E90Post
 


MINHS Auto Care Center
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY- Trims wrap with CF fabric



Comment
 
Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Soni's Avatar DIY- Trims wrap with CF fabric
Soni
12-18-2008
1. Cut the fabric to the size of the trims...(make sure the wave direction are all go same way before you cut, and make sure you leave about 1" longer on all sides of the trims.
...
  #154  
By FoShizzle on 11-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Thanks Mike! The second link doesn't mention anything about him removing his airbag though. You think it's possible to swap the trim without removing the airbag? That would be awesome!
That trim he has pictured is different than the regular sport trim. I don't know about you, but mine has silver accent pieces on the sides. I'm 99% that the airbag has to be removed. Once you figure out where the slots are on the back of the wheel, removing the airbag is a snap. I didn't even have to disconect the wires to it.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
By Soni on 11-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus99 View Post
Hey, has anyone decided to wrap the trim on the steering wheel? I saw some pics in another thread by BavarianX that had done it, but it's disappeared... Was wondering how you get the trim off the wheel.
LT has done it for a member
Reply With Quote
  #156  
By NiVeDh on 11-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Reply With Quote
  #157  
By k8dgr8 on 11-20-2009, 11:45 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Talking

yo i just finished mine!!! thanks to you guys for this great DIY!!!! ill post pics soon!!!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
By Soni on 11-22-2009, 06:56 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by k8dgr8 View Post
yo i just finished mine!!! thanks to you guys for this great DIY!!!! ill post pics soon!!!
Nice!!
Reply With Quote
  #159  
By Car54 on 11-23-2009, 10:52 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 87%
I have a couple spots that didn't stay tacked down, like around the vent opening and the ashtray opening. I can push them down, but it only stays for a couple hours. If I pull the pieces apart would I be able to repair that section, meaning would it be tacky or hardened?
Reply With Quote
  #160  
By Soni on 11-23-2009, 05:46 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
I have a couple spots that didn't stay tacked down, like around the vent opening and the ashtray opening. I can push them down, but it only stays for a couple hours. If I pull the pieces apart would I be able to repair that section, meaning would it be tacky or hardened?
You might be ok to just repair that section. It depends on how much adhesive you used first time. May not enough and thats why it is lifting. try to spay another layer of adhesive and wait until they almost dry before you stick it down. Worst case is you just have to redo the how pieces. Good luck!
Reply With Quote
  #161  
By cheweihu on 11-29-2009, 01:09 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Need help guys, I really had a hard time with 1) upper clip of main vent , 2) the right hand side wire of AT..

1) I pried out the lower side of clips of main vent, for the uppers,,, the angle is just a bitch... I have no idea how to pry them out..

2) From other thread someone said just left-right motion to set those plugs free, but for the right-hand-side one, it is located in opposite position and hard to leverage...(I broke little part of the edge of the plug...)
Reply With Quote
  #162  
By cheweihu on 11-29-2009, 05:13 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweihu View Post
Need help guys, I really had a hard time with 1) upper clip of main vent , 2) the right hand side wire of AT..

1) I pried out the lower side of clips of main vent, for the uppers,,, the angle is just a bitch... I have no idea how to pry them out..

2) From other thread someone said just left-right motion to set those plugs free, but for the right-hand-side one, it is located in opposite position and hard to leverage...(I broke little part of the edge of the plug...)
Finally done these.....but stuck in removing ashtray lid...
Reply With Quote
  #163  
By Car54 on 11-29-2009, 09:30 AM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 87%
For the wires in the main section, I unhooked the harness to give a little more room to work on disconnecting the wires.

Ashtray lid? There's a good write up on just that task around here somewhere.
Reply With Quote
  #164  
By Soni on 11-30-2009, 05:36 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheweihu View Post
Finally done these.....but stuck in removing ashtray lid...
See below link for the DIY ashtray lid. It will give you an idea where the tabs are. Good luck!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186739
Reply With Quote
  #165  
By ElegantSpoon on 12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
Soni I'm am after some of this I will drop you a PM!
Reply With Quote
  #166  
By neo_ on 12-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Where is a good source to purchase the material form? And how much is needed?

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
By ElegantSpoon on 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM
Soni is best! I ordered some on Sunday and it arrived with me today! Thats USA to UK in three days! Top man!!!
Reply With Quote
  #168  
By Soni on 12-10-2009, 12:39 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantSpoon View Post
Soni is best! I ordered some on Sunday and it arrived with me today! Thats USA to UK in three days! Top man!!!
Let me know if you have any question.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
By ElegantSpoon on 12-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Its hard as hell! I've started tonight but going to carry on tomorrow. How do you manage not to get the glue on the finished surface? I get it on my fingers and then onto there its a right pain!
Reply With Quote
  #170  
By Gen_E92 on 12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantSpoon View Post
Its hard as hell! I've started tonight but going to carry on tomorrow. How do you manage not to get the glue on the finished surface? I get it on my fingers and then onto there its a right pain!
LOL i think that happens to everyone for their first time doing it. I've done it many times for other people and it rarely gets messy now.

PS...I'll need more fabrics after x-mas Soni
Reply With Quote
  #171  
By Soni on 12-10-2009, 09:45 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_E92 View Post
LOL i think that happens to everyone for their first time doing it. I've done it many times for other people and it rarely gets messy now.

PS...I'll need more fabrics after x-mas Soni
Just PM me whenever you are ready bro!!
Reply With Quote
  #172  
By Soni on 12-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElegantSpoon View Post
Its hard as hell! I've started tonight but going to carry on tomorrow. How do you manage not to get the glue on the finished surface? I get it on my fingers and then onto there its a right pain!
Dont worry about getting the glue on the finished surface, after you finished, just use some alcohol and wipe the glue off and you are done.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
By Car54 on 12-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
60%60%60%
3
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 87%
The stuff is amazingly resilient. Not sure how many times I've dumped coffee out of the joke of a cup holder onto the trim pieces. Wipes up with no issues as well.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
By Soni on 12-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
80%80%80%
4
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
100%100%100%
5
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
100%100%100%
5
Average 93%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car54 View Post
The stuff is amazingly resilient. Not sure how many times I've dumped coffee out of the joke of a cup holder onto the trim pieces. Wipes up with no issues as well.
glad to hear no issues!!
Reply With Quote
  #175  
By E92-Lighting on 12-24-2009, 03:07 PM
Member reviews
Difficulty [ 1 = Difficult ]
20%20%20%
1
Cost [ 1 = Expensive ]
20%20%20%
1
DIY Clarity [ 1 = Not clear ]
20%20%20%
1
Average 20%
great diy guide
Reply With Quote
Comment

Bookmarks

Tutorial Tools Search this Tutorial
Search this Tutorial:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST