European Auto Source
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > FZD swap

01-01-2016, 05:52 PM   #1

Drives: 2010 E90 335i, AW MSport

FZD swap

I have an early manufacture 2006 330i with sport and premium package, and I've run into a couple of issues with components that are controlled by the FZD.

The issues I'm running into are:
  • No overhead-interior lights working (at all)
  • Airbag and seatbelt warning lights (not illuminated on FZD)
  • Moonroof non-responsive

I've searched long and hard to for people running into the same issues, but I haven't found any that had any real solutions. During this search, however, I found someone that suggested that BMW had a faulty batch of FZD's with feb-march 05 manufacture dates. That same post seemed to point at the FZD being the issue.

Post #6 at this forum post is where I found the only mention of the faulty FZD.

I have taken it into a shop, and the only code the car was throwing was for the seatbelt, but the tech didn't seem too sure about what the cause could be.

I'm trying to find another FZD for a car with the same options as mine, but I'm also not sure if this is plug and play or if it would need to be coded to my car. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 07:13 PM   #2
Major General

Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

I'm not sure on this specific module but you should be able to code a new or used module to your car using sg_reset in ncsexpert. Check out the stickies in the coding section.

Edit- did a quick search you can code it to your VO using ncsexpert. To write the vin to the module you need to use winkfp. If it's like the frm module writing the vin isn't important.
Appreciate 0