E90Post
 


TNT Racewerks
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Hawaii > Hawaii Chat Thread ...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-18-2009, 12:25 PM   #243
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
I was not able to get a appointment till the 31st so I'll see if I can get the window % checked before I go in.

I see all types of modded cars with no Recon sticker ... I wonder how they get the safety check?

Thanks again for the info
Where'd you get your car tinted? They should have a light meter and can test it for you. Or any tint shop should have one for that matter.
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #244
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
Where'd you get your car tinted? They should have a light meter and can test it for you. Or any tint shop should have one for that matter.
Got it done at Midnight ... So the tint needs to be in the 35-28% range?
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #245
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Got it done at Midnight ... So the tint needs to be in the 35-28% range?
I think 28% is the least amount of light that is acceptable. They should be able to confirm.
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-18-2009, 11:14 PM   #246
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
I think 28% is the least amount of light that is acceptable. They should be able to confirm.
Okay I'll call them to confirm ... Thanks!
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-19-2009, 12:34 PM   #247
MrChessy
Magical Pill...
 
MrChessy's Avatar
 
Drives: wreckless
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Smallville

Posts: 12,775
iTrader: (2)

__________________
MrChessy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-21-2009, 11:52 PM   #248
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

.... AT&T was down all day today
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 04:32 AM   #249
SnEeKy4LiFe
Second Lieutenant
 
SnEeKy4LiFe's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 226
iTrader: (4)

Hey guys just want to give you guys a head up on the front windshield tinting that done by T&T tinting.. it is total illegal to have it on your car. I just talk to one of my friends and he said that no safety check station going to pass you with that tint on your car. It called Air Blue front windshield.. He said that any station that going to pass it is going to get in big trouble.. So watch out for it.. Dont believe T&T tinting.. they just want to take your money..
__________________
Sneeky4life
'06 330i, SG, ZSP, ZPP, Blackline Taillight, 20" Vossen CV3, M3 front and rear..
SnEeKy4LiFe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 11:35 AM   #250
nickstin
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 AW E92
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
.... AT&T was down all day today
It was okay at Waipahu/Ewa....not so at Pearlcity/Aiea.
nickstin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 02:12 PM   #251
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEeKy4LiFe View Post
Hey guys just want to give you guys a head up on the front windshield tinting that done by T&T tinting.. it is total illegal to have it on your car. I just talk to one of my friends and he said that no safety check station going to pass you with that tint on your car. It called Air Blue front windshield.. He said that any station that going to pass it is going to get in big trouble.. So watch out for it.. Dont believe T&T tinting.. they just want to take your money..
Sucks that they have to lie to get more $$ ... Hope they refund and remove the tint.
That is why I always go to Ronald at Midnight for tint ... One man show type of shops have always done the best jobs for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstin View Post
It was okay at Waipahu/Ewa....not so at Pearlcity/Aiea.
I should have never left Verizon ... I just had to get a iPhone
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 02:21 PM   #252
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,258
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEeKy4LiFe View Post
Hey guys just want to give you guys a head up on the front windshield tinting that done by T&T tinting.. it is total illegal to have it on your car. I just talk to one of my friends and he said that no safety check station going to pass you with that tint on your car. It called Air Blue front windshield.. He said that any station that going to pass it is going to get in big trouble.. So watch out for it.. Dont believe T&T tinting.. they just want to take your money..
So what is the reason that it won't pass? I thought it was supposed to be pretty much undetectable to the naked eye.
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 06:39 PM   #253
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
So what is the reason that it won't pass? I thought it was supposed to be pretty much undetectable to the naked eye.
Good question
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #254
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

So I threw on the new wheels and I'm gonna take a few quick pics today ... Anyone wanna join up and get some coffee or Jamba?

** It will be around 7:30ish ~8:00

** I'll be at the Alakawa Best Buy parking lot ... Far right side.

Last edited by 808E90; 07-22-2009 at 11:05 PM.
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 11:07 PM   #255
MediaHI
Lieutenant
 
MediaHI's Avatar
 
Drives: everyday
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: far far away

Posts: 449
iTrader: (6)

Jumba!
__________________
MediaHI is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 11:10 PM   #256
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack328iE92 View Post
Jumba!
Are you back?
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 11:35 PM   #257
nickstin
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: '08 AW E92
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 245
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
So I threw on the new wheels and I'm gonna take a few quick pics today ... Anyone wanna join up and get some coffee or Jamba?

** It will be around 7:30ish ~8:00

** I'll be at the Alakawa Best Buy parking lot ... Far right side.
Got your message...I'll try. We need to go to Costco anyways. We may as well make it the Alakawa location.
nickstin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-22-2009, 11:38 PM   #258
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickstin View Post
Got your message...I'll try. We need to go to Costco anyways. We may as well make it the Alakawa location.
Cool ... It will be great to see all the guys again
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #259
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

too bad, read this too late. tint on the front windshield has always been illegal, no matter how light. I guess if it's so light that the safety check station doesn't see it, you may luck out and they might pass you.
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 03:02 AM   #260
SnEeKy4LiFe
Second Lieutenant
 
SnEeKy4LiFe's Avatar
 
Drives: E90
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 226
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
So what is the reason that it won't pass? I thought it was supposed to be pretty much undetectable to the naked eye.
The law state that you may tint up to the AS-1 mark but not below it. Try Check out the T&T tinting websit they have a link to the hawaii law.
__________________
Sneeky4life
'06 330i, SG, ZSP, ZPP, Blackline Taillight, 20" Vossen CV3, M3 front and rear..
SnEeKy4LiFe is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 03:22 AM   #261
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnEeKy4LiFe View Post
The law state that you may tint up to the AS-1 mark but not below it. Try Check out the T&T tinting websit they have a link to the hawaii law.
Ohhh ... Like a strip?

Yeah I thought you could to do that
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 12:47 PM   #262
spyderco10
Colonel
 
spyderco10's Avatar
 
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Honolulu, HI

Posts: 2,425
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808E90 View Post
Ohhh ... Like a strip?

Yeah I thought you could to do that
yeah the strip at the top is legal, but anything lower than that is not
__________________
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
- John 3:16
spyderco10 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-23-2009, 01:57 PM   #263
808MGuy
Colonel
 
808MGuy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Oahu, Hawaii

Posts: 2,258
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
too bad, read this too late. tint on the front windshield has always been illegal, no matter how light. I guess if it's so light that the safety check station doesn't see it, you may luck out and they might pass you.
Just checked the spec on that film. It only passes 78% of the light so technically it is a tint and therefore would be illegal. I thought the light passage was much higher (like 95%+) but at 78% it would be very noticeable even without puting a light meter on it. Fail for TNT
__________________
09 E90 M3 - Interlagos Blue / Black Novillo / Sycamore Anthracite / Eibach / HRE

808MGuy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-30-2009, 05:07 PM   #264
808E90
808E90
 
808E90's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 ///M
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aloha State

Posts: 4,019
iTrader: (21)

Finally watched F&F ...
808E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:19 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST