E90Post
 


Bimmertech
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > RENN spec



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-04-2009, 11:26 AM   #23
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (4)

I can understand if the part was a custom order, and you have to pay up front for them to make the part for you, then you might not get the deposit back because there was work involved to make the part. But these are mass produced, off-the-shelf parts. If you are any kind of reputable dealer or supplier, you don't get billed until the parts are actually shipped to you.

And this is $100 we are talking about here, not thousands. just think of all the bad publicity this company is getting over a measly $100. Sounds like renn spec is a small time outfit who probably doesn't stock merchandise (or has very little stock) until it's actually ordered by a customer (and smaller dealers can't always match the low prices of a large volume dealer). This is not necessarily bad, but it can make it difficult to move product when you don't always have it in stock. Unfortunately, things like this hurt the small business owner more than a larger one.
mike-y is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 11:35 AM   #24
EdmBimmer
Lieutenant
 
EdmBimmer's Avatar
 
Drives: '10 X5 35d
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Edmonton

Posts: 404
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
I know, it's so extraordinarily different - our two systems, separated by Lake Ontario. It's not even a big lake.

The point is this, a deposit is a promise for a sale. When you negate that promise, you forfeit your deposit. Now, Renn Spec has been exceptionally fair in my opinion. They've offered you credit for the item you wish to purchase (if I understand you correctly). Why are you still attempting to damage their good name?
I'm in Canada and I don't know where you shop.

When I placed my order for an X5d at the dealership no deposit was taken because they didn't have pricing and a delivery date. My wife and I still picked out options and color. As it came close to getting a build date we ended up buying a 535i that was in stock. They asked for a deposit, and I had them tell me and write it out on the Bill of Sale that it was REFUNDABLE. I can understand if we ordered some messed up color with options that wasn't going to be re-sellable that we'd leave a non-refundable deposit for the X5d. But the springs are regular stock that H & R is currently out of. Well, that would tell me demand is high so if I brought it in for a customer and he flakes, I'm sure I'd still be able to sell them.

In the case of the OP, he put down the $100 with no mention from the vendor that it was going to be non-refundable. What are the springs worth, maybe $250-300? Is it really worth the $100 to Renn? I sure hope not. With the way the economy is now they should strive to build customer relations instead of taking $100 for no real work done.
__________________
In the Garage '10 E70 X5d Alpine White LOADED UP - '10 EVO X Wicked White
RIP '08 BMW E60 535i - '06 BMW E90 330i - '05 Acura EL - '98 Honda Prelude - '99 Audi A4 - '02 Honda Civic - '06 Nissan Xterra
EdmBimmer is offline   Canada
0
      02-04-2009, 12:23 PM   #25
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by sc88 View Post
I'm in Canada and I don't know where you shop.

When I placed my order for an X5d at the dealership no deposit was taken because they didn't have pricing and a delivery date. My wife and I still picked out options and color. As it came close to getting a build date we ended up buying a 535i that was in stock. They asked for a deposit, and I had them tell me and write it out on the Bill of Sale that it was REFUNDABLE. I can understand if we ordered some messed up color with options that wasn't going to be re-sellable that we'd leave a non-refundable deposit for the X5d. But the springs are regular stock that H & R is currently out of. Well, that would tell me demand is high so if I brought it in for a customer and he flakes, I'm sure I'd still be able to sell them.

In the case of the OP, he put down the $100 with no mention from the vendor that it was going to be non-refundable. What are the springs worth, maybe $250-300? Is it really worth the $100 to Renn? I sure hope not. With the way the economy is now they should strive to build customer relations instead of taking $100 for no real work done.

yup and now they have all this bad publicity all over my $100 bucks ... really hope this was worth it renn spec !
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #26
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
btw still no reply to my emails yet they have posted on the forum ...
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #27
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
 
AdamJ's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
btw still no reply to my emails yet they have posted on the forum ...
So did you pay with a credit card or not?
AdamJ is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #28
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
So did you pay with a credit card or not?
yes i paid with my cc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterzM View Post
They don't usually get to work until after lunch...... plus you might want to post this over on M3Post too.
whys that ?
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #29
Kit523
Major General
 
Kit523's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: B.C. Vancouver

Posts: 6,872
iTrader: (25)

sorry for what happen to u man
a deposit should be refundable!
since they never stated saying the deposit is "non"-refundable....
scammers?

for the guy who said the deposit is non-refundable seems bs to me
unless u sign or read sth stating that "this deposit is non-refundable" before paying them or else all deposit is refundable....
it's their problem for not making it clear.....
Kit523 is offline   Hong Kong
0
      02-04-2009, 12:54 PM   #30
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
sorry for what happen to u man
a deposit should be refundable!
since they never stated saying the deposit is "non"-refundable....
scammers?

for the guy who said the deposit is non-refundable seems bs to me
unless u sign or read sth stating that "this deposit is non-refundable" before paying them or else all deposit is refundable....
it's their problem for not making it clear.....
yup im probably just going to go through my cc to get my money back ... since they have yet to reply to me
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #31
Kit523
Major General
 
