E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > HPFP



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2009, 01:46 AM   #1
jdink
Major
 
jdink's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

HPFP

__________________
jdink is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 02:21 AM   #2
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,537
iTrader: (11)

i am sorry, whats HPFP again ? people seem to be mentioning that all the time but i keep forgeting to ask what it is. everyone seems to be complaining about it.
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Z22Z
Lieutenant
 
Z22Z's Avatar
 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

Posts: 536
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
i am sorry, whats HPFP again ? people seem to be mentioning that all the time but i keep forgeting to ask what it is. everyone seems to be complaining about it.
high pressure fuel pump. N54s are notorious for having their hpfps go out. to the OP, sorry to hear yours got messed up too. how long until they fix it?
Z22Z is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 02:58 AM   #4
jdink
Major
 
jdink's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

not sure... the dealership was closed when it died. having it towed there tomorrow morning.
__________________
jdink is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 03:18 AM   #5
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,537
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22Z View Post
high pressure fuel pump. N54s are notorious for having their hpfps go out. to the OP, sorry to hear yours got messed up too. how long until they fix it?
merci cavatanem so are the 09's going to have the same problem or did they already fix it already ?
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 03:41 AM   #6
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
 
scollins's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e70 X5 35d
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Renton, WA

Posts: 2,345
iTrader: (3)

Is this the first PNW'er to have their HPFP go out? I don't recall reading about another one yet......
__________________
Scott
2010 E70 X5 35d
Alpine White on Black with Dark Bamboo trim
ZAP | ZCW | ZPP | ZPS | ZRC | ZTP | 322 | 328 | 330 | 386 | 4AZ | 4UB | 655 | 6FL | 6NF
2008 Ducati 1098S Red naturally....
scollins is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
      01-10-2009, 03:48 PM   #7
jdink
Major
 
jdink's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E90 335i 6MT
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Portland, OR

Posts: 1,334
iTrader: (0)

so i went to meet the tow truck this morning and i tried to start the car up and it took a little bit but it got going. turned it off, then back on and it started fine. was able to drive to the dealership instead of having it towed, which might not have been the safest choice but at least i didn't have to have it towed.

anyways, i still think that it's the fuel pump. the guy suggested it might be an electrical issue except the car turns over, just doesnt have anything to keep it going so it stutters and dies. hopefully i'll have an update soon once they check it out.
__________________
jdink is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
 
asdflkijd's Avatar
 
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Seattle, WA

Posts: 5,503
iTrader: (14)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdink View Post
so i went to meet the tow truck this morning and i tried to start the car up and it took a little bit but it got going. turned it off, then back on and it started fine. was able to drive to the dealership instead of having it towed, which might not have been the safest choice but at least i didn't have to have it towed.

anyways, i still think that it's the fuel pump. the guy suggested it might be an electrical issue except the car turns over, just doesnt have anything to keep it going so it stutters and dies. hopefully i'll have an update soon once they check it out.
Doesn't sound like a HPFP problem.. Keep us updated, btw whats the reading on your odometer
asdflkijd is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2009, 12:31 AM   #9
Z22Z
Lieutenant
 
Z22Z's Avatar
 
Drives: WRX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Glendale, CA

Posts: 536
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by godora View Post
merci cavatanem
lmaooo nice.


to the OP, if your car started fine the second time around, then it doesn't sound like a fuel pump. when mine went out every time i tried to start it the starter would go for a while before things got turning.
Z22Z is offline   Armenia
0
Reply With Quote
      01-11-2009, 03:15 AM   #10
Bimmer Nerd
I | L Photography
 
Bimmer Nerd's Avatar
 
Drives: on the track
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Los angeles, ~818~ | San Diego, La Jolla

Posts: 7,537
iTrader: (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z22Z View Post
lmaooo nice.


to the OP, if your car started fine the second time around, then it doesn't sound like a fuel pump. when mine went out every time i tried to start it the starter would go for a while before things got turning.
lol yea armenian girls teach me some shit once in a while
Bimmer Nerd is offline   Georgia
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST