E90Post
 


Evolve Automotive
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Ceramic Brake Pads



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
dbstang
My Car is a HYBRID! It burns gas and rubber.
 
dbstang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
Ceramic Brake Pads

Has anyone actually switched over to Ceramic brake pads?? How do they perform and have you seen a reduction in brake dust.

I have seen that Hawk offers ceramic what do you guys think.

The brake dust is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
330i/Monaco Blue/Beige lth/SP/PP/Nav/Heated Seats/Sat Prep
dbstang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
bavarian19
General
 
bavarian19's Avatar
 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

Posts: 18,811
iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstang
Has anyone actually switched over to Ceramic brake pads?? How do they perform and have you seen a reduction in brake dust.

I have seen that Hawk offers ceramic what do you guys think.

The brake dust is driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arent these pads much better in the brake dust department than the E46???


I dont think the brake dust is terrible...
bavarian19 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
 
andrew 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

Posts: 955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstang
Has anyone actually switched over to Ceramic brake pads?? How do they perform and have you seen a reduction in brake dust.

I have seen that Hawk offers ceramic what do you guys think.

The brake dust is driving me nuts!!!
i just received my new front & rear pads via ups today. now i just need the car... its on the water.

i had used hawk pads on many of my bmws in the past but...


i now use "rotex gold" kevlar dust-free pads... no squeals or noise at all...ever.

part numbers: D394 (front) $75.00 / D683 (rear) $70.00

~ same part number as e46 M3.

i purchased them thru: brakeworld.com
andrew 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #4
Artz 330
Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 2,486
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew 330i
i just received my new front & rear pads via ups today. now i just need the car... its on the water.

i had used hawk pads on many of my bmws in the past but...


i now use "rotex gold" kevlar dust-free pads... no squeals or noise at all...ever.

part numbers: D394 (front) $75.00 / D683 (rear) $70.00

~ same part number as e46 M3.

i purchased them thru: brakeworld.com
wow awsome. I used ceramics before, and every car i had them on when they heat up they squeal


so these will fit? Available Parts And Accessories for a 2005BMW M3

Items found for ROTEX GOLD KEVLAR

E46 Location: Front Rear
Price: $75.00 (Axle Set) $70.00 (Axle Set)
1 2 3 4 5


1 2 3 4 5










Other Available Parts And Accessories for a 2005 BMWM3




Items were also found in the Category: Brakes / Rotors
__________________
Artz 330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2006, 06:53 AM   #5
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
 
andrew 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

Posts: 955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330
wow awsome. I used ceramics before, and every car i had them on when they heat up they squeal.


so these will fit? Available Parts And Accessories for a 2005BMW M3

Items found for ROTEX GOLD KEVLAR

E46 Location: Front Rear
Price: $75.00 (Axle Set) $70.00 (Axle Set)


Other Available Parts And Accessories for a 2005 BMWM3


Items were also found in the Category: Brakes / Rotors
yep... a direct bolt on.

i have them sitting in my garage... waiting for the new 330 to arrive in a week or so. i can take a pic of the pads if you wish (front & rear).
andrew 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2006, 06:58 AM   #6
dbstang
My Car is a HYBRID! It burns gas and rubber.
 
dbstang's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Central NJ

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330I  [0.00]
Andrew which would you reccomend the Hawk or the Rotex???
__________________
330i/Monaco Blue/Beige lth/SP/PP/Nav/Heated Seats/Sat Prep
dbstang is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2006, 07:09 AM   #7
Artz 330
Colonel
 
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Lawrenceville, NJ

Posts: 2,486
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew 330i
yep... a direct bolt on.

i have them sitting in my garage... waiting for the new 330 to arrive in a week or so. i can take a pic of the pads if you wish (front & rear).
can you please
__________________
Artz 330 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2006, 03:40 PM   #8
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
 
andrew 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

Posts: 955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbstang
Andrew which would you reccomend the Hawk or the Rotex???
rotex... hands down.
andrew 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-19-2006, 04:01 PM   #9
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
 
andrew 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

Posts: 955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artz 330
can you please.
here they are:





andrew 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 12:08 PM   #10
Snowman811
Black Sapphire 330i
 
Drives: Black Sapphire 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Nor Cal

Posts: 362
iTrader: (1)

Let me get this straight - reduced brake dust, no noise, same braking performance? What's not to like?
Snowman811 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 05:21 PM   #11
andrew 330i
it can never be too clean...
 
andrew 330i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 F31 M Sport Wagon
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: columbus, ohio

Posts: 955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman811
Let me get this straight - reduced brake dust, no noise, same braking performance? What's not to like?
much agreed.
andrew 330i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 02:50 PM   #12
bmwexecutive
Banned
 
bmwexecutive's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,453
iTrader: (4)

I remember hearing from a member on here that the breaking performance isn't exactly the same. For one, you have to push the brake pedal in further to get the same braking power as you would from pushing it in quite a bit less with stock brake pads.
bmwexecutive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 03:13 PM   #13
Carnage
Lieutenant General
 
Carnage's Avatar
 
Drives: people insane
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: classified

Posts: 16,404
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman811
Let me get this straight - reduced brake dust, no noise, same braking performance? What's not to like?
I likee as long as the same performance is there. If the trade off for low dust is slightly less performance, I'll live with the dust.
Carnage is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 03:17 PM   #14
bmwexecutive
Banned
 
bmwexecutive's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: East Coast

Posts: 2,453
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matsarge
I likee as long as the same performance is there. If the trade off for low dust is slightly less performance, I'll live with the dust.
My thoughts exactly.
bmwexecutive is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST