E90Post

TireRack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Philippe Khan South Bay BMW(Southern California)

06-27-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
tdm12017

Drives: Montego Blue 335i

Philippe Khan South Bay BMW(Southern California)

now that i got my car, i can finally post this review of my client advisor, Philippe Khan, of south bay BMW (Southern California)
I first started looking for a car by driving around different dealerships, meeting Client Advisors seeing what I could find. But I guess I look young or something (I’m 29), but out of the 3 dealerships near me and my work, no one took me seriously. I came in my business casual work clothes, nothing. A Client Advisor at Rusnak in Westlake wouldn’t even let me test drive a car. Gave me some excuse about not people able to sell the car that had mileage on it. Needless to say I walked out very disappointed. I even contacted the Client Advisor that my parents bought a car from last November , and he gave me the run around. So in true form of my generation, I hit the net to find a dealer. I found Bimmerfest, and the general consensus was, if you live in SoCal, call Philippe Khan, south bay BMW.

When I first contacted Philippe about purchasing a car, I knew that he would be the one to sell me my car. Right off the bat, I sent Philippe a list of what I was looking for in a car, and he mentioned that we would have to order it. No problem on my part, since I was expecting it. He was very up front with everything, never tried to give me any fluff. In his email he was direct; here’s what I can offer you, here’s the msrp, here’s the price I can get you. I mentioned that I had some extra money to put down, he recalculated, and I sent in an app to lock in April rates.

I finally put my order in May 9th. Not sure what strings he pulled, but he got my car in production quick, because ten days later, my car was finished. Got her on a boat, and I received my new 335i coupe yesterday, 6/26.

I walked in, met with Philippe; he showed me around the car, walked my through setting up my Bluetooth, and all that other jazz. We had been emailing back and forth and he was always prompt with his responses. He reviewed the lease terms with me, during our emails I had giving him different scenarios but never agreed to one, so he had all those printed out, and it was simply a matter of picking the correct one out.

He sent me to the financing area where I met with Josef, who was very good at explaining the tire/wheel packages and other protection plans they had in place. Spent about 20 minutes getting the paperwork handled and that was it.

Philippe Khan is the best Client Advisor that I’ve had the experience of meeting and working with. His communication skills, friendliness, and willingness to work with customers are some of the many reasons that make him a great Client Advisor. I look forward in doing business with him again in the future, and highly recommend him to others looking for an ultimate driving machine of their own.

335i Coupe - Montego Blue, black dakota leather, gray poplar trim; prem;sports;navi;ipod;comfort;pdc.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 05:19 PM   #2
ironjw
Major
United_States

Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to ironjw
Welcome bro! Enjoy your car and let the modding begin!! or not!!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States

Drives: ///M235i

Congrats on the car! +1 on Philippe too- I've heard good things about him on Bimmerfest.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 12:21 AM   #4
EdHermosa
Enlisted Member
United_States

Drives: 2013 E92 335is, Crimson Red

Philippe Kahn is the CA to work with, particularly if you are doing European Delivery. My wife and I signed up the final paperwork on my E92 335i for European Delivery this past Thursday and, as usual, Philippe could not have been more gracious and helpful. He knows his stuff and doesn't play games. And it's not just Philippe. The process to go over the purchase contract numbers with Philippe, then meet with finance to execute the contract took less than an hour. I've never spent less time in a dealership, yet been treated by everyone there as a VIP. Kudos to Philippe and South Bay BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2008, 02:03 AM   #5
Saigon
Brigadier General
United_States

Drives: BSM E92 335i Coupe

Send a message via AIM to Saigon Send a message via MSN to Saigon
yeah he is very good; i was able to get 450 over invoice over at Century BMW, but when asked Phillip to beat it, he could of gotten me 350 over invoice but I had already ordered. My next purchase will probably be from him!
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #6
zibawal
Major
United_States

Drives: 2012 X5D

Any contact info on Phillipe?
Appreciate 0