E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > The Stanley Cup Playoff Thread



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-11-2008, 05:10 PM   #1
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

The Stanley Cup Playoff Thread

I cant be the only hockey nut here. My prediction is Sharks over Pens in 6 to win the cup.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 06:39 PM   #2
Rye
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

GO SHARKS!!! Man I hope they can get to the Cup this year. Been waiting a long time.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #3
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

go wings
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:38 PM   #4
Red135
La Flama Blanca
Red135's Avatar
18
Rep
1,545
Posts

 
Drives: 1-series
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Abq, NM

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
I cant be the only hockey nut here. My prediction is Sharks over Pens in 6 to win the cup.
I agree with your choice of teams, but I would like to see it go the other way.

LETS GO PENS!

Screw you Versus for only televising one of the first 4 games!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:51 PM   #5
nordique14
Major
No_Country
21
Rep
1,455
Posts

 
Drives: SGM 135i 'vert
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sharks Territory

iTrader: (3)

Go Sharks!!!!

My head will explode if they win the cup.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
InsaneSkippy's Avatar
20
Rep
1,598
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to InsaneSkippy Send a message via MSN to InsaneSkippy
Well, my favorite team is Ottawa, but there's no chance of them winning. They've got 3 of their best players on the injured roster.

Historically teams that get to the Cup Finals don't do well the next year.

I don't like the Habs, so I guess I'd like to see the Devils take it this year.
__________________

Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 01:53 AM   #7
Rye
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

NHL needs to pick up another television affiliate to air games. Yes, the players strike screwed them over, but c'mon, it's picked up with so many great players to watch now.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 04:22 PM   #8
Road Runner
Lieutenant
8
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

GO FLAMES GO!
__________________
Le Mans Blue 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2008, 07:06 PM   #9
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
GO FLAMES GO!
They shoudl focus on hockey, rather than complaining about what they consider poor refereing, which is a joke in of itself.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 08:41 PM   #10
Road Runner
Lieutenant
8
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
They shoudl focus on hockey, rather than complaining about what they consider poor refereing, which is a joke in of itself.
Seriously?

We took a couple of stupid penalties that were our fault but a couple were also pretty shitty calls. The ref'ing in game 1 versus game 2 was like night and day. The refs should just back off and let them play the game, just like they did in game 1. I'm sure you could agree with that.

Lets not make this a subjective pissing contest where we trash each other's teams. There's enough of that already.

Anyways, the stats say its your team's year. Flames are the underdog in the series but I have faith and I think it'll be a good series however it goes and it'll be a lot more even than most people have said. Its good hockey.
__________________
Le Mans Blue 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:15 PM   #11
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

GO WINGS
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 09:27 PM   #12
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Flames should be really pissed off at "the puck" for going into the net 3 times in under 4 minutes.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2008, 11:01 PM   #13
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
Seriously?

We took a couple of stupid penalties that were our fault but a couple were also pretty shitty calls. The ref'ing in game 1 versus game 2 was like night and day. The refs should just back off and let them play the game, just like they did in game 1. I'm sure you could agree with that.

Lets not make this a subjective pissing contest where we trash each other's teams. There's enough of that already.

Anyways, the stats say its your team's year. Flames are the underdog in the series but I have faith and I think it'll be a good series however it goes and it'll be a lot more even than most people have said. Its good hockey.
I was at game one, that high stick that Phaneuf scored his goal on, never happened. The calls in game one were awful, the calls in game two were justified, the flames got frustrated, and started with the cheap shots and they got called on all of them. Not to mention there wasn't a major boarding call on Pahneuf when he boarded Marlaeu nor was there a major on Sarich for the Elbow to Marleau, infact, the flames got a power play on that too. You cant honestly tell me this series has not been biased on a whole towards the flames. Besides, what kind of classless coach blameas the refs rather then the poor effort by his team?
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 05:41 AM   #14
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Go Flames.... What a come back!
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 09:23 AM   #15
Road Runner
Lieutenant
8
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

That really was a hell of a game!

Did anyone else catch NJ-NY? Man I can't stand Sean Avery.

__________________
Le Mans Blue 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 10:07 AM   #16
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0002s View Post
Go Flames.... What a come back!
All predicated on two dirty hits.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #17
Road Runner
Lieutenant
8
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
All predicated on two dirty hits.
The Phaneuf hit wasn't dirty, and was definetly NOT boarding. I agree that sometimes when a player is trying to prevent an icing and are battling to get to the puck with another player, it can get dangerous. That would be a good argument for the no-touch icing, but they were both movin down the ice quick and Phaneuf chose to take the man and not the puck which is hockey.

The Sarich hit is Sarich's style especially if you ever saw him in the minors. I guess some people thought it was kind of iffy because maybe he had his shoulder up, but thats why when you play hockey you learn pretty quick that if you have the puck, you NEVER PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN. Sorry buddy but a good hit doesn't mean its a dirty hit.

Props to Marleau though for getting up right away on both, that shows a lot of toughness and character.
__________________
Le Mans Blue 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:04 AM   #18
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road Runner View Post
The Phaneuf hit wasn't dirty, and was definetly NOT boarding. I agree that sometimes when a player is trying to prevent an icing and are battling to get to the puck with another player, it can get dangerous. That would be a good argument for the no-touch icing, but they were both movin down the ice quick and Phaneuf chose to take the man and not the puck which is perfectly fine.

The Sarich hit is Sarich's style especially if you ever saw him in the minors. I guess some people thought it was kind of iffy because maybe he had his shoulder up, but thats why when you play hockey you learn pretty quick that if you have the puck, you NEVER PUT YOUR HEAD DOWN. Sorry buddy but a good hit doesn't mean its a dirty hit.

Props to Marleau though for getting up right away on both, that shows a lot of toughness and character.
Phaneuf baorded Marleau, he hit a defensless player, playing the puck, from behind and drilled his head directly into the boards. And Sarich put his elbow into Marleau's face and almost broke his nose, then somehow the flames ended up with a power play. That was a dirty hit, you cannot lead with your elbow, period. That should have been five and a game miscounduct. That was not a good hit, it was a dirty hit.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #19
Jewpac
Marty Turco Hater
12
Rep
768
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Feb 2008

iTrader: (0)

The definition of boarding:

Boarding
Boarding occurs when a player is facing the boards and an opposing player checks him from behind so that he is violently crushed into the boards. A player can be assessed either a minor or major penalty for boarding, and in many cases more severe penalties or suspensions will be assessed, because players can be very badly hurt from this. If a player is bent over and is slammed into the boards, he can suffer a concussion or even a broken neck, so players and officials alike frown heavily upon players who commit boarding.

Explain to me how the hit on Marleau by Phaneuf does not meet that definition.
__________________
135i, Alpine White, Taupe Leatherette, iPod USB adaptor, 6MT

Delivery Wednesday 5/7
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:49 AM   #20
0002s
Mein Führer! I can walk!
0002s's Avatar
16
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bunker

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
All predicated on two dirty hits.
1st hit was..."a little dirty" to the extent that it wasn't done with intent. It was borderline boarding.
2nd hit was...CLEAN...he should have had his head up. Welcome to pro hockey

Those 2 hits didn't cause Sharks to try to protect the lead. The Sharks caused themselves to try to protect their lead. Calary just out played them.

Sharks need to win the next one or it's going to be tough to get "the mo" back.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #21
Road Runner
Lieutenant
8
Rep
469
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Aug 2007

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewpac View Post
The definition of boarding:

Boarding
Boarding occurs when a player is facing the boards and an opposing player checks him from behind so that he is violently crushed into the boards. A player can be assessed either a minor or major penalty for boarding, and in many cases more severe penalties or suspensions will be assessed, because players can be very badly hurt from this. If a player is bent over and is slammed into the boards, he can suffer a concussion or even a broken neck, so players and officials alike frown heavily upon players who commit boarding.

Explain to me how the hit on Marleau by Phaneuf does not meet that definition.
Thanks for the definition but Marleau wasn't face into the boards. He went sideways into the boards (like you're supposed to) when Phaneuf laid him out. Certianly wasn't the cleanest hit, but if you're telling me that Marleau didn't turn his skates and body to be perpendicular to the boards at least a few feet from the end to stop then you're telling me that he doesn't know how to skate.

It looked brutal, I agree. And between collisions like that and players losing their edge and falling hard into the boards when they're trying to prevent (or gain) an icing call, thats why there is a debate for the no touch icing.
__________________
Le Mans Blue 135i
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #22
Rye
Private First Class
1
Rep
117
Posts

 
Drives:
Join Date: Apr 2008

iTrader: (0)

Sharks need their star players to contribute. So far, it's all been Clowe who's looks to be the one doing a ton of work.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST