E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > DC Metro Meet 5/21/06 Pics - 56k beware



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-27-2006, 08:26 AM   #287
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
" Congratulations!, thats literally Passport BMW giving the shirt off their back! "
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-30-2006 at 10:53 AM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 08:31 AM   #288
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
" Its times like this that makes its all worthwhile, being with the e90 fanatics!"
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-28-2006 at 09:07 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 08:44 AM   #289
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
" This matches and goes well with my shoes! I'll take it!"
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-28-2006 at 07:18 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 09:28 AM   #290
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by geeslice
No I have a compressed work schedule. SoI work 9 hr days and have every other friday offf.... today is my friday.
Damn. Must be nice. I work 11 - 12 hour days and I'm lucky when I don't have to work over the weekend.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 10:27 AM   #291
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Damn. Must be nice. I work 11 - 12 hour days and I'm lucky when I don't have to work over the weekend.
gee works for a fed govt defense contractor
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 10:29 AM   #292
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
LEDZEP's Avatar
191
Rep
12,277
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Area 51

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I guess that explains it.... although my neighbor does too and he often gets his turn in the barrel.
__________________


I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 10:34 AM   #293
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Damn. Must be nice. I work 11 - 12 hour days and I'm lucky when I don't have to work over the weekend.

I do the same, but I get some good vacation time to compensate
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 10:55 AM   #294
bavarian19
General
bavarian19's Avatar
United_States
233
Rep
18,815
Posts

 
Drives: Car
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VA

iTrader: (23)

Dani has started up our chat thread... lets use it...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20874
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #295
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Just got in...long week in Orange County . I see this thread grew while i was away

Ase: Was wondering if Yves and/or Peter can share some or all of the pictures they took and we canshare high-res pics as well...I know they took tons (well, at least Yves did) and would like to see them posted here as well.

I expect to see other regional meets along the same lines as ours (i.e. dealer or corporate backed/sponsored) so definitely a 'first' by us
welcome back!

Not only the first, but seems like DC Metro folks meets are never boring!
... and thats due to the specials guys and gals that makes it happen.

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-28-2006 at 08:53 PM.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 12:40 AM   #296
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Ase: The socal-norcal meet looks like its going to be a model meet...we should take notes. On the flip side, looks like they've taken notes from our meet, as well, as they have commissioned for special plates

I hope we can work/proceed soon on that big idea for the next meet in summer ... ... that really big and exciting one us core consipirators talked about
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 12:49 AM   #297
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

I need to start handing out flyers to E90s I see on the road.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 12:54 AM   #298
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I need to start handing out flyers to E90s I see on the road.
Shoot I had that idea...I am actually working on a plan to invite a handful of euro spec e90s (diplomatic cars) to attend a meet or something, gonna send faxes or flyers within the community and see who bites. Also I may know someone who is ordering a euro-spec from germany. How sweet it'll be to have a RHD euro spec e90 at our next meet.... Add that to our sonora/terra driving member...
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 12:57 AM   #299
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Shoot I had that idea...I am actually working on a plan to invite a handful of euro spec e90s (diplomatic cars) to attend a meet or something, gonna send faxes or flyers within the community and see who bites. Also I may know someone who is ordering a euro-spec from germany. How sweet it'll be to have a RHD euro spec e90 at our next meet.... Add that to our sonora/terra driving member...
What the? What do you do?!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 01:07 AM   #300
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
I know of about 3 euro spec RHD e90s running around DC...from the UK and Irish embassies, so its just a matter of faxing out invites/flyers through the usual channels. Will try to locate other euro spec e90s...someone I know is deciding on ordering a euro-spec RHD e90 through BMW diplomatic sales and/or Passport BMW, have ordered the brochure for her. I have diplomatic sales brochures for MBs...I love looking at them, loads of cool options. In general, RHD exacts about a 1,500 euros premium on the price of the car and you can add specs specific to the country you wish to ultimately bring your car to e.g. tropical spec etc

Shim, as I mentioned I work for a diplomatic mission...
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 01:15 AM   #301
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
I know of about 3 euro spec RHD e90s running around DC...from the UK and Irish embassies, so its just a matter of faxing out invites/flyers through the usual channels. Will try to locate other euro spec e90s...someone I know is deciding on ordering a euro-spec RHD e90 through BMW diplomatic sales and/or Passport BMW, have ordered the brochure for her. I have diplomatic sales brochures for MBs...I love looking at them, loads of cool options. In general, RHD exacts about a 1,500 euros premium on the price of the car and you can add specs specific to the country you wish to ultimately bring your car to e.g. tropical spec etc

Shim, as I mentioned I work for a diplomatic mission...
Do you have those cool diplomat plates?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 01:26 AM   #302
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Do you have those cool diplomat plates?
I don't have one on the e90, as I am not on a diplomatic visa, I am on permanent local posting as per my contract and permanent residence status. State dept issues those plates according to your visa status (A1 visa), but my office ride does ... they're a dime a dozen around DC though, nothing special. You don't even get preferential treatment with the local gentry and parking enforcers...well maybe just a touch
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 01:30 AM   #303
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
shimshimhada's Avatar
United_States
87
Rep
4,839
Posts

 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
I don't have one on the e90, as I am not on a diplomatic visa, I am on permanent local posting as per my contract and permanent residence status. State dept issues those plates according to your visa status (A1 visa), but my office ride does ... they're a dime a dozen around DC though, nothing special. You don't even get preferential treatment with the local gentry and parking enforcers...well maybe just a touch
Do you think you can get me one?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2006, 01:36 AM   #304
KL2DC
Moderator
KL2DC's Avatar
United_States
196
Rep
17,753
Posts

 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Do you think you can get me one?
plates are property of the U.S. Dept of State...sorry. Even the used ones have to be returned to them. I don't think they're cool looking, they look ordinary...
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2006, 06:59 AM   #305
ase2dais
//Mdicted
ase2dais's Avatar
United_States
126
Rep
9,874
Posts

 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

iTrader: (17)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Ase: The socal-norcal meet looks like its going to be a model meet...we should take notes. On the flip side, looks like they've taken notes from our meet, as well, as they have commissioned for special plates
I hope we can work/proceed soon on that big idea for the next meet in summer ... ... that really big and exciting one us core consipirators talked about
We all been taking notes from each other, but most have taken from us

Washington DC e90'er aside from being a transient are also very diverse, so getting them together takes a little bit of work.
Im just impressed that DC Metro has produced some quality meets like Poldim had mentioned.

Lets gather up some good thoughts for the next one, geeslice mentioned bratwurst, let me add currywurst, knockwurst, and bloodwurst to Poldims idea of a picnic. Maybe have a German theme, come dress in german costumes. Maybe rattle up the M3 or M5 groups to really make it memorial.
Bring activities likes horseshoes, bikes and music.

Euro-specs okayyyyyyyy! Maybe someone can solicit a tire and tuner specialty shop to add to the sponsor list, ie. Currys. and invite celebreties like Redskins QB or Joe Gibbs, Im sure he'll return my favor.

You guys did a good job with the plates
Its really a good commemorative
LOOK!
Attached Images
 

Last edited by ase2dais; 05-29-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2006, 08:39 AM   #306
valdeztke
Lieutenant
valdeztke's Avatar
7
Rep
456
Posts

 
Drives: 2008 GTI
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Virginia

iTrader: (0)

Geeslice - Who do you work for?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST