E90Post

GetBMWParts

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Levin BMW in Schererville, IN

01-25-2009, 06:46 PM   #1
Railgun
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: FD, CBR600RR, R56 JCW

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Thumbs down Levin BMW in Schererville, IN

So I have had my own issues with the quality of work from Levin's service department for a while now. I won't go into the history of it for the purpose of my sanity, but for the record, we'll just say that everything I've had done on my car to date has not been much more than half-assed work.

This particular instance has got me really ticked now.

Some time ago, I had an electrical issue which would cause the instrument cluster to have all gauges dip to zero, then pop back up as well as receiving an electrical system malfunction message on the iDrive. The issue was apparently tracked to a DSC module, but they also replaced the instrument cluster.

Today, I noticed a screw sitting in the cubby (for lack of a better term) right next to the trip odo reset button. WTF? Well, long story short, there is no sign of the second one and the cluster came right out with a little tug as nothing's securing it.

The last couple service appointments I've made have been at Orland Park BMW and thus far, it seems to be a MUCH better operation there. I'm going back to Levin tomrrow to ream the hell out of them as this is wholly unacceptable.

Whether the tech that worked on the car for this issue is still there I can't say, but either way, that kind of shoddy work belongs in Joe's fix-u-up, not a f'n BMW dealership.

I can only assume that this crap work is the cause of my car turning into a rattle can. Sad to say that my previous car, an 03 Mazda 6 with ~80k on the odo was much more solid and had ZERO rattles when I sold it.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
Railgun
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Send a message via ICQ to Railgun Send a message via AIM to Railgun Send a message via MSN to Railgun Send a message via Yahoo to Railgun Send a message via Skype™ to Railgun
Holy shit now I'm pissed!

So on the recommendation of a friend of mine, I took the car back over to Orland Park BMW to re-address the WG rattle and that power oscillation mentioned in other threads, among other things.

So I had Levin do the WG SIB (dated last Spring) this past August. After which I ended up with a power oscillation, among other things. I had tried to get them to address this but they claimed that while my exhaust was on, they wouldn't do anything. I indicated that the exhaust was on before they touched it and things were good to go, but they still refused. I didn't want to take the time to revert to stock, so I lived with it for a while. Recently, the WG rattle has come back and become obnoxious to the point of embarrasment so I took it to Orland to address that and the above.

Well, they just called back saying that the car was put back improperly. Well no f'n crap! The WG assembly was loose, found something else hanging and the thermostat wire was cut. (And the car wasn't complaining?)

I don't have all the details, but I will get all that when I pick the car up next week. Needless to say, I asked for them to completely document everything they found as I'm slapping that on the service managers and owner's desk at Levin. I'm completely done with that dealership and I highly recommend to have service done elsewhere.

And also needless to say, BMW NA will have a nice, long letter about this dealership.
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
Railgun
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Well...other dealerships are hearing other things about Levin above and beyond this suit from BMWNA.

Needless to say, tough for them.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/loc...42ef521d6.html
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
jopa489
BMW/Detailing Addict
United_States
Rep

Drives: Estoril F30 335i 6MT

Wow, that's just embarrassing.

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
zhangzeyuandss
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 e92 MW m3

Send a message via AIM to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via MSN to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Yahoo to zhangzeyuandss Send a message via Skype™ to zhangzeyuandss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Well...other dealerships are hearing other things about Levin above and beyond this suit from BMWNA.

Needless to say, tough for them.

http://www.nwitimes.com/business/loc...42ef521d6.html
just about the time to do my service .... and i was about to call levin to make an appointment .since i am picking up my friend at IN today.. wow , BMW is suing them. Another bad dealership

2011.5 mineral white e92 zcp 6mt m3
Appreciate 0