E90Post
 


E92-lighting
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental) > Window tint In Germany



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-30-2008, 11:05 AM   #1
MDL335i
Second Lieutenant
 
MDL335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (14)

Window tint In Germany

Can anyone recommend a shop that does window tint near Nuremberg, Germany?
__________________
MDL335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
MDL335i
Second Lieutenant
 
MDL335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (14)

Does anyone who lives in Germany have their windows tinted? A name of a chain that does tinting would be helpful.
__________________
MDL335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-08-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
asongulol20
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: E90, 6spdmt, bsm, sport pkg
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: everywhere, damn im tired of moving. 10 more years of this shit. Currently: alaska

Posts: 45
iTrader: (0)

You might not want to do it. Unless you're leaving germany before you have to reregister your car. There is a new law in germany where you cannot have any kind of tint in your car. It doesnt matter how dark the tint is. Two things can happen if you do get a tint. one, get a ticket if you get pulled over by the polizei. Two, if you try to reregister your car they will not pass your inspection until you take the tint out. Hope this helps. I am leaving Germany in 4 weeks so i'll wait till i get to the states and get my tint there.
asongulol20 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-09-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
MDL335i
Second Lieutenant
 
MDL335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 05 M3
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: GA

Posts: 238
iTrader: (14)

I guess Ill just wait until I get back to the states in a few months then.
__________________
MDL335i is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-23-2008, 09:37 AM   #5
hanmaas
Lieutenant
 
hanmaas's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Europe

Posts: 577
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by asongulol20 View Post
You might not want to do it. Unless you're leaving germany before you have to reregister your car. There is a new law in germany where you cannot have any kind of tint in your car. It doesnt matter how dark the tint is. Two things can happen if you do get a tint. one, get a ticket if you get pulled over by the polizei. Two, if you try to reregister your car they will not pass your inspection until you take the tint out. Hope this helps. I am leaving Germany in 4 weeks so i'll wait till i get to the states and get my tint there.
thats bullshit, at least for cars with regular civilian german plates. there is no new law. you can tint all windows behind the b-pillar....windshield and front side windows are not allowed. maybe there's a new law that applies to americans stationed in germany?
__________________
hanmaas is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      01-28-2009, 04:23 AM   #6
Geoffo
Major
 
Geoffo's Avatar
 
Drives: Something else..
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Around the fur

Posts: 1,319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmaas View Post
thats bullshit, at least for cars with regular civilian german plates. there is no new law. you can tint all windows behind the b-pillar....windshield and front side windows are not allowed. maybe there's a new law that applies to americans stationed in germany?
I agree with hanmaas. I'm living in Belgium which has the same rules as Germany when i comes to window tinting. Windshield,Drivers door & front passenger door are not allowed to be tinted. You can pretty much do what you want with the other window's..
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zltm089 View Post
YOU GUYS ARE TWISTED!!!...lol...a midget!!!....
Geoffo is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      02-07-2009, 07:56 PM   #7
topmar
Enlisted Member
 
topmar's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 320d PPK (197HP)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Greece

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffo318 View Post
I agree with hanmaas. I'm living in Belgium which has the same rules as Germany when i comes to window tinting. Windshield,Drivers door & front passenger door are not allowed to be tinted. You can pretty much do what you want with the other window's..
Yep, I verify that too....
topmar is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      02-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
Chriz3586
The New German Guy
 
Chriz3586's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 e92 335i DCT
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Germany

Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Send a message via MSN to Chriz3586 Send a message via Skype™ to Chriz3586
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmaas View Post
thats bullshit, at least for cars with regular civilian german plates. there is no new law. you can tint all windows behind the b-pillar....windshield and front side windows are not allowed. maybe there's a new law that applies to americans stationed in germany?
correct
Chriz3586 is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
      02-20-2009, 12:10 PM   #9
GhOsT_E90
First Lieutenant
 
GhOsT_E90's Avatar
 
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E90
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Yelm, WA

Posts: 324
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2008 335i E90  [0.00]
Just getting my E90 tinted today, this place is near Neustadt, about 45min away from Nurmberg I think.

Litschi
Industriestrasse 1
Dietersheim 91463

www.litschi.de
__________________
Mods: JB3,RR catted DP, RennArt resonated exhaust, AFE intake, 19x8.5 & 19.9.5 Linea Corsea Strasse mounted on Nitto Invo 235/35/19front & 285/30/19rear. M3 spoiler, front spilters and ACS roof spoiler. And whooping Blue0013 around the Nurburgring all day long.
GhOsT_E90 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST