E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts > GB: NON adaptive Euro Xenons



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-26-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 658
iTrader: (4)

$1,600 chip included is up there
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 10:19 PM   #24
c-lee
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

yes i would only buy it with the chip -

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399
Well would you guys still want to buy the chip?

300 dollars seems to be the going price
c-lee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 10:24 PM   #25
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

Ok, Lets get a list of who wants the chip and you guys can paypal me then I can order them for all of us
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 11:05 PM   #26
c-lee
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

hunter - you're not going to wait for a better deal on the lights? I am going to wait for the best deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399
Ok, Lets get a list of who wants the chip and you guys can paypal me then I can order them for all of us
c-lee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-26-2006, 11:14 PM   #27
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

I am going to wait on the lights, I rather just get the chip now and wait on the lights
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 12:27 AM   #28
tl_boy
Major
 
tl_boy's Avatar
 
Drives: tl
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: houston

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (0)

Hunter,

I'm going to buy the lights, install them without chip (give it a shot), and then order the chip if needed to get rid of the error message.

you sound desperate like me, but now is not the time! you'll end up getting ripped off man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399
I am going to wait on the lights, I rather just get the chip now and wait on the lights
tl_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #29
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

Where are you getting the lights from?
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 10:38 AM   #30
diesel007
Not Stock
 
diesel007's Avatar
 
Drives: 325I
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399
Where are you getting the lights from?
He purchased US spec from a member.
__________________
***Wallpaper of the month***

1/1/072/1/07
diesel007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 11:13 AM   #31
tl_boy
Major
 
tl_boy's Avatar
 
Drives: tl
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: houston

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (0)

As much as I love the Euros, i really think they set the car off, i can't really wait for xenons.

I may put overlays on the amber, i know you guys think it looks cheesy, but i just think it will look like a custom eyelid.

I'm hoping to get these things by Tuesday, because I'm going to the tuner anyway to get my springs and wheels installed.

Or, do u guys think I can do a DIY? If its not a lot, i'd rather have a professional install it.
tl_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #32
diesel007
Not Stock
 
diesel007's Avatar
 
Drives: 325I
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
As much as I love the Euros, i really think they set the car off, i can't really wait for xenons.

I may put overlays on the amber, i know you guys think it looks cheesy, but i just think it will look like a custom eyelid.

I'm hoping to get these things by Tuesday, because I'm going to the tuner anyway to get my springs and wheels installed.

Or, do u guys think I can do a DIY? If its not a lot, i'd rather have a professional install it.
Yeah it's hard to pass up xenons for $500 us spec or not. Most aftermarket Xenon kits cost $200-$300 without the headlights.
__________________
***Wallpaper of the month***

1/1/072/1/07
diesel007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #33
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

So you bought them Drew?


It seems like YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE CHIP, so why doesent everyone want it?


The best deal I can get is 295..
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 11:22 AM   #34
tl_boy
Major
 
tl_boy's Avatar
 
Drives: tl
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: houston

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (0)

i don't know when you contacted EVO, but if i wasn't first, i was right after you. I even told Evo, if it falls out with you to let me know, he had standbuy.

Your car will look hot dude.

good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
Yeah it's hard to pass up xenons for $500 us spec or not. Most aftermarket Xenon kits cost $200-$300 without the headlights.
tl_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 12:00 PM   #35
diesel007
Not Stock
 
diesel007's Avatar
 
Drives: 325I
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
i don't know when you contacted EVO, but if i wasn't first, i was right after you. I even told Evo, if it falls out with you to let me know, he had standbuy.
Only way that deal is falling through is if he decides not to sell them and that aint gonna happen because we already agreed on a price.
__________________
***Wallpaper of the month***

1/1/072/1/07
diesel007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 12:09 PM   #36
tl_boy
Major
 
tl_boy's Avatar
 
Drives: tl
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: houston

Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (0)

no, i'm not touching your deal, no fret. I mean i told him this like 2 days ago, just when you made the deal, i'm guessing RIGHT after. the xenons are yours as far as im concerned. And spanx's xenons are mine....

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel007
Only way that deal is falling through is if he decides not to sell them and that aint gonna happen because we already agreed on a price.
tl_boy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 12:17 PM   #37
diesel007
Not Stock
 
diesel007's Avatar
 
Drives: 325I
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 2,774
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 325  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tl_boy
no, i'm not touching your deal, no fret. I mean i told him this like 2 days ago, just when you made the deal, i'm guessing RIGHT after. the xenons are yours as far as im concerned. And spanx's xenons are mine....
I didnít mean it like that.

Cool cool, hey good luck with your install Drew. Post lots of pics.
__________________
***Wallpaper of the month***

1/1/072/1/07
diesel007 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-27-2006, 11:01 PM   #38
c-lee
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

When there is a good deal out there, i will buy everything all at once...only one person has used the chip so far right? and that person lives in indonesia - do the cars have different specs from asia and the us?
c-lee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #39
infrno4
Private
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VEGAS

Posts: 87
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to infrno4 Send a message via Yahoo to infrno4
longtran just got his up and goin, i didnt hear nothing about a chip. id be in for a gp for the lights, but no chip.
infrno4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #40
Dankim10
Major
 
Dankim10's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 325i AW
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Indonesia - Bogor

Posts: 1,200
iTrader: (6)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Dankim10 Send a message via MSN to Dankim10 Send a message via Skype™ to Dankim10
I think my euro spec should be same as U.S.(except the amber thing and turn signal light)
I'm the second guy who install xenon headlight in Indonesia.
First guy was erick and he introduced me where to buy it.

I got info from the local shop that he had error message when installing
xenon, so I think(assume) he had to replace the chip? I will ask the guy what happened and I will advise you guys the result.

For me, the installation went very well and no problem at all.(just replacing chip=control unit)

I don't know whether the control unit can turn off the warning sign or not, but you guys need to bring the car to dealer to remap it. That would solve your problems.

First, I used to install aftermarket HID kit, but I had many problems like burnt my control unit and had to replace it. It cost $400. Also, the HID light is too strong that bothers other cars. Buying OEM xenon light was right decision for me and I'm happy with it.
__________________
Blackline | Euro Xenon Headlight | Brex white ring | Breyton spoiler | ACS roof spoiler | 19" HRE C20 19x8.5, 19x9.5, with Michellin PS2 tires | Authentic GruppeM intake | Authentic M-technik full kits | 3D Studie front Lip | Hamann Quad Exhaust | Hamann Mtech rear Diffuser | Piaa HID kit for foglight | KW Street comfort suspension
Dankim10 is offline   South Korea
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 08:09 AM   #41
Hunter399
Major General
 
Hunter399's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by infrno4
longtran just got his up and goin, i didnt hear nothing about a chip. id be in for a gp for the lights, but no chip.

What?
Hunter399 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #42
infrno4
Private
 
Drives: e90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: VEGAS

Posts: 87
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to infrno4 Send a message via Yahoo to infrno4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter399
What?
I would buy the lights, but I wouldnt be interested in the chip. Ive only read one post about needing to get a new chip as well.
infrno4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 01:29 PM   #43
c-lee
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California

Posts: 114
iTrader: (0)

lot of people talk about "remapping" but when i go to the dealer here in the US - they don't know about a "remapping" ability for xenon. At least that has been my experience in So cal and i think one other person went and talked to their SA and also got the same response about the remap...

dankim - did you get yours remapped? If so, do you think you can find out the exact details?



Quote:
Originally Posted by dankim10
I think my euro spec should be same as U.S.(except the amber thing and turn signal light)
I'm the second guy who install xenon headlight in Indonesia.
First guy was erick and he introduced me where to buy it.

I got info from the local shop that he had error message when installing
xenon, so I think(assume) he had to replace the chip? I will ask the guy what happened and I will advise you guys the result.

For me, the installation went very well and no problem at all.(just replacing chip=control unit)

I don't know whether the control unit can turn off the warning sign or not, but you guys need to bring the car to dealer to remap it. That would solve your problems.

First, I used to install aftermarket HID kit, but I had many problems like burnt my control unit and had to replace it. It cost $400. Also, the HID light is too strong that bothers other cars. Buying OEM xenon light was right decision for me and I'm happy with it.
c-lee is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      05-28-2006, 03:07 PM   #44
E90Boy
Captain
 
E90Boy's Avatar
 
Drives: 14 F33
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Boston

Posts: 658
iTrader: (4)

This xenon issue is still not solved yet:mad: . It's weird that one person can have it installed and works oem, but another gets error msgs. Do you think it's got something to do with the build date and software dankin?
E90Boy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST