E90Post
 


TireRack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts > <<< ESS Tuning - Any N54 DME Flash for $750 >>>



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      04-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #89
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
Germany
62
Rep
2,451
Posts

 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus-6 View Post
Looking forward to hearing your impressions!
At the moment I'm primarily looking forward to receiving the DME.

I had hoped for it to have arrived already, but it's still in transit and has left Paris only this evening (what did it do all day in Paris? shopping?). Which means (customs and all) I probably won't be getting it before Thursday. Friday would be disappointing because I'll have difficulties getting it installed that day. We'll see - but I find the postal services are just too slow. Shouldn't take 5-6 days!

Alpina_B3_Lux
__________________
Audi R8 V10; sold: BMW 335i
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #90
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux View Post
At the moment I'm primarily looking forward to receiving the DME.

I had hoped for it to have arrived already, but it's still in transit and has left Paris only this evening (what did it do all day in Paris? shopping?). Which means (customs and all) I probably won't be getting it before Thursday. Friday would be disappointing because I'll have difficulties getting it installed that day. We'll see - but I find the postal services are just too slow. Shouldn't take 5-6 days!

Alpina_B3_Lux
so any feedback?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 04:51 AM   #91
Alpina_B3_Lux
Colonel
Alpina_B3_Lux's Avatar
Germany
62
Rep
2,451
Posts

 
Drives: Audi R8 V10, BMW 330d E91 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 335i  [4.39]
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkish335 View Post
so any feedback?
I got it last Wednesday, had it installed the same day. There are momentarily issues with [EDIT: the electronic differential and the speed limiter] however, the cause of which is not clear right now (could be the flash, could also be something else). I hope it gets sorted out soon.

Alpina_B3_Lux

Last edited by Alpina_B3_Lux; 04-16-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 04:52 PM   #92
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

ess

What will be the differences in gains/torque between stage 3 and 4 assuming that both setups are equipped with VK FMIC and AR catted DPs (beside Forge DVs and VK oilcooler, otherwise stock)? It is possible to estimate the differences in durability (engine, turbos and drivetrain)?

Which stage do you recommend for the above mentioned setup assuming that the car is a daily-driver and therefore a outstanding driveability and smothness is mandatory?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 02:49 PM   #93
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

ESS,

no longer interested in Business?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:13 PM   #94
bulldog x6
Major General
65
Rep
5,022
Posts

 
Drives: x6 panzer
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: probably work

iTrader: (28)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praemienhai View Post
ess

What will be the differences in gains/torque between stage 3 and 4 assuming that both setups are equipped with VK FMIC and AR catted DPs (beside Forge DVs and VK oilcooler, otherwise stock)? It is possible to estimate the differences in durability (engine, turbos and drivetrain)?

Which stage do you recommend for the above mentioned setup assuming that the car is a daily-driver and therefore a outstanding driveability and smothness is mandatory?
you are asking them to estimate the durability of your engine? that is an absurd request. ESS has already stated that stage 4 is at the limit of the turbos, while stage 3 is slightly more conservative - you can draw your own conclusions from how you drive the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #95
Sales@ESS
United_States
13
Rep
394
Posts

 
Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Global

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praemienhai View Post
ess

What will be the differences in gains/torque between stage 3 and 4 assuming that both setups are equipped with VK FMIC and AR catted DPs (beside Forge DVs and VK oilcooler, otherwise stock)? It is possible to estimate the differences in durability (engine, turbos and drivetrain)?

Which stage do you recommend for the above mentioned setup assuming that the car is a daily-driver and therefore a outstanding driveability and smothness is mandatory?
Turkish335 is correct. We tested the Stage 3 heavily with no long-term problems at all. Stage 4 was created at the request of the US market and is pushes the limit of the stock turbos. While it still has endless safety features in place for durability, it is as far as we are comfortable going. We don't feel it will cause problems, but we confirm with each customer that Stage 4 is at their own risk.

Just for reference, my stage 4 made +85whp and +95wtq on 93. It is likely a different intake would open up a few additional ponies as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #96
Praemienhai
Private
Germany
0
Rep
54
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@ESS View Post
Just for reference, my stage 4 made +85whp and +95wtq on 93. It is likely a different intake would open up a few additional ponies as well.
Thank you. But what will be the (estimated) difference in gains between Stage 3 and Stage 4 (assuming same setup incl. FMIC and DPs)? I just want to get a feeling 1. how much the risk of failures is increased 2. if it makes sence to think about stage 4.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #97
orientblue3
Captain
orientblue3's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
864
Posts

 
Drives: RIP 335, Now P30 C63
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: DFW

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to orientblue3
What are you guys insuring your DME for? Does ESS add insurance for you on the return shipping?
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST