E90Post
 


GetBMWParts
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > DC Metro Zaino Session



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-30-2006, 12:27 AM   #1
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

DC Metro Zaino Session

Since the LUX install isn't going to happen, when are we going to do this thing? I already got my payment from AJ, so his car is going to be detailed first at the demo.

How about today or tomorrow?
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
FrankoQ
Deny everything
 
FrankoQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 11,293
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Since the LUX install isn't going to happen, when are we going to do this thing? I already got my payment from AJ, so his car is going to be detailed first at the demo.

How about today or tomorrow?
what's the fee?
is that T&M (time and materials) or just time?
How long does it take to do one car?

how many bimmers can you do in one day?

sounds like a nice summer job.
__________________

I need a drink

FrankoQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 08:17 AM   #3
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,751
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Shim is tentatively thinking of the following:

Full zaino package including handwash, tire dressing, undercarriage, trims all in with labor and materials (interior not included):

$55 (zaino)
$65 (zaino + claybar)
$free if you let shim do your car in a bikini




edit: tipping is not necessary but always appreciated

Any enquiries can be routed to shim or me, his appointed business manager
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!

Last edited by KL2DC; 06-30-2006 at 10:29 AM.
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 08:45 AM   #4
kobechrome
Captain
 
kobechrome's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ashburn, VA

Posts: 700
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Shim is tentatively thinking of the following:

Full zaino package including handwash, tire dressing, undercarriage, trims all in with labor and materials (interior not included):

$55 (zaino)
$65 (zaino + claybar)
$free if you let shim do your car in a bikini

I'm doing my car tomorrow - I just bought the package. I can't imagine doing more than 2-3 cars in a day for one person since 1) there's so many steps, and 2) shim's arm will fall off.
__________________
kobechrome is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 10:22 AM   #5
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ
what's the fee?
is that T&M (time and materials) or just time?
How long does it take to do one car?

how many bimmers can you do in one day?

sounds like a nice summer job.
Donny listed the price, with the exception of the claybar, I'm pretty much charging for labor. The actual material I use cost probably like less than $5 for each car. I doubt I can do more than two, since each one takes around five hours.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 10:28 AM   #6
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,751
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Donny listed the price, with the exception of the claybar, I'm pretty much charging for labor. The actual material I use cost probably like less than $5 for each car. I doubt I can do more than two, since each one takes around five hours.
I still say you're undercharging, so we'll leave those prices as DC metro e90post special pricing.

Btw pls put me on the interested list...
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
BK
Smiling politely
 
Drives: 330i
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 7,914
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330i  [4.50]
Hey, I'm still interested, too! Although, don't wait for me. I won't get my car for another month or so, and even then with the new baby on the way, I may not be able to leave the house for very long for some time after that!

I will, however, find ways to take off for short, fast drives. Maybe late at night.
__________________

330i | Black Sapphire | Beige + Burl | Sport | Premium | Cold | Nav | CA | Sat prep
BK is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #8
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
I still say you're undercharging, so we'll leave those prices as DC metro e90post special pricing.

Btw pls put me on the interested list...
Initially, I won't be charging more than that, because 1. I'm not a professional and 2. I need to attract a line by offering a lower price to spread word of my fantastic abilities. lawl

Eventually, when I get my own PC and start being able to compound scratches and remove swirls completely, I will probably start charging more.

I can give your interior a quick wipe down, but some people have REALLY disgusting interiors laden with trash; i.e. my dad's Benz. It was completely trashed with soda residue and everything, so my mom and I completely cleaned the interior out, yet in a week...
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 10:45 AM   #9
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK
Hey, I'm still interested, too! Although, don't wait for me. I won't get my car for another month or so, and even then with the new baby on the way, I may not be able to leave the house for very long for some time after that!

I will, however, find ways to take off for short, fast drives. Maybe late at night.
You can still show up to the session. AJ only has like four parking spaces anyway.
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 11:02 AM   #10
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,751
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Shim, maybe you can get Hard Gay to round up more customers

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23501
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #11
Dani
Major
 
Dani's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Dani
save my spot in line for the Zaino. Sundays are best for me because its my day off or I could be the second car on a Saturday right before our happy hour....
Dani is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 12:36 PM   #12
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
save my spot in line for the Zaino. Sundays are best for me because its my day off or I could be the second car on a Saturday right before our happy hour....
I have all summer lol
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 01:10 PM   #13
velore
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Alexandria, VA

Posts: 44
iTrader: (0)

id be interested in having you zaino my car. ive read on the wash/wax forum how to zaino and clay bar, but i would prolly screw up and make the car look worse.
__________________
2006 330i: Jet Black|Black Leatherette| Aluminum Trim|Stepronic|Nav w/Idrive|ZCW|Comfort Access

5/07/2006-Production Begins
5/13/2006-Production Completed
5/16/2006-Arrived at Port
5/18/2006-Loaded on the Titus
6/02/2006-Arrived in NY and at VPC
6/08/2006-Finally Here
velore is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 01:52 PM   #14
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,874
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
I'm doing my car tomorrow - I just bought the package. I can't imagine doing more than 2-3 cars in a day for one person since 1) there's so many steps, and 2) shim's arm will fall off.
Kobe! can you post photos of what you bought, and explain what each one is for.
Im so confused about all this Zaino and claybar thing, I what to make sure I just get whats is needed and necesary
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 02:37 PM   #15
Dani
Major
 
Dani's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 325I Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Maryland

Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to Dani
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
I have all summer lol
but I want my car to lok pretty NOW....
Dani is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 02:49 PM   #16
FrankoQ
Deny everything
 
FrankoQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 11,293
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
I got my zaino package this week.
I'll zaino on saturday.
I got the z2,z6,z8,z7 and zfx
Shim... what's the process? how many coats of each?
how much time between coats?
Please help this zaino rookie.

Hope my arm can take it.
__________________

I need a drink

FrankoQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 02:59 PM   #17
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
 
shimshimhada's Avatar
 
Drives: Portal
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Portal

Posts: 4,839
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankoQ
I got my zaino package this week.
I'll zaino on saturday.
I got the z2,z6,z8,z7 and zfx
Shim... what's the process? how many coats of each?
how much time between coats?
Please help this zaino rookie.

Hope my arm can take it.
1. Wash with dawn (just for this first time, every other time, wash with Z7)

2. Dry your car

3. Fill half of those 2oz bottles with 1oz of Z2 and 5 drops of ZFX

4. Mix it for a good 90 seconds, this batch is good for up to 12 hours and should yield 3.5 coats if applied properly (very thin coats)

5. Apply one coat of Z2/ZFX and wait for 30 minutes to haze over (when it's ready to buff off, you should be able to wipe it easily off with your index finger)

6. Buff off a section (i.e. front hood) with a MF towel then spray buffed section with either Z6 or Z8 (Z8 is like the supercharged version of Z6) and wipe off immediately with the other side of your MF towel (or a separate one if you want).

7. Repeat 5 and 6 two more times, for a maximum number of three coats.

An important thing to remember is to always use straight back and forth or up and down motions when doing ANYTHING (washing, applying sealant, etc.)
shimshimhada is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
bostoniant
Private First Class
 
bostoniant's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330xi
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Wash, DC

Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to bostoniant
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Shim, maybe you can get Hard Gay to round up more customers

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23501


AHAHAHHAHHAHA. HARD GAY WASH!!
bostoniant is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #19
FrankoQ
Deny everything
 
FrankoQ's Avatar
 
Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Laurel, MD

Posts: 11,293
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Send a message via AIM to FrankoQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
1. Wash with dawn (just for this first time, every other time, wash with Z7)

2. Dry your car

3. Fill half of those 2oz bottles with 1oz of Z2 and 5 drops of ZFX

4. Mix it for a good 90 seconds, this batch is good for up to 12 hours and should yield 3.5 coats if applied properly (very thin coats)

5. Apply one coat of Z2/ZFX and wait for 30 minutes to haze over (when it's ready to buff off, you should be able to wipe it easily off with your index finger)

6. Buff off a section (i.e. front hood) with a MF towel then spray buffed section with either Z6 or Z8 (Z8 is like the supercharged version of Z6) and wipe off immediately with the other side of your MF towel (or a separate one if you want).

7. Repeat 5 and 6 two more times, for a maximum number of three coats.

An important thing to remember is to always use straight back and forth or up and down motions when doing ANYTHING (washing, applying sealant, etc.)

Thanks Shim!!!
__________________

I need a drink

FrankoQ is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 03:38 PM   #20
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,751
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Should we start a zaino list :

Shim's Mobile Zaino Service - Limited Availability

1. AJ (bavarian19)
2. Donny (KL2DC)
3. Andrew (YuBimmer)
4. Dani (Dani)
5. Velore
6.
7.
8.

That's like $260 right there ...
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 06:06 PM   #21
ase2dais
//Mdicted
 
ase2dais's Avatar
 
Drives: a Cop Magnet
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: 495 Ring

Posts: 9,874
iTrader: (17)

Garage List
ok, Im in.
how much more for clay?
ase2dais is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      06-30-2006, 06:09 PM   #22
KL2DC
Moderator
 
KL2DC's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 328i, E85 Z4 3.0i
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 17,751
iTrader: (22)

Garage List
2011 E90 328i  [0.00]
2006 E85 Z4 3.0i  [0.00]
Send a message via MSN to KL2DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ase2dais
ok, Im in.
how much more for clay?
Its $65 with the claying...

Should I put you down for 1 Bimmer or 2
__________________

Official DC Metro Registry - Current, New & Prospective Area Members Roll Call!
KL2DC is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST