E90Post
 


 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Pairing Motorola Razr V3c...



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2006, 01:38 PM   #1
Yip-Yip
Enlisted Member
Yip-Yip's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: '06 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Pairing Motorola Razr V3c...

... Anyone having problems with their mot v3c ??? I got it from Verizon and the freaking phone connects whenever it wants to!!! :mad: What to do??? H.E.L.P!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 04:23 PM   #2
pfdirkse
New Member
1
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: E90 320i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Grimsby UK

iTrader: (0)

Just bought V3x, works perfect with my ED90 320i, including phinebook transfer with all numbers per entry. Really good
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 07:57 PM   #3
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Me too- I have a service appointment to perhaps update my car's software- which i understand can be the culprit. We'll see.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2006, 09:48 PM   #4
Yip-Yip
Enlisted Member
Yip-Yip's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: '06 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Let me know mreloc... I am gonna try getting a new phone first, but I've tried with another one and I really think it's the car... it might need an update...
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Costa's Avatar
2
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

There are basically two versions of V3 - the older and the newer ! Easiest way to tell is if you have a black or silver one. Black definitely works. The other way to tell is when you got the phone - Post July/Aug 2005 seems to be OK. You may need to upgrade your firmware otherwise.

There are also multiple versions of the car's software - anything built before September 2005 has been reported to have "issues". As far as version numbers go, anything beyond CIP version 20 seems to be OK.

Hope that helps.
__________________
325i auto | Saph Blk | PDC | Sunroof | Prof Nav | BiXenon | SS | Logic7
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 02:15 AM   #6
London320d
Second Lieutenant
London320d's Avatar
England
2
Rep
275
Posts

Drives: '06 E90 320dSE
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa
There are basically two versions of V3 - the older and the newer ! Easiest way to tell is if you have a black or silver one. Black definitely works. The other way to tell is when you got the phone - Post July/Aug 2005 seems to be OK. You may need to upgrade your firmware otherwise.

There are also multiple versions of the car's software - anything built before September 2005 has been reported to have "issues". As far as version numbers go, anything beyond CIP version 20 seems to be OK.

Hope that helps.
There are many more than two versions of RAZR, and different phone firmware issues to consider as well.

The BMW literature only lists the V3 as compatible, not the V3c or other newer variants. Even then the V3 is only compatible with newer firmware (ok, the good stuffs been around for a while now!). On the empirical side V3c users seem to be reporting similar compatibility to V3 users.

As for basic V3, Black/Silver does not in itself prove/disprove compatibility, but the Black was released later and is more likely to already have compatible firmware (they may all have it - I don't know).

Checklist:
CAR : Progman (CIP) 20 or later
Phone: Firmware compatible (for basic V3 this is version 40 or later)
Phone settings: (report from anothther member): Auto Handsfree=ON


There are many V3c users here say in all is OK, and a few with issues. It would be very useful if reports stated the phone firmware version. We may be able to form a picture then.

Useful resources. www.hellomoto.com - software updates for your phone, if your area has been set up for it.
motorola.howardforums.com - THE place for motorola information - they've probably never heard of an E90 however!
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 03:56 AM   #7
Costa
Second Lieutenant
Costa's Avatar
2
Rep
203
Posts

Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Australia

iTrader: (0)

London - I did not mean to imply that there are literally two versions of the phone ... As you have correctly pointed out, there are many revisions, and still more enhancements of the firmware probably still being made.

The point at which Motorola released the black version of the V3 was a significant peg in the sand - ask any mobile phone salesperson. Motorola did not at that point stop producing the silver variety ... in fact there are even pink ones now ... Once again, this is an easy way to tell if you have a newer or older one.

For the record my S/W version is: R374_G_0E.42.07R_A ... whatever that means !


Note also that my car originally had CIP 19.1 and all bluetooth functionality worked fine. I got upgraded to CIP 20 when I got MP3 retrofitted (still works like a charm).
__________________
325i auto | Saph Blk | PDC | Sunroof | Prof Nav | BiXenon | SS | Logic7
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 08:17 AM   #8
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by London320d

The BMW literature only lists the V3 as compatible, not the V3c or other newer variants. Even then the V3 is only compatible with newer firmware (ok, the good stuffs been around for a while now!). On the empirical side V3c users seem to be reporting similar compatibility to V3 users.
Not sure what literature you're referring to, but the BMWUSA website lists the v3c as compatible under Verizon. I've tried to two Verizon v3c's and neither connect reliably. Both phones have the latest firmware installed per the Verizon rep.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 10:10 AM   #9
vladinecko
Brigadier General
vladinecko's Avatar
United_States
93
Rep
3,907
Posts

Drives: '11 E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.50]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
i had absolutely no problems pairing my V3c with the car. if do everything correctly, it should recognize it right away.
__________________
2011 E92 M3 - IB/Beige/Sycamore Wood/6MT/EDC/ZPP2/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/iPod-USB/Enh. Audio
2008 E92 335i - Montego Blue/Black/Gray Poplar/6MT/ZPP/ZSP/Nav/PDC/Heated Seats/HDRadio/iPod-USB - Sold
2006 E90 330i - Mystic Blue/Black/Aluminum/6MT/ZPP/iDrive/PDC/Heated Seats/Sat. Prep - Sold
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 09:11 PM   #10
steve40704
-
steve40704's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
56
Posts

Drives: e90 m3
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: NH

iTrader: (0)

ditto vladinecko. i always leave to phone in BT mode and never have a problem.
__________________
e90m3|dct|jerez|silver|cf|loaded
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2006, 11:34 PM   #11
moonzappa
New Member
moonzappa's Avatar
0
Rep
18
Posts

Drives: 330i Arctic/Beige
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Santa Maria, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Check what version of software does your V3c is currently loaded. My S/W version is GATW_01.0F.03 and it works perfectly! I bought my phone back in Feb 2006.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 02:10 AM   #12
London320d
Second Lieutenant
London320d's Avatar
England
2
Rep
275
Posts

Drives: '06 E90 320dSE
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa
London - I did not mean to imply that there are literally two versions of the phone ... As you have correctly pointed out, there are many revisions, and still more enhancements of the firmware probably still being made.
sorry - I didn't mean to sound harsh, but did need to point out that things weren't quite that simple. Without pointing that out so clearly, it would be easy to misread your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa
For the record my S/W version is: R374_G_0E.42.07R_A ... whatever that means !
The relevant part of that version string is the "42". for a plain V3 anything above 40 is good. Is your phone a V3 or V3c?. To me the string looks like a plain v3, but I'm not sure. If the V3 and c use the same firmware then it would probably be safe to assume 40+ is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreloc
Not sure what literature you're referring to, but the BMWUSA website lists the v3c as compatible under Verizon. I've tried to two Verizon v3c's and neither connect reliably. Both phones have the latest firmware installed per the Verizon rep.
I was referring to a detailed Gemain list posted here several weeks ago - I've just looked at the bmwusa website and the v3c is listed as is the v3, but without any of the provisos (limited testing warning & reqd s/w vers.) that were against the V3 on the German list. hmmmmmmmmmm...........
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 05:03 AM   #13
LMBlau
Matador
LMBlau's Avatar
Spain
0
Rep
43
Posts

Drives: Golf GTI, E90 320d
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Spain

iTrader: (0)

I just bought a v3 (Black) and I canīt get the bluetooth to stay permanently on, it goes off in 60 seconds, I have to reconnect every time I get in my car.
My old T610 would connect automaticaly.
Thanks for your help.
__________________
E90 - 320d - ///M - Lemans Blau
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 08:01 AM   #14
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzappa
Check what version of software does your V3c is currently loaded. My S/W version is GATW_01.0F.03 and it works perfectly! I bought my phone back in Feb 2006.
I have s/w version GATW_01.15.04 and it connects intermittently, about 50% of the time I turn on the car. I had the .03 version of the s/w when I purchased my phone in April 06, had the problem, so I upgraded to the .04 version. This is why I'm thinking it's a car s/w issue. My build date was 9/05, so I'm hoping CIP 20/21 will resolve. We'll see next Monday.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #15
London320d
Second Lieutenant
London320d's Avatar
England
2
Rep
275
Posts

Drives: '06 E90 320dSE
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: London, England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMBlau
I just bought a v3 (Black) and I canīt get the bluetooth to stay permanently on, it goes off in 60 seconds, I have to reconnect every time I get in my car.
My old T610 would connect automaticaly.
Thanks for your help.
Auto Handsfree on? Car software version - see above.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #16
Yip-Yip
Enlisted Member
Yip-Yip's Avatar
United_States
0
Rep
36
Posts

Drives: '06 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

LMBLAU:

How do you reconnect??? When my phone does not automatically do it, I try to do it manually and it says connected, and immediately switches to disconnected...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
S62FAN
New Member
S62FAN's Avatar
1
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly area

iTrader: (2)

V3C pairing

I recently got two Verizon RAZR V3C's, and neither one would pair, except maybe one out of ten times. I had the dealer install the latest S/W in our 325, which was built around 10/05. They both work perfectly now. There are TSB's from BMW on this Bluetooth connectivity issue, so go talk to your SA, and everything should be fine after a software upgrade on your car.

This is my first post, BTY
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 08:46 AM   #18
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S62FAN
I recently got two Verizon RAZR V3C's, and neither one would pair, except maybe one out of ten times. I had the dealer install the latest S/W in our 325, which was built around 10/05. They both work perfectly now. There are TSB's from BMW on this Bluetooth connectivity issue, so go talk to your SA, and everything should be fine after a software upgrade on your car.

This is my first post, BTY
Thanks S62- I have my fingers crossed that this will work, since my build date was 9/05, and you have Verizon as I do. Now I have to talk my SA into not keeping my phone for a day or two like they said they would have to.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2006, 10:32 PM   #19
sblument
Lieutenant
sblument's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
427
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Champaign, IL

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via ICQ to sblument Send a message via AIM to sblument Send a message via Yahoo to sblument
took delivery of my car 3/23 (build date was about 1.5 months earlier, and bought my motorola razr v3 black a few weeks later. no issues.
__________________
2006 330i, SP, PP, fold down rear seats, sparkling graphite, black leather, metallic trim.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #20
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Well, took my car in for service and a hopeful s/w update that would address my bt issues. Even though my build date was 9/05, the service advisor is claiming there is no s/w update to address my bt connection issues... not too happy at the moment :mad:
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #21
S62FAN
New Member
S62FAN's Avatar
1
Rep
27
Posts

Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Philly area

iTrader: (2)

Print out the TSB on this problem

Print out a copy of the TSB on this issue. Then hand it to your friendly local SA. If they realize that you've done research on your problem, especially if it is intermittent, it goes a long way. I found the link on this site, so do a search.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2006, 08:43 AM   #22
mreloc
Private
1
Rep
69
Posts

Drives: E93, past: E90, E46, E36, E30
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S62FAN
Print out a copy of the TSB on this issue. Then hand it to your friendly local SA. If they realize that you've done research on your problem, especially if it is intermittent, it goes a long way. I found the link on this site, so do a search.
It looks like TSB 852505, or 840506, or 840906 could apply just by their description- anyone know where I can find the actual TSB to print out?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:38 PM.




e90post
e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST