E90Post

PYSPEED

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Second UK Meet - Sign Up Here!

08-22-2006, 03:22 PM   #287
vivekk
THE Viv

Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
baudfighter good to speak to you sunshine obviously suffolk is nowhere near you..... I now realise this.....nevermind perhaps next time I am closer to your area we can meet up and get lashed.

just back from Suffolk/Essex/Norfolk/Cambridgeshire, you are right mate they do have loads of lorries, tractors, machinery toddlingalong....fine lookign beasts they are too!!!!!!! Lots of JD's (John Deere for less initiated)

But what about their combine ARRRvesters, plenty of them around as well mainly Holland from the looks of them, I know this sounds weird and a bit anoraky but I like plant and machinery, it flicks me switch so in a forrest gump sort of way I would love to be a tractor driver bringing in the Harvest if I was loaded.... hopefully you all remember him striping the lawns on his mower.

Another good thing about East Anglia is the great roads and the opportunities for overtaking I have had a great time this last day or so in me 320d its all about torque on these windy roads.

Ok this Pads the e90post roving UK reporter signing out.

SORTED
I really hope you turn up at UK2, Pads.

I'm thinking about doing some sort of 'crazed BMW news reporter' video, with you in the lead role!

All the best.

Viv

vivekk is offline   England
      08-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #288
SRT
Second Lieutenant

Drives: BMW 5 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw
The answer is no, whatever you meant as no big towns nearby really!
Oh, well tough
SRT is offline   United Kingdom
      08-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #289
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Looking at Paul's (1stnewcar) thread about ecu re-mapping, I was seriously wondering if others attending UK2 would be interested in a 're-map' group buy?!

I could get in touch with Simon at e-maps to see what could be sorted out, but we will need DEFINITE numbers, with some hard cash as evidence! (I wonder if he'd think about sponsoring us???!)

We would also need to sort out meet timing etc for the day, if it were to happen.

All the best.

Viv

08-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #290
booforty
Major General

Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Pads, I've traded in my E90 and I've got a brand new Combine ARRRvester and I'll give you the key....! Sorry been to the pub! About time we got leathered
booforty is offline   United Kingdom
      08-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #291
paddywac
Private First Class

Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to paddywac
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Pads, I've traded in my E90 and I've got a brand new Combine ARRRvester and I'll give you the key....! Sorry been to the pub! About time we got leathered
Firmly!!
      08-23-2006, 03:26 AM   #292
booforty
Major General

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Looking at Paul's (1stnewcar) thread about ecu re-mapping, I was seriously wondering if others attending UK2 would be interested in a 're-map' group buy?!

I could get in touch with Simon at e-maps to see what could be sorted out, but we will need DEFINITE numbers, with some hard cash as evidence! (I wonder if he'd think about sponsoring us???!)

We would also need to sort out meet timing etc for the day, if it were to happen.

All the best.

Viv
Viv, are you thinking of getting your 330i chipped?
      08-23-2006, 03:53 AM   #293
- Paul -
Major General

Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [5.00]
2005 645  [4.50]
Quote:

All the best.

Viv
Count me in - I think it would be worth trying DMS and antandpete too. Not sure if all the "chippers" do petrols though??
      08-23-2006, 04:29 AM   #294
booforty
Major General

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
I seems that e-maps also chip the petrol E90's but I'm not sure what the cost is.
      08-23-2006, 01:21 PM   #295
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stnewcar
Count me in - I think it would be worth trying DMS and antandpete too. Not sure if all the "chippers" do petrols though??
DMS are a lot more expensive (apparently), antandpete only do diesel, so I was thinking about getting in touch with Simon at e-maps about sorting a price for a group buy.

Yes Paul(b)- I was thinking about an ecu re-map, but I firstly want to know if:
- there will be a re-mapping charge if BMW reset the ecu after doing a service / Progman update
- is there any likelihood of engine damage long-term
- what fuel consumption improvements can I expect, if any
- what actual torque & hp remap figures are available for the 330i petrol engine

I'll give Simon at e-maps and DNS a call tomorrow to sort some prices for a UK2 group buy.

From what I've seen, a 'normal' diesel e-maps re-map price is around £300, an 'equivalent' DNS charge is £1000!

I'll try & get some accurate quotes tomorrow.

Please post if you are interested in having an ecu re-map during UK2.

Viv

08-23-2006, 01:52 PM   #296
booforty
Major General

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes I'm interested but subject to the info you are seeking plus clarity on price for the 330i petrol.
      08-23-2006, 02:09 PM   #297
mjh93sa
Major General

Drives: M135i

Garage List
Too be honest I think about such things, like re-maps, bigger wheels and styling mods... and then think, but that's bigger wheels or some tasty mods on an E90/91 that bit sooner.

When I was getting the springs done an E91 brochure just happened to fall into my hands... and since the CD changer started skipping I've got another chance to ogle next week when they replace that.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
mjh93sa is offline   England
      08-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #298
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa
Too be honest I think about such things, like re-maps, bigger wheels and styling mods... and then think, but that's bigger wheels or some tasty mods on an E90/91 that bit sooner.

When I was getting the springs done an E91 brochure just happened to fall into my hands... and since the CD changer started skipping I've got another chance to ogle next week when they replace that.
You sound like you are just hoping for a series of unfortunate events, Matt!

BTW- you will still be known as 'Lemony Snicket' on the UK2 register, won't you Matt?

Viv

08-23-2006, 02:43 PM   #299
mjh93sa
Major General

Drives: M135i

Garage List
Quote:
You sound like you are just hoping for a series of unfortunate events, Matt!

BTW- you will still be known as 'Lemony Snicket' on the UK2 register, won't you Matt?

Viv
thought it made sense to get the usernames in line with the number of UK folks now on E90Post and BMWLand.

Call me whatever you want Big G. Hope the weather's good so I can get some . Need to get a few more E91's along, as despite the massive numbers that the US folks can gather, they never seem to have many Tourers.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman
Now: M135i with lots of toys
mjh93sa is offline   England
      08-23-2006, 04:03 PM   #300
WhiteHartMart

Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
DMS are a lot more expensive (apparently), antandpete only do diesel, so I was thinking about getting in touch with Simon at e-maps about sorting a price for a group buy.

Yes Paul(b)- I was thinking about an ecu re-map, but I firstly want to know if:
- there will be a re-mapping charge if BMW reset the ecu after doing a service / Progman update
- is there any likelihood of engine damage long-term
- what fuel consumption improvements can I expect, if any
- what actual torque & hp remap figures are available for the 330i petrol engine

I'll give Simon at e-maps and DNS a call tomorrow to sort some prices for a UK2 group buy.

From what I've seen, a 'normal' diesel e-maps re-map price is around 300, an 'equivalent' DNS charge is 1000!

I'll try & get some accurate quotes tomorrow.

Viv

I've been looking into a DMS remap for sometime now - the cost for my 320d remap is 699 inc vat from memory. The added benefit of the DMS route is that they will give a 3 year warranty so that any work that BMW don't approve (should they find the remap) is covered.

Also, I should expect a 5% improvement in economy due to the extra torque and finally they offer to remap the car again for free should your dealer wipe the map off the ecu!

I would have really been interested in getting mine done at UK2 but am away at that time - should have mine DMS'd next week now!

Good luck with organising a deal - I've been dealing with Mike Cooper at DMS if it helps!
      08-23-2006, 04:06 PM   #301
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteHartMart
I've been looking into a DMS remap for sometime now - the cost for my 320d remap is 699 inc vat from memory. The added benefit of the DMS route is that they will give a 3 year warranty so that any work that BMW don't approve (should they find the remap) is covered.

Also, I should expect a 5% improvement in economy due to the extra torque and finally they offer to remap the car again for free should your dealer wipe the map off the ecu!

I would have really been interested in getting mine done at UK2 but am away at that time - should have mine DMS'd next week now!

Good luck with organising a deal - I've been dealing with Mike Cooper at DMS if it helps!
Thanks for the info- I'll give Mike a call tomorrow.

Viv

08-24-2006, 10:26 AM   #302
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
UK2: ECU re-map GROUP BUY

Hi everyone.

I spoke today to Mike Cooper at DMS Automotive & Simon at e-maps.
I was on the phone to both of them for about 20 minutes each & they were both very helpful indeed.

I could talk for ages about our conversations, but I can't bothered, so there's a summary, below!

I was, & I still am very serious about this group buy, so if you really are serious about having this work done on your car at UK2, then please make sure you are happy with the cost & the details involved.

We can then decide which of these two companies to choose- they provide ecu updates to BOTH diesel & petrol engines.
With DMS, there is some potential to have our meet & our experience of their 'chipping' to be featured in a future BMW Car magazine article!

DMS & e-maps aren't worried about receiving a deposit before carrying out the work, but I am.
So I am going to say some deposit will need to be paid before the day of the meet, to ensure you do bother turning up at all & to ensure you get the work done to your car!
In my opinion, if anyone pays a deposit & doesn't turn up without a reason, then their deposit should go into the 'curry fund', which will go toward the evening meal for the rest of us!

In my experience, the worst thing possible is for a whole load of people saying '..no problem...we're coming & we want the re-map...' & none of them turning up or bothering to say they can't come.

OK- I've got my flame suit on now, so flame away boys & girls!

Viv

PDF- Re-tuning info.pdf

Last edited by vivekk; 03-21-2007 at 03:09 PM.
      08-24-2006, 12:28 PM   #303
Chris33
Second Lieutenant

Drives: 320d M Sport

Viv, excellent work!

I'm really interested in the DMS re-map.

Did they mention how many times they would re-write the ECU if BMW did a software upgrade?
Le Mans blue/ black leather with Aluminum trim/ privacy glass/ xenon's/ black line rear lights/ OEM 18inch M Sport wheel upgrade/ PDC/ blue tooth/ Hi-Fi speaker system/ heated front seats/ storage pack/ auto lights+wipers/ green sun strip/ OEM boot spoiler/
external mirror package.
Chris33 is offline   United Kingdom
      08-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #304
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris33
Viv, excellent work!

I'm really interested in the DMS re-map.

Did they mention how many times they would re-write the ECU if BMW did a software upgrade?
Chris, DMS told me they will do an unlimited No of remaps, if there is a need, free of charge.
However, they believe there is little likelihood for this, unless BMW specifically need to assess the DME (ECU) in order to find a fault, or as part of a DME upgrade- they think there is little risk of this happening.

Chris, please can you sign up for UK2, if you really are interested, as this offer will only be available to those attending the meet.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 08-24-2006 at 02:53 PM.
      08-24-2006, 02:16 PM   #305
jhbodle
Captain

Drives: F20 125d M Sport

Garage List
Ooh a group remap! Could you get him to provide a list of the power and torque gains for the E90 models (especially the 325i! )
      08-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #306
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle
Ooh a group remap! Could you get him to provide a list of the power and torque gains for the E90 models (especially the 325i! )
I might Jay, if you put your name down for UK2!

Also, to anyone else interested in this group re-map- please sign up to UK2, as this offer is only open to those attending the meet.

Viv

Last edited by vivekk; 08-24-2006 at 02:54 PM.
      08-24-2006, 03:22 PM   #307
jhbodle
Captain

Drives: F20 125d M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
I might Jay, if you put your name down for UK2!

Also, to anyone else interested in this group re-map- please sign up to UK2, as this offer is only open to those attending the meet.

Viv
Lol i'll see what I can do! Gotta see if I can get the time off work.

-Jay
      08-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #308
vivekk
THE Viv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhbodle
Lol i'll see what I can do! Gotta see if I can get the time off work.

-Jay
Do it Jay- you know you want to!

BTW- e-maps basic figures for the e90 325i:

BHP: 218 -> 230
Torque: 250 -> 270

Viv