Kit523's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: B.C. Vancouver

Posts: 6,872
iTrader: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
yup im probably just going to go through my cc to get my money back ... since they have yet to reply to me
just do that.....dun even deal with them= =
waste of time...
Kit523 is offline   Hong Kong
0
      02-04-2009, 01:14 PM   #32
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit523 View Post
just do that.....dun even deal with them= =
waste of time...
its all been done ... faxed a letter stating what happened ... my money will be back in there later today or tomorrow and they issued me a new card incase they try to bill me again

lesson learned dont order from renn spec
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 01:17 PM   #33
Holden_Caulfield04
Pro Detailer
 
Holden_Caulfield04's Avatar
 
Drives: e46 BMW
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
its all been done ... faxed a letter stating what happened ... my money will be back in there later today or tomorrow and they issued me a new card incase they try to bill me again

lesson learned dont order from renn spec
Just so you learn from this, people may and make judgments about your character and whether or not they wish to do business with you. That goes for everything you write in a public forum.

Just a friendly warning.
Holden_Caulfield04 is offline   Canada
0
      02-04-2009, 01:37 PM   #34
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
Just so you learn from this, people may and make judgments about your character and whether or not they wish to do business with you. That goes for everything you write in a public forum.

Just a friendly warning.


yeah im sure no1 is going to take my money ....
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 01:40 PM   #35
AdamJ
Second Lieutenant
 
AdamJ's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California

Posts: 277
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
yes i paid with my cc
So why would you wait for a vendor to credit you, when you can go straight to your credit card company to dispute the charge?
AdamJ is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 01:59 PM   #36
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
 
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MD

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to SE3P_to_E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
Just so you learn from this, people may and make judgments about your character and whether or not they wish to do business with you. That goes for everything you write in a public forum.

Just a friendly warning.
Umm, he hasn't written anything bad... Renn Spec or whatever that vendor has no "right" not refunding his money w/o a disclaimer that specifically states that deposits are nonrefundable... also, as the OP said, i have no doubt in my mind, and am reluctant to believe, that a vendor will refuse him as a potential customer because he started this forum warning potential customers about how shady RS is...

If i were in the OP's shoes, i'd even file a complaint w/ the BBB. my 2cents.
SE3P_to_E90 is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 03:23 PM   #37
Jimmeh
Major General
 
Jimmeh's Avatar
 
Drives: Ms. Daisy
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NY

Posts: 7,627
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden_Caulfield04 View Post
Just so you learn from this, people may and make judgments about your character and whether or not they wish to do business with you. That goes for everything you write in a public forum.

Just a friendly warning.
I just remembered why I liked South Park The Movie so much.......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzle View Post
i want to suck a fart out of Megan Foxes butt hole
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldasicex5 View Post
i hope your genitals get attacked by curious and wild flamingos.. (no, im not talking about alex and craig)
Jimmeh is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 03:28 PM   #38
Hedges
Major General
 
Hedges's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 C63 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 5,181
iTrader: (8)

Give the money back! Bad business practice!
Hedges is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #39
mJ335
Amateur Post Whore
 
mJ335's Avatar
 
Drives: 07 E90 SparkLiN G. 335i
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SocaL

Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
2007 e90 335i  [0.00]
scammers FTL.. really wanna jack OPs money like that?? So sad to see this.. Renn should chime in asap.
__________________
Go WiTh ThE FLoW.

|BL|RS|PIAA|CFE|CFMC|SSM|CFG|CFDP|ABG|M6|AFE|MTECH |RPI|JB+|CSLT|KWSC|
mJ335 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 05:01 PM   #40
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
all i am gonna say is that they have more then made it up to me and i am going to be doing business with them
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 05:26 PM   #41
SE3P_to_E90
Banned
 
Drives: E90 Msport + E83 Msport
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MD

Posts: 3,035
iTrader: (29)

Send a message via AIM to SE3P_to_E90
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWhite1015 View Post
all i am gonna say is that they have more then made it up to me and i am going to be doing business with them
Since this entire thread is about bashing RennSpec, and we have no idea what good they did to you to make it up, care to share what they offered?
SE3P_to_E90 is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 05:28 PM   #42
MrWhite1015
Major General
 
MrWhite1015's Avatar
 
Drives: MINIVAN
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Westchester NY

Posts: 6,020
iTrader: (21)

Garage List
Send a message via AIM to MrWhite1015
Quote:
Originally Posted by SE3P_to_E90 View Post
Since this entire thread is about bashing RennSpec, and we have no idea what good they did to you to make it up, care to share what they offered?
explained a few things and why it took so long to get back to me... offered my money back ... and a great great price on some coilovers .... beat everyone i have asked... that .. more then makes up for it in my mind ... situations come and go and they more then made it up to me ... at least in my mind
__________________
MrWhite1015 is offline  
0
      02-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #43
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
 
Drives: 1.9L of fury
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (4)

ahh, the power of the intArwebs.

Glad it worked out for you, and glad Renn Spec stepped up to make their customers happy. Looks like this is going to be a win-win situation
mike-y is offline   United_States
0
      02-04-2009, 05:59 PM   #44
Kit523
Major General
 
Kit523's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 AW E90 M3
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: B.C. Vancouver

Posts: 6,872
iTrader: (25)

+1^^^
Kit523 is offline   Hong Kong
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:21 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST