hey tom, any updates on the voice command updates?
0asis is offline   Canada
      05-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #35
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0asis View Post
hey tom, any updates on the voice command updates?
Nothing yet on Voice Control, but we will update the thread when avaialble.

05-06-2009, 06:40 AM   #36
0asis
Senior Officer In Charge.

Drives: e92 328i

great, thanks! i'm still very interested in buying it if it has voice commands
0asis is offline   Canada
      05-14-2009, 01:15 PM   #37
Dracon

Drives: 2006 330i E90

I'm rather interested in this as well, I don't use the voice commands much, but I would love to see the installation/coding documentation (installation instructions) on this product...

There's a local shop here in Nashville with the computers to handle the coding/programming but I'd like to make sure I can do the actual installation and setup of the hardware and take it to them to code/program it.
Dracon is offline   United_States
      05-14-2009, 01:22 PM   #38
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
I'm rather interested in this as well, I don't use the voice commands much, but I would love to see the installation/coding documentation (installation instructions) on this product...

There's a local shop here in Nashville with the computers to handle the coding/programming but I'd like to make sure I can do the actual installation and setup of the hardware and take it to them to code/program it.
Install is the same as installing the iPod kit, it's a matter of 2 power lines and MOST optic lines for audio, this is about 1 hour tops.

05-14-2009, 01:41 PM   #39
Dracon

Would it be possible to send a copy of the installation document? I'm really really interested in this since I'm looking to retrofit bluetooth and an ipod adapter in my 06 330i. This would be a very good alternative to the factory kit (along with leaving one of my slots in the trunk open for a BSW Subwoofer upgrade).
      05-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #40
Dracon

I'm actually more interested on the installation steps surrounding the exact coding/programming steps to get this working. There's a shop here in Nashville with a SSS computer that could do the coding but they are more of a performance shop and not a car audio/car electronics shop so it would be alot easier for me to make the leap on a purchase like this if I could provide them the exact steps they need to take to properly code/program this to make it work with the factory system.
      05-14-2009, 06:04 PM   #41
tom @ eas

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon View Post
I'm actually more interested on the installation steps surrounding the exact coding/programming steps to get this working. There's a shop here in Nashville with a SSS computer that could do the coding but they are more of a performance shop and not a car audio/car electronics shop so it would be alot easier for me to make the leap on a purchase like this if I could provide them the exact steps they need to take to properly code/program this to make it work with the factory system.
Simply program for a mULF after installation is completed (since this is what we are emulating) and the vehicle will be activated with your new mObridge kit.

Autologic users will have a specific mObridge activation path in the CIP folder.

05-14-2009, 06:25 PM   #42
Dracon

I'll check with them when I take my car to them in the next few weeks to perform a software update on my iDrive.
      05-20-2009, 05:09 PM   #43
david @ eas

Thanks for the orders guys! Let me know if you have any further questions
david @ eas is offline   United_States
      05-21-2009, 02:14 PM   #44
Dracon

Just wanted to share some more information I've gathered from the guys at m0bridge. I'm sure alot of other people have had the same questions I've had regarding the coding part of the m0bridge installation.

They sent me some of the application and general installer PDF files that I didn't see on their website that really helped answer some questions for me. I've attached them to this post for others to see.

The application document outlines three scenarios for coding the m0bridge unit if the vehicle isn't precoded.

Quote:
The vehicle must be activated or enabled (“retrofit coding”) for CDC by proper equipment.

1st Best option for retrofit coding for aftermarket equipment: locate an Autologic tester for BMW (www.autologic.us or www.autologic-diagnos.co.uk ). The Autologic tester can retrofit code the car for CDC. Some earlier 5-series and 6-series can also be software updated for MP3/CD capability (take iPod extension…BMW-F).

2nd Best option: the BMW / MINI dealer (e.g., BMW DIS tester) can retrofit code the car for CDC using an actual factory/dealer-fit CDC in place while coding (most dealers only willing to do this if customer pays for CDC install) Then install mObridge in place of the CDC.

3rd Best option: in some cases, the BMW DIS tester and a skilled tech may be able to retrofit code the car without having the actual CDC and even with the mObridge installed in the system as CDC. As of Jan-2009, consult mObridge for latest software that has BMW diagnostic software capability that allows for easier retrofit coding by the dealer even using the mObridge piece as CDC.
Based on my conversation with m0bridge support, the same scenarios are true for the bluetooth mULF module as well.

Quote:
One of the advantages of Autologic is there are some retrofit coding routines that don't require the factory Bluetooth nor CDC to be in there.
If the shop has updated to the latest Autologic software, there are now some specific functions, even mObridge buttons in the coding menus to facilitate
this.

For most of the CIP updates and the retrofit coding of anything on the MOST bus, it requires the optical head attachment to the Autologic, which it's come to our attention many shops don't yet have. So make sure the shop has that or gets ahold of one.
The way I understand this is that you can goto a shop have the m0bridge retrofit coded on for bluetooth and CDC and then install the m0bridge unit afterwards.

They really recommend you find a shop with an Autologic available to do the coding/retrofit because Autologic already has the m0bridge specific activation steps in the newest software and can bring it online fairly quickly.

Otherwise, you'll have to find a BMW dealer willing to attempt the work and with a tech skilled enough in the DIS/GT1/SSS software to handle the coding.

I hope this helps resolve some of the other thread posters reservations, as I had the same reservations, on how to install the m0bridge unit.

I think I might be trying this option as soon as I get a chance to talk to the guys here at Treehouse Racing in Nashville (one of the shops I've found with an autologic) and see if they'd be willing to do the retrofit coding for me.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf 090208_mObridge_BMW_Genera...pdf (640.6 KB, 140 views)
File Type: pdf 090410 mObridge APPLICATIO...pdf (169.1 KB, 456 views)