E90Post
 


GT Haus
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Socal Folks...interested in a karting gtg?



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-18-2006, 01:19 AM   #1
foofighter
Captain
 
foofighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Ford Flex EcoBoost
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The OC

Posts: 815
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to foofighter
Socal Folks...interested in a karting gtg?

Found out that there's a new indoor karting track that opened (dunno how long ago) in Irvine. www.k1speed.com

Apparently there's a facility in Carlsbad and one just opened in Irvine. Apparently the track layout is designed by Boris Said and they use Italian electric karts...not bad...you just dont get the smell and feel of GAS

Anyway, if anyone's interested, just reply to the link CLICK HERE and add your name.

Once we have a good list of people, we can set a time and day. Perhaps setup an endurance race with driver changes? Or just fastest lap gets the glory
Attached Images
 
foofighter is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Collanrf
Major
 
Collanrf's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i, Alpine White M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: San Diego

Posts: 1,102
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to Collanrf Send a message via Yahoo to Collanrf
Here's another one in San Diego. http://www.miramarspeedcircuit.com/index.asp
Kart info:
Made by SODI: the number one indoor kart maker in the world. The karts are designed with hydraulic brakes, custom frames, adjustable seats and pedals, and all around bumper protection. All karts feature a 6.5hp Honda engine and have been hand crafted for Miramar Speed Circuit. Thanks to a special sealant on our asphalt track and the karts soft racing tires, the karts achieve very high cornering speeds. On our straightaway, they can reach speeds up to 40 mph. You must be at least 54’inches tall to drive these karts.
__________________
/// 2011 E90 335i M SPORT, ALPINE WHITE/// STEPTRONIC /// ZENON HEADLIGHTS/// 35% TINTS ALL AROUND /// 19 INCH BBS LM REPS ///BLACKED OUT ROUNDELS /// BLACK OUT GRILLS/// ACS ROOF SPOILER /// M3 REAR SPOILER /// LTMW INSTALLED (VOLLKOMMEN) M SPORT FRONT LIP /// BMS INTAKE///
Collanrf is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 02:20 PM   #3
mava330
Colonel
 
mava330's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
I'm interested man! If my schedule allows I'm there! Never been carting before.
__________________
2007 ///M Coupe Sapphire Black / Black // Extended Nappa Leather // Premium Pckge // Heated Seats // Navigation
RETIRED
2006 330 TiAg / Black
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
mava330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
you all will get worked! Then when were done with the indoor Ill take u to the real kart track and well drive my real go karts..
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 02:30 PM   #5
mava330
Colonel
 
mava330's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
you all will get worked! Then when were done with the indoor Ill take u to the real kart track and well drive my real go karts..
U gotz pics Tyler?!! That sounds kewl brotha!
__________________
2007 ///M Coupe Sapphire Black / Black // Extended Nappa Leather // Premium Pckge // Heated Seats // Navigation
RETIRED
2006 330 TiAg / Black
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
mava330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #6
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
U gotz pics Tyler?!! That sounds kewl brotha!
lots of pics bud! heres just a couple of my last race..
Im #21 in the black/yellow MMK chassis! I got a really good start check it out!
I finished 4th
Attached Images
   
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #7
mava330
Colonel
 
mava330's Avatar
 
Drives: '07 M Coupe
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Bakersfield, CA

Posts: 2,251
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
lots of pics bud! heres just a couple of my last race..
Im #21 in the black/yellow MMK chassis! I got a really good start check it out!
I finished 4th
That looks INSANE!!! :rocks:
__________________
2007 ///M Coupe Sapphire Black / Black // Extended Nappa Leather // Premium Pckge // Heated Seats // Navigation
RETIRED
2006 330 TiAg / Black
2005 S2000 Silverstone / Red/Black
mava330 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
That looks INSANE!!! :rocks:
It is! its pure adrenaline rush the whole way!
For about 3laps i was battling with this 68 kid and we litterly battled dude we were playing bumper cars for 3laps dude his car was so fucked up at the end of the race his side pod and rear exhaust bar were dragging really bad and bent as shit!. My side pod NEW 120$graphics were melted to the pod from his tire running on my pod.. after the race his dad came up to the scales and started yelling at me he almost got his ass kicked...I always seem to piss someone off at every race i go too!
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 03:37 PM   #9
magmd
Major General
 
magmd's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Awwwwwww man....those picks looks freaking awesome!!!!

ahahahahh, yeah man, I can see you pissing people off! LOL!!!!!!!!
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
magmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #10
foofighter
Captain
 
foofighter's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 Ford Flex EcoBoost
Join Date: May 2006
Location: The OC

Posts: 815
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to foofighter
man i so want a kart but i dont think my wife is that understanding where do you go that isnt out in BFE to run your kart though?
foofighter is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
EOE90
Colonel
 
EOE90's Avatar
 
Drives: AW Power
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Laker City

Posts: 2,426
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 3  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to EOE90
yeaa
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by buschy View Post
you cannot buy a M3 for a commuter. it is only to be used on the tract. It drives horrible on the freeway, and is very uncomfortable for any longer then 20 minutes.
EOE90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 06:03 PM   #12
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by magmd
Awwwwwww man....those picks looks freaking awesome!!!!

ahahahahh, yeah man, I can see you pissing people off! LOL!!!!!!!!
Thanks mag u got me rolling dude...Im really a nice guy I promise u that

My wife says my Adhd makes me real narrow minded and It can make out to be an asshole by ignoring people..I dont do it on purpose my brain is just constantly thinking about whats next or something completly off the wall and I lose focus and forgot what the hell i was talking about! Kinda sucks some times. My meds dont work for the life of me so I quit taking them and went a natural route. My doctor says its alot safer too!
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 06:05 PM   #13
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by foofighter
man i so want a kart but i dont think my wife is that understanding where do you go that isnt out in BFE to run your kart though?
just tell your wife its a weekend a month and she can hang out in the camper or motorhome whatever u got u can camp the night before the races..
Its a really cool family thing man they got kids ages 6 and up that race..
Karting is an expensive sport dont mistake that one!
Theres local tracks around La and theres Willow springs 15min from ME.
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #14
magmd
Major General
 
magmd's Avatar
 
Drives: '06 330i
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Torrance, CA

Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (13)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
Thanks mag u got me rolling dude...Im really a nice guy I promise u that

My wife says my Adhd makes me real narrow minded and It can make out to be an asshole by ignoring people..I dont do it on purpose my brain is just constantly thinking about whats next or something completly off the wall and I lose focus and forgot what the hell i was talking about! Kinda sucks some times. My meds dont work for the life of me so I quit taking them and went a natural route. My doctor says its alot safer too!
yeah man....its all about slows things down for others....but much more clear for you!







well...there is a limit to how much clarity though...........
__________________
2006 330i | Black Sapphire Metallic | Step Auto | Navi with iDr | Sports Pkg |OEM Rear Spoiler | 3M CS35 Tint | H&R Sport Springs | Koni Yellows | Advan RS Racing Hypersilver: 19x9 et22 19x10 et20
magmd is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 07:34 PM   #15
longtran
Moderator
 
longtran's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA

Posts: 16,617
iTrader: (105)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
aww man... i always wanted to build one of those. adhd, hook me up foo...
longtran is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 08:10 PM   #16
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
aww man... i always wanted to build one of those. adhd, hook me up foo...
Exactly bro u basically build them every time u race.. I bust it down to the frame and clean it and make sure everything is in perfect working order! Lube the axle bearings, alignment reset back to baseline setup! Then put it back together again!
U could weld a frame together yourself I guess but i dont know how great it will perform!
A good used chassis will cost u 4K with a rotax 125motor(that what i have)
A new one will cost u 6k, Brand new chassis brand new motor!
The Rotax 125 is a highly competitive class and offers classes for different ages and weights..it is the most competitive class due to SEALED ENGINES..the only mods u can do is jetting and chassis adjustments..Some clubs even run spec fuel so its all about how u drive! If anyones intrested I have a couple for sale actually!
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-18-2006, 11:41 PM   #17
longtran
Moderator
 
longtran's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: CA

Posts: 16,617
iTrader: (105)

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHD
Exactly bro u basically build them every time u race.. I bust it down to the frame and clean it and make sure everything is in perfect working order! Lube the axle bearings, alignment reset back to baseline setup! Then put it back together again!
U could weld a frame together yourself I guess but i dont know how great it will perform!
A good used chassis will cost u 4K with a rotax 125motor(that what i have)
A new one will cost u 6k, Brand new chassis brand new motor!
The Rotax 125 is a highly competitive class and offers classes for different ages and weights..it is the most competitive class due to SEALED ENGINES..the only mods u can do is jetting and chassis adjustments..Some clubs even run spec fuel so its all about how u drive! If anyones intrested I have a couple for sale actually!
we need to meet up sometimes and talk about this. i was talking to ksfrogman about building one. 1 blind man following another blind man leads to no where. glad to know you know someting about this go kart. let me know foo.

where did you go after the meet?? i thought you were coming by??
longtran is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-19-2006, 12:38 AM   #18
ADHD
Brigadier General
 
ADHD's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 328i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Magic Mountain

Posts: 4,057
iTrader: (38)

Garage List
07 e90 335  [0.00]
07 335  [0.00]
06 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtran
we need to meet up sometimes and talk about this. i was talking to ksfrogman about building one. 1 blind man following another blind man leads to no where. glad to know you know someting about this go kart. let me know foo.

where did you go after the meet?? i thought you were coming by??
Yea i can show and tell the karts to u guys no problem.. Whatever u need to know about em ill let u know! I am racing at Willow springs next weekend the 24th/25th its just a club race nothing real big but anyones more than welcome to come check it out!

I went to an old friends house that was around the airport and by the time I left it was 7:00 and I was stuck in traffic for ever i didnt get home till 10:00last night! I fucking hate traffic im glad i only deal with it a couple days a month! Thats why I live in the outskirts! No traffic to deal with!
__________________
ADHD is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-20-2006, 08:27 PM   #19
1001
Captain
 
Drives: 06' 325i/08' 350z/09' 128i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San francisco

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mava330
I'm interested man! If my schedule allows I'm there! Never been carting before.

hey mava330, i thought you said you'll come up to nor cal again for some go karting/ meet. we should set it up. someone should organize this. where's danny????
1001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2006, 06:56 PM   #20
18LLC
Major General
 
Drives: e89
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: California

Posts: 5,088
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001
hey mava330, i thought you said you'll come up to nor cal again for some go karting/ meet. we should set it up. someone should organize this. where's danny????
there is one in burlingame. Indoor, very nice. I been there once.:rocks: of coz I won the race. i can scan the result later.

Last edited by 18LLC; 06-22-2006 at 06:42 PM.
18LLC is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-21-2006, 10:49 PM   #21
1001
Captain
 
Drives: 06' 325i/08' 350z/09' 128i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: San francisco

Posts: 830
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18LLC
there is one in builingame. Indoor, very nice. I been there once.:rocks: of coz I won the race. i can scan the result later.
gokartracer right?? been there twice and its the largest indoor track in US. wanna meet up and go??
1001 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-22-2006, 01:43 AM   #22
Minipuck V 2.0
秘書負責保持它真正
 
Drives: 快車
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 在您的母親上面

Posts: 24,955
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1001
hey mava330, i thought you said you'll come up to nor cal again for some go karting/ meet. we should set it up. someone should organize this. where's danny????
OH MAN!!! I smell another norcal socal gathering again??? Come on man! I missed the last one.
Minipuck V 2.0 is offline   No_Country
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